altitude sick 10-Nov-19
deerslayer 10-Nov-19
cnelk 10-Nov-19
JL 10-Nov-19
jwhittaker 11-Nov-19
COHOYTHUNTER 11-Nov-19
fubar racin 11-Nov-19
10-Nov-19
So..... thinking about upgrading my 2015 Nitrum this next year. Been shooting Hoyt for a long time and have had good success with them, but I want something a smidge lighter than their aluminum models, and was thinking of giving the carbon line a whirl. However, my main complaints with Hoyt is they always seem noisier than other bows, I absolutely hate their draw stop system (glued in rubber), and they have a spongy back wall.

I am open to any brand/model, and came across APA Archery. I’ve heard of them before and seen them advertised here and there, but never really looked at them hard. After going through their specs I am really impressed. They’re lighter than most aluminums from the main companies, seem to be smoking fast (although admittedly I’m not a need for speed guy), sounds like they have much more tune ability (no press needed?), and have read they’re very quiet. I’m also an 80 lb limb fan and they go all the way to 90! (Not considering the 90, just think it’s a good niche for them to fill)

I am thinking this may be a very overlooked and underrated bow company. Anyone have any experience with them? Shoot them, etc?

10-Nov-19
Interested in them as well Iv read a lot of good things but no first hand experience. My current plan is to shoot all the new 80# 2020s once they are out and if nothing sings to me try the apa test drive since I’m also an 80# fan.

10-Nov-19
I looked into the Cobra but never shot one. Please let us know what you learn.

10-Nov-19
Will do man. Got a shop an hour north of me in Canada. Going to see if they have a few I can shoot. Watched a YT review, their speeds with heavy poundage and heavy arrows are unreal! Not a speed freak, but I won’t discount it if it’s pushing logs at fast speeds!

10-Nov-19

10-Nov-19
I've had a 80lb Black Mamba II since about 2010/11. I had to set it to about 72lbs as I got older. I've said it before and will say it again...some of their innovations are way ahead of the other US big name companies. The one I absolutely love and use every time I'm in the stand is the "fangs" (hooks) built into the top of the riser. It allows you to simply hang your bow on a nearby limb or hanger and get it off quietly. I like that I can change a string in the field easily if I needed to. The bows come with a stainless steel pin attached to the bow. You can take that pin, pull the string back and have someone insert the pin into the cam to hold it in place while you change the string or put your foot on the string and do it that way. The BH/knife sharpener is pretty cool too. It also has a BH tightener too. Plus I think they will also buy your bow back and/or take on a trade in towards a new bow.

11-Nov-19
I’ve been looking at them forever!!!! I think they’re great

11-Nov-19
I hunted with a guy a few years back from the UK. He used one and it seemed pretty legit. I've looked them and see they have a 'try before you buy' option. to get it shipped to you to try out and ship back if you don't like it.

11-Nov-19
Maybe I’m wrong but I think it’s a buy try and return if you don’t like it type deal.

• Sitka Gear