lewis 10-Nov-19
greg simon 10-Nov-19
SixLomaz 10-Nov-19
Buffalo1 10-Nov-19
ronsoutdoors 10-Nov-19
greenmountain 11-Nov-19
lewis 11-Nov-19
10-Nov-19
I spent this birthday like I have as long as I can remember perched on a stand in the deer woods. I had a great morning with a visit from a nice wide 8 pointer just not old enough. It’s been a crazy year started with a blown out left knee that prevented me from going hunting with a buddy that I have known for over thirty years for the first time.Bigdan and I drew Az together and were excited about the draw. I had to cancel because of the knee but through a program that is in place I was able to keep my points and donate my tag to a veteran. So we planned to put in for the draw and hunt this upcoming year.Obviously that hunt will never happen.Dan passed away this summer as you all know.That one hurt and still does. My knee surgery went well plus a long tough sinus surgery that I don’t wish on anyone.Still dealing with sinus discomfort and going to Vanderbilt in the morning. My wife and best hunting buddy spent this morning in the woods.We have been married 30 years this December and it has been great but where does the time go. I hope each and everyone of you have a great season and many more to come. Good luck and don’t put anything off just do it. Lewis

10-Nov-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Lewis, happy birthday and I'm so glad you're still out doing what you love!

As for time passing, yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the death of my best friend's son. We talked about it last night and it seems like it was last year. Two years and three days since my wife died. Seems like last year. I spent the day up in the hills chasing muleys. That's what she would have wanted me to do. As we get older the hands on the clock move faster. Keep doing it. Father Time waits for no one.

BTW, I killed my elk this year with an arrow marked "Bigdan" on one fletch and the Kelly Harris "114" on another. I still regret not taking the opportunity to hunt with either of them. It was always "maybe next year". Now next year will never come.

10-Nov-19
Happy birthday Lewis! Best of luck in the deer woods!

10-Nov-19

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
This the guy I was hoping would show up that would have been a great present.Thanks for the good wishes.Lou you are so right there is no guarantee on tomorrow for anyone.Lewis

10-Nov-19
Still giving them heck Lewis. Goof for you!!!

10-Nov-19
Happy Birthday! Thanks for the motivation gents!

10-Nov-19
Thanks for sharing Lewis! Turned 65 in august and still enjoy hunting very much, but find I am passing on a lot more shots than I used to. Broke my back 10 years ago and knee replacement has slowed me down a lot. And you are right time does fly. Also enjoy hunting with my son more and more. Keep enjoying life. Greg

10-Nov-19
Being in the deer stand is a darn good present. Many more! C

10-Nov-19
Happy 73rd lewis. I’m just six months behind you, but I’m trying not to think too hard on that.......

10-Nov-19
Thanks all now go drag a biggun out

10-Nov-19

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Lou I also dedicated my hunts to BigDan good luck all Lewis

10-Nov-19
Happy Birthday Lewis! Today is my mother’s birthday as well. Going to have dinner with her as soon as I climb out of my stand this evening.

10-Nov-19
Happy BIrthday Sir! May God give you many more years in health.

10-Nov-19
Happy birthday Lewis. The more you have, the greater each one's meaning. I always look forward to your birthday thread. Our birthdates are just days apart, but you will always be older !!

10-Nov-19
Happy Birthday Gents thanks for being an inspiration to us that are also moving up the ladder .Good to look back and remember those that we have shared the woods with over the years

11-Nov-19
Happy birthday Lewis: Thank you for sharing your birthday experience. As the years go by the experience counts for more and more and the meat pole is less of an indicator of success. Ron: Any luck in bow season?

11-Nov-19
Not yet but our rut is kicking in so we shall see thanks for asking Good Luck all Lewis

• Sitka Gear