The dream 16-Nov-19
krieger 16-Nov-19
BOWNBIRDHNTR 18-Nov-19
Bigwoodshunter 18-Nov-19
12-Nov-19

cnelk's Link
Short stuff! See link

12-Nov-19
Newly designed lead risers too! Lol I’ll be shooting them in a few weeks I do actually kind of like the specs on the 31.5

12-Nov-19
More retreads

12-Nov-19
Junk

12-Nov-19
"Our most stable and stealthy platform to date...."

12-Nov-19
I was hoping they would have come up with a 7” brace height

12-Nov-19
Sure looks like they are copying Hoyt's technology. "Follow Them If We Can?"

12-Nov-19
The .22 lbs heavier 31.5” bow cost $100 more then the 28” bow.

12-Nov-19
Seems to be a trend...

12-Nov-19
The Traverse would be the only one I'd be interested in although it's a little heavier than I like.

12-Nov-19
Short bows. Short draw lengths, and they weight a ton !

12-Nov-19
Has anybody shot one? None of the reviews say anything about the valley or back wall. I shoot a z7 extreme and like it, but the valley is non existent and back wall is not solid. When I up grade I wanna bow that will address these two issues

12-Nov-19
lots of haters but mathews will sell a huge amount of these and make millions no matter what you say.

12-Nov-19
Here we go again another one Kentuckbowhnter Because someone express their opinion that make you a hater?

12-Nov-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

Pat Lefemine's Link
I spent the last 3 weeks with it. Never did understand how people who have never shot, or even seen the bow (since it was released today) can trash it. Always seems silly to me. BTW - the bow was terrific and we did an honest review of it. Better than Triax in most regards, and equal to Vertix in everything except draw cycle which was a little sharper than the Vertix but that's' because the Vertix is longer. I also tend to like a longer bow, but I have to be honest - the last two 28" A2A, 6" BH bows have been fun to shoot and did not magnify any form issues at all. I really shot it well.

12-Nov-19
I don't disagree with you. I would have said the same thing until I shot the Triax and the VXR is a big step up from the Triax. To each his own.

12-Nov-19
No idea what the angle is - probably steep. My draw is not long (27) so I can shoot them just fine. If I had a 30" draw it would likely be a non-starter. It's perfect for tight stands and ground blinds. My Iowa buck required that I twist around the tree and If the bow was 30" I doubt I would have pulled it off.

12-Nov-19
And you won’t see Pro 3D shooters or top end indoor spot shooters in my heavily timbered elk woods with their babies.

I have never owned a Mathews bow, only shot them sparingly. But these have piqued my interest for sure.

12-Nov-19
Pat, I read your review I did not see where you mentioned anything about the valley or the back wall. Thanks

12-Nov-19
Oh, and I have 3 blood trail challenges filmed. First one will run in December.

12-Nov-19
That 28" bow has a max DL of 30". I think the other one that was 31.5" had a 31" DL. With long arms, I'd have some wall issues with that 28" bow.

12-Nov-19
I have an honest 31.5" draw. The VXR may very well be the best shooting bow ever produced...but not for guys with 31.5" draw lengths !!

12-Nov-19
Agreed. Definitely not for guys with long arms.

12-Nov-19
I have long arms but a shorter draw length. Many archers are using too long of a draw length....they`re using their ear as an anchor point....

12-Nov-19
You got that right JTV, I personally know guys that practice with 100gr field point then they go out and hunt with 125gr broadheads

12-Nov-19
27” draw here. Would like to see some longer shots, these short ata bows are good 40 and under. Out past 40 Idkno. Hard to beat my prime! What’s the price tag on these?

12-Nov-19
I’ve used Mathews for quite a few years. They made good bows and I suppose still, do, so. But I have zero interest in a 28” ATA bow. I just bought a 34” ATA, but a different brand.

13-Nov-19
27 inch draw here as well. Pat the shoulder bug bit me so I am down to the 50 lb Triax and the jerky tastes the same as from the 32 inch Switchback. In fact no one complained about the jerky in St. Louis at the Pope and Young meet and greet!

13-Nov-19
I’d hate to be the guy to shoot a WR with a 28” ATA and have Pope and young scorers laugh me out of the room.

Truth be told the shortest bow I’ve shot is 32” so I couldn’t tell you how I like them.

13-Nov-19
What’s the price?.......

13-Nov-19
The 31.5” VXR has a longer riser than the 35” Halon. (Past parallel limbs)

Different geometry and bridge design (rigid) quiet.

So since the aiming steadiness comes from riser length. Not ATA length. We need to rethink old standard beliefs.

13-Nov-19
Retail Price is $1000 for 28” and $1100 for the 31.5” In a few months it should be $850.

14-Nov-19
Soooo cute. And they kept it under 5 pounds. (At least on paper) LMAO! ;-)

14-Nov-19
Yeah. Unfortunately Long risers add weight

Long risers are where the accuracy comes from. Not long ATA.

So as they shrink the overall length with parallel and past parallel limbs.

The weight goes up. But so does forgiveness.

Short risers with longer limbs are lighter. And have longer ATA. But are not as accurate or forgiving.

Nothing is free in engineering

14-Nov-19
Finally, the only bow company out there has spoken. With field leading innovation and design, it leaves its competition in the dust. A real bow. For real men.

14-Nov-19
It always amazes me that someone will complain how heavy a certain bow is but when you check the weight of their favorite bow brand it is only a few ounces lighter! That same person will then stick on a 12" stabilizer on the front and a 8" side bar stabilizer, a all metal slider sight and a 6 arrow quiver on the bow!

15-Nov-19
How do you measure whether a bow holds better?

15-Nov-19
Personally I like a heavier bow and I like several Mathews bows.. Yes, I put on an extended slider, heavy stabilizer and a quiver full of arrows. The great thing about this country is we have so many choices. I think if we all had shoot the exact same thing it would be pretty boring...plus Bigwoodshunter would have to shoot the same "junk" I do and really have no reason to be so degrading towards my choices.

15-Nov-19
Chasewild, it is measured by your personal hair covered computer (assuming it is hair covered, some are solar powered).

15-Nov-19
Bird,

If we all had to shoot Hoyts there WOULD be nothing to complain about;-)

15-Nov-19
HW, I'd try or shoot a Hoyt and several others anytime. I've just had good experiences with most of my Mathews bows and haven't had a reason to switch. Was even thinking about a Hoyt because I was looking to increase my poundage to 80....but might settle for 75 and stick with Mathews.

I have no problem telling anyone that I personally like Mathews, but I have no reason to bash every other brand as some like to do. Not pointing at you HW, just the ones that declare everything they don't personally like to then be junk.

15-Nov-19
Bird,

I am actually kidding around. These bow threads are like the baiting threads. Two two Matthew bows I owned were excellent. To each their own.

15-Nov-19
Bird,

I am actually kidding around. These bow threads are like the baiting threads. Two two Matthew bows I owned were excellent. To each their own.

15-Nov-19
Good evening everyone. I just got my Mathews Avail in and was wondering what you all thought of it. I have a short drawling of 24.5" so I am very limited. I could have bought a Triax but the dealer said I will not be happy taking a Triax down to 24.5" and would loose a lot of speed. He went on to say the Avail is already set up for a shorter draw length . I went to another Mathews shop and the owner got me set up with a Triax to try out. My bow shot my arrows at 232 and 228 fps. with 2 different arrows @ 59 lbs. My bow is a Mission Endeavor and had original string. The Triax with same arrows @ 55 lbs / 25" draw was only 6 fps faster. Although, it was 4 lbs less pull weight , it was 1/2" longer draw. I was very disappointed in the Triax to say the least and felt bad that I walked out without a new bow order. I went back to the other dealer that recommended a Mathews Avail . Do you think the Avail will be a faster and better bow?

15-Nov-19
Give it a few months of shooting daily before the limbs crack or delaminates. Past parallel limbs are junk

15-Nov-19
That’s why they make Fords and Chevys, and .......(gulp) ....Dodges.

15-Nov-19
Bigwoodshunter. Why don’t you just go on every thread and post that everybody is stupid. Save yourself some time and others the trouble of reading your nonsense.

16-Nov-19
Mathews is the only bow company. Only. No other deserves the recognition. None. They are all junk except Mathews. Real men shoot ‘em. The rest are transgenders or, at least gender confused. That’s why Mathews are so fast. They don’t want the rest to catch them even if they could. Be a man men. Shoot the only mans bow out there.

16-Nov-19
As far as speed, PSE blows Mathews away. As far as being a man, don't let any fanboys tell you what to shoot.

16-Nov-19
Lol Justin.

16-Nov-19
I’m trying Frank. :*)

16-Nov-19
I know. Hope your season is going well.

16-Nov-19
I don’t think any bow blows away any other bow these days. Decide your performance priorities and buy accordingly. NO bow has it all.

16-Nov-19
With a name like Mountaineer, I personally expect nothing but great things from that bow. Only problem is, Mathews bows last year were the only ones shooting their claimed IBO speeds aCcording to independent testing on the internet. So, I’m guessing that is going to be the case this year. No matter how bad that chaps some.

I’ve been joking around this whole thread. But, that last paragraph was serious. :^)

16-Nov-19
I have a triax. Thing shoots great best bow in my measly 30 years hunting. Told myself I'd hate short ax to ax. I was wrong.

Just sayn

16-Nov-19
From what I can tell the VXR riser is longer than the Traverse. String angle won't be that much different. Looks like a solid offering to me.

16-Nov-19
Justin,

You are correct...real men shoot Matthews.

Semi-gods shoot Hoyt.

:-)

18-Nov-19
Shot the 31.5 VXR this weekend. The store had just gotten it in and threw on a whisker biscuit and a string loop. I'm not looking for a new bow but I was really impressed. Really hope they don't have it fully set up and tuned the next time I stop by....lol. Of course if I wait a month it will be delaminating and ready for the trash can, right bigwood?

18-Nov-19
Absolutely. Mathews is over advertised, why the bows are so much. Buy a prime n you’ll never go back

• Sitka Gear