EliteFan 13-Nov-19
320 bull 13-Nov-19
IdyllwildArcher 13-Nov-19
timex 13-Nov-19
Dirty D 13-Nov-19
Lee 14-Nov-19
cnelk 14-Nov-19
10-Nov-19
The freezers are getting full or are full. Curious how often people eat their wild game.

Every day? Once a week? Twice a week?

10-Nov-19
1-3 times a week. The steaks I tend to hoard and then I’ll go on a steak kick. If I could hit my ass with the rifle I’d be eating it more often. SMH...

11-Nov-19
3-4 times a week easily. The only beef I buy are some rib-eyes for the grill and a brisket or two each summer for the smoker. The rest of the red meat consumed in my house is deer, antelope, elk, etc.

11-Nov-19
When times are good, some sort of wild game or fish 4-5 times a week. This year, times are good! ;-)

11-Nov-19
everyday plus

11-Nov-19
4 or 5 right now cuz I need to make space in the freezer. Probably down to 3 by Jan or Feb but we are a family of 9 so each meal is around 3-4 lbs.

11-Nov-19
1-2 on a normal week, less when I get busy. Breakfast sausage (wild hog), venison steaks, and the rest in the form of jerky or summer sausage. Now excuse me as I have another wild boar biscuit sandwich.

11-Nov-19
Pretty much every day if I the freezer is loaded. I usually meal prep so I have plenty of protein for my in-between major meals at work. Venison fills the bill for these meals. Today's mid morning meal is deer heart!

11-Nov-19
Easily 4-5 days per week.

11-Nov-19
Pretty well everyday

11-Nov-19
Pretty much everyday. Deer sausage with biscuits and gravel, burger rolled in cheese and bacon, round steak Quesadilla, jerky. Hit links, catfish nuggets, pheasant noodle soup. One of my favorites from Meat Eater is pounded tortilla thin round steak made a chicken fried steak. I could keep going but now I'm hungry going to make up something.

11-Nov-19
At least 4 times a week at our house,

11-Nov-19
"Deer sausage with biscuits and gravel"

mmmmmm….crunchy! ;-)

11-Nov-19
Couple times a week when it allows. My 2yo loves elk and deer.

11-Nov-19
It varies but at least 2x per week. We're on a roll right now. Elk meatloaf Thurs supper, elk sausage Sat morning, whitetail shanks Sunday supper. No wild game on Pizza Fridays.

11-Nov-19
I’d say between 3-6. Only times we don’t is if it’s chicken or maybe farmer sausage, which then means we’d have a left over meal most likely. Pizza isn’t always wild pep. Pancakes aren’t wild lol. So probably closer to 5 on average as my wife usually does chicken once a week and then the odd “special” meal for the kids

11-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
This is 3lbs of elk meat made into jerky yesterday. I’ll bring it in to work and let co-workers enjoy.

It varies on how much game I’ll eat per week. Sometimes it’s 2-3, sometimes it’s 0.

I like to gift meat to others who aren’t fortunate in tagging out or just want to try some wild game.

11-Nov-19
5-7 suppers a week and usually leftovers for lunches

11-Nov-19
Usually 5-7 nights per week, cheap groceries for a grad student!

11-Nov-19
Definitely at least 5 days a week

11-Nov-19
My freezer is empty or I would eat every night. Its not for lack of effort. :(

11-Nov-19
4-7 days a week

11-Nov-19
4 to 5

11-Nov-19
2-4 kind of depends on the week, the only ground meat we eat all year is venison.

11-Nov-19
Our Chicken and fish have store labels all the red meat have carcass tags.

11-Nov-19
I haven't eaten domestic(beef) meat since the early 80's! I love venison and this is what I eat, along with other game I get through out the year! Just me! Have a Great Day!

11-Nov-19
Some weeks I eat deer several times some weeks not at all. Fortunately I raise my own beef, it’s hard to beat a home grown angus steak. Plus if I had to rely on my elk hunting abilities I would starve.

11-Nov-19
I'd say we average 5 days per week.

It's just my Wife and I now, so an elk lasts longer than it used to.

11-Nov-19
If fish is included along with the deer and hog, 3-5 times a week

11-Nov-19
5 days a week for sure sometimes more

11-Nov-19
1-3 times a week. We eat lots of ground game in various foods. we will eat chicken sometimes. But other than that we eat wild game year round

11-Nov-19
Crap, no new meat this season so been rationing. Eat lots when we have it! Still have a few packages in the bottom of the freezer. Hopefully have some time to get out for a private land tag and maybe Texas to try and reload the freezer! Went through a cow elk, 2 whitetails, and an antelope last year.

11-Nov-19
I very rarely purchase meat. We either eat wild game or lamb that I raise myself. Besides venison we eat rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, beaver, waterfowl and fish.

11-Nov-19
Several times a year. Not a big fan of game meat. I give almost all of mine away.

11-Nov-19
3 to 4 times a week. Venison in the freezer from last year and moose from this year. Try to add some chicken or pork once or twice a week. Use ground for lots or variation. Hoping for some late season wapiti.

11-Nov-19
It's the only red meat we eat at home. We don't eat red meat every day but, 3-5 days a week.

11-Nov-19
Two to three times a week. We haven’t bought ground beef or beef round since forever. Chili, spaghetti, sloppy joes, casseroles, meatloaf, hamburger steaks, etc. take up most of our ground. We steak everything else that we can except the straps and tenders, they go on the grill. Yummy !

11-Nov-19
Have not eaten any beef since the first moose trip to NL in 2010!!! Some pork, some chicken, but love my moose...last trip was 2017 and buddies are there right now hunting...was supposed to be with them but hip surgery intervened.

11-Nov-19
Does anyone else have a wife that goes to the store and buys meat for dinner. When you get home your like WTF we have two freezer full in the garage? Then she says but that was frozen. With that said probably twice a week.

11-Nov-19
A few weeks ago, I bought a pound of beef burger. Havent done that in years.

I'll tell you what, that was some of the best eating burgers Ive had. Nothing like having burger juices dripping down your chin every once in awhile.

At only $3.50/lb !!! :)

11-Nov-19
5-6 days week

11-Nov-19
If I want a juicier burger I just add more fat back or beef suet. But I've yet to find a piece of wild game that can replace a well marbled steak grilled medium rare. I love a good piece of backstrap or tenderloin grilled rare but it's like comparing apples to oranges.

11-Nov-19
2-4 times per week, could be more or less depending on whether i'm trying to conserve or free up freezer space. The kids don't care for steaks too much yet, but they eat a good amount of elk burger. I save the steaks and roasts for myself which is okay by me. I rarely buy beef, don't really like it anymore. Just too rich and fatty for me, but I'll buy an occasional filet mignon. I still buy chicken, fish and I love seafood so that is what comes from the grocery store.

11-Nov-19
3-4x per week, although with my kids getting bigger I need to put more in the freezer, 1lb of meat doesn't go as far as it used to in our house!

11-Nov-19
When I have it, daily depending on our menu. If it requires meat, it's wild game.

11-Nov-19
Depending on amount in the freezer 2 to 5-6 times a week. With a big cow moose this year eating on the more often side.

12-Nov-19
Every time I eat protein

12-Nov-19
Daily. I'm a gather. Hunt for food.

12-Nov-19
every day

12-Nov-19
I'm surprised by the range of answers. For our family it's 6 days/week. That's accounting for going out to eat and the occasional chicken meat we buy.

12-Nov-19
3 - 4 times per week all year long. I rarely buy beef. I do buy some chicken and I am addicted to PORK :)

12-Nov-19
Not quite like JohnMC, but my wife does not eat wild game as much as I hate to admit it. She is a wonderful wife and only buys chicken and fish (when I am out of fresh caught and never buys meat). I sometimes cook and eat wild game meat several times a week using my special ways. When I am with our grown adult boys we eat wild game that they have bow killed. All of our freezers are generally full with wild game. I am proud to have passed the legacy of bowhunting on to my boys and now my grandkids. They eat wild game regularly and seem to love it. Interesting thread that you came up with......Bob

12-Nov-19
Every time we eat at home...so just about every day!

12-Nov-19
Probably twice a week we eat lots of roast in the crockpot (fall and winter )and do lots of burger grilling in the summer. Have not purchased domestic red meat in the grocery store in a looong time.

12-Nov-19
There are some hardcore venison eaters on here. I would guess we eat it 1-2 times a week for about 3-4 months in fall/winter. Then that's it for the year

12-Nov-19
I would guess 5 times/week. We don’t buy beef and mostly only eat wild game. A huge part of the fun for me. Nothing against guys who never eat their deer and just donate, but that doesn’t compute for me.

13-Nov-19
I'll buy some pork or a beef steak once or twice a month, beyond that its 100% wild game.

13-Nov-19
Prob average 4-5 days. It’s the only red meat and ground we have. But we could eat it multiple times in a day

13-Nov-19
Depends on how much I get, but when it's two deer or an elk, at least 2x/week. Often more. One deer - its once a week to make it last. I like to carry a few packages over in case I don't get something (but with rifle season as a backup, I haven't had that happen). I'll make a Dutch oven full of bbq pulled venison and eat it all week sometimes. Same with a large roast - venison stroganoff lasts a few days. I sometimes eat two meals of pulled venison a day. Dinosaur BBQ Sensuous Slathering sauce (local biker bar that markets its sauces in local stores) is the best.

13-Nov-19
my entire life my family has eaten more game & fish than any other iv known my father would say that it's not that we can't afford store bought meat but (WHY) when hunting & fishing is so much fun. I grew up in Jacksonville nc & didn't start deer hunting till we moved to va but small game. doves - quail & waterfowl plus fish both fresh & saltwater was for supper almost every night heck it was actually my chores to catch brem from the local pond or shoot pigeons from the farmers tobacco barn for supper. my father has been gone a long time but I've never changed other than we mostly eat venison & offshore fish species now on average we eat (store bought) pork or chicken once every other week & go out to dinner maybe once a month. I do buy several pork shoulders when on sale & grind in with my venison burger I would guess that we spend less than 300$ a year on store bought meat but thousands on hunting & fishing every year. go figure

13-Nov-19
4-5 times per week for sure. Often times more and sometimes multiple times per day.

13-Nov-19
As often as I can. I would say on a yearly average probably 3-4 meals a week not counting left overs. I am counting fish in that as well. I like to keep things moving through the freezer at a pretty good clip. I keep the supply heavy going into the fridge!!!

13-Nov-19
1-2 times a day - breakfast and dinner every day. Sometimes 3 if I take leftovers to work for lunch. The only time I don't eat game meat is when I eat fish or go out to eat/travel. The only meat I buy is bacon and most of that goes to wrap my game meat.

I haven't eaten a speck of chicken in almost 5 years and I only have beef when I'm at a restaurant.

13-Nov-19
I didn't read all posts & I'm lucky to live on the VA coast & have my own offshore fishing boat so we have lots of offshore fish species to add to the wild game menu. no one really mentioned it & perhaps a different thread is appropriate but coming from someone that has eaten wild game their entire life (variety) is the key. of course we freez the usual cuts of venison but we also cann venison & fish several different recipes of each we make burger & sausage. jerky. salt & pepper cured hams & shoulders. pastrami. & send deboned hams to pa to be made into bologna with cheddar & jalapeno & also what they call dry meat (like chip beef) it's awsom. if your gonna live on wild game & fish variety is a must. or at least it is for us

13-Nov-19
More often than not. Just bought a pressure canner to help aleviate some frezzer space, good problem to have!

14-Nov-19
4-5 days a week. About the only time we don’t is if we eat out.

Lee

14-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
It was Tenderloin Thursday tonight. That would be elk tenderloin

• Sitka Gear