skipmaster1 13-Nov-19
Shawn 13-Nov-19
JL 13-Nov-19
Hardchild 15-Nov-19
Kodiak 15-Nov-19
BIG BEAR 15-Nov-19
DEMO-Bowhunter 16-Nov-19
12-Nov-19
What are everyone's suggestions for Cold Weather boots? I've been using 400G Thinsulate Danner Pronghorns and feel good down into the 30°F temps, but I'm looking for some for down to below zero for Whitetail hunting and ice fishing? I would like them to be good for both walking and stand hunting. They need to be rubber bottom waterproof enough for hunting in snow. I know that all brands run and fit differently, but I need some choices to go check out for fit.

12-Nov-19
For extreme cold, I always end up going back to my White Military Bunny Boots. Nothing warmer.

12-Nov-19
This same thread has been posted several times recently. The consensus is a warm, not super tight boot, then boot blankets. I use the Arctic Shield boot blankets and they have made a tremendous difference.

12-Nov-19
Lacrosse ice kings

12-Nov-19
I have the Cabelas Predator Extremes....they are really light which is what I really like. A rugged no slip sole that is very thick so ice or metal/stand won`t penetrate and on the bottom of the liner it has a pocket for "toe warmer" packets.

Mine is the leather version for durability and waterproof treatments.

12-Nov-19
So how do you search for threads on Bowsite? I know I've seen threads on this subject, but damned if I can find them.

12-Nov-19
John..... If you want a pair of ice fishing boots you can pick up a pair of the bunny boots either on Craig’s list or any Military Surplus store.... for as cheap as $50. Some guys screw a few sheet metal screws in the bottom of them so the screw heads act as spikes on slippery ice that doesn’t have any snow on it. They’re not good for walking for hunting though....

12-Nov-19
If you want to search bowsite go to google and search “cold weather boots bowsite”

Then go buy yourself Mickey or bunny boots

12-Nov-19
Mickey Mouse boots for me when it's real cold. If I I have to hike any distance to my blind, I use Kamik boots with removable thick Thinsulate wicking liners.

12-Nov-19
x2 on the Ice Kings from La Crosse. I've never had cold feet in them.

12-Nov-19
Funny, I bought the Arctic Shields last year and after using them twice they went back in the box. If it gets real cold, I just wear Baffin's and put them on the Peetz boot dryer every night.

12-Nov-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Moon boots for sure had them in yesterday 5 above 18 below wind chill feet nice and toasty.

12-Nov-19
White bunny boots. Nice wool socks.

12-Nov-19
I don't think Lacrosse make Ice Kings anymore? Back when they first came out, they were the warmest boots made other than the Mickey Mouse boots.

12-Nov-19

Joey Ward's Link
Link to Lacrosse Ice Kings...…………………

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/catalog/product/view/id/500/s/ice-king-10-brown-400g/category/448/

12-Nov-19
I was under the assumption he wanted a pair of "warm boots". Boot blankets aren`t very versatile.

Every thread on Bowsite has been regurgitated many times over....if we told people to "use the search button" we wouldn`t have any threads to discuss. lol

I welcome the interaction and repeat threads as there is always something new coming out that we might not know about.

12-Nov-19

JL's Link
I have some Baffin Control Max snow boots for the real cold stuff. I've own a few brands like La Cross and Sorrels and these are the best by far. Excellent warmth retention, fit and quality.

12-Nov-19
Baffin Eigers Can’t find a lighter boot that keeps your feet warmer. Get a size bigger than your normal size.

13-Nov-19
I just bought some artic shield boot insulators. Giving it a try.

13-Nov-19
How big are the Baffin boots? I have a problem with boots being too bulky to climb with my Lone Wolf climber

13-Nov-19
Baffin, my kids bought me a pair last year. Rated to 135 below. They were around 300 bucks but they are incredible. I have sat with wind chills in the minus teens and have been good! Shawn

13-Nov-19
Skip....my particular Baffins would be hard to use in a climber that uses the stirrups like a Summit. Mine are size 14.

15-Nov-19

Hardchild's Link
muck boots woody arctic ice is the best for me and my wife.

15-Nov-19
I use Mickey Mouse boots but the Bunny boots are even warmer.

Try em, I think you'll be impressed.

15-Nov-19
Hardchild......... my feet get cold in my Muck Arctic Pros.... They’re a good rubber boot..... but not for extreme cold... for me anyways......Maybe the Artic Ice are better..... peace.

16-Nov-19

DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Like most, I have tried a bunch of different things to keep my feet warm on stand and never found anything I will use in the whitetail woods.

While on a hunt in the NWT, one of the guides had a pair of down slippers for around camp. I instantly thought of these for the WT stand. I looked at several online and then decided on the Feathered Friends model. They had the most down, made for light duty exterior use and were very packable.

I never liked the boot blankets because by the time you get them on, your feet, they are huge and take up the entire platform and take up so much room trying to carry them.

I couldn't ever get the Arctic shields to work for me after trying many different things.

So, back to the slippers...spent the last couple days on stand in 20-30* temps and my feet were warm the entire sit. I walked in with my rubber boots and then put on the slippers at the base of my tree. I then put my boots inside a garbage bag to reduce the scent.

Worked well for me and they pack down super small and weigh less than a pound.

• Sitka Gear