bentshaft 12-Nov-19
longspeak74 13-Nov-19
BGbasbhat 13-Nov-19
Scar Finga 13-Nov-19
Scar Finga 13-Nov-19
Nomad @ work 13-Nov-19
longspeak74 13-Nov-19
11-Nov-19
With all the conversations about Sitka, Kifaru, etc...does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on Nomad gear? In doing some quick research, it looks fairly quality and at a reasonable price point.

12-Nov-19
I have looked at it, not the same quality as Sitka!

12-Nov-19
Not from what I've seen either. There really is almost never something "as good as" and "costs less". That said Nomad may be exactly right for you, that I don't know.

12-Nov-19
I have a couple of pieces, the harvester jacket is warm and light. That being said, I'm not into the the latest "designer camo" fad, so I judge it strictly on function. Also I'm not running and gunning the mountains so I need something that will work on long tree stand vigils.

13-Nov-19
Bent - that's exactly the feedback I was looking for. I have items for my mountain hunts, but looking for late season tree stand Whitetail.

13-Nov-19
Not sure if they'll be there in time, but camofire.com usually has some Nomad stuff from time to time.

13-Nov-19
I have some Nomad stuff and really like it! I have an older Sitka Jacket, (It's the older lighter one with the hood, I don't recall the name now), and my Nomad barrier Jacket and they are within 2.0 oz. of each other. The barrier doesn't have the hood, so that could be the weight difference. I wouldn't hesitate to wear it the mountains as a cool weather jacket or as part of my layering system. DWR treated and very wind resistant.

I think they are good quality at a decent price!

13-Nov-19
Maybe I am wrong, but I think people have gotten way to wrapped up in hype of some of this clothing! No doubt it's good, but I don't know if it is worth 300-600.00 for a rain jacket and 700.00 for a parka! I have some Sitka rain gear, and I really don't think it is any better than some of the better Froggs Toggs stuff or Cables Space Rain gear I have.

Not that I don't like it, just paying for a name sometimes... but then again, I also really like First Lite gear! LOL

JMHO...

13-Nov-19
Hey.....leave my gear alone. It's not for sale. Especially during the rut! ;)

13-Nov-19
Good point Scar. I have bins full of hunting clothing (Gander Mt., Cabelas, etc) that just don't work for the style of hunting I do now. It worked when I first started, but isn't really applicable now. I just cannot bring myself to pay the prices associated with some of the big names. I am sure the quality is top notch, but always looking for a "close to" alternative.

• Sitka Gear