SDHNTR(home) 13-Nov-19
wildwilderness 13-Nov-19
thedude 13-Nov-19
SDHNTR(home) 13-Nov-19
Capra 15-Nov-19
SDHNTR(home) 15-Nov-19
muskeg 15-Nov-19
13-Nov-19
I looked all through the AK regs and couldn't find the answer... How many guys can I put on an AK Spring bear party application? Thanks.

13-Nov-19
Id call fish and game. They are usually quite helpful. Why reduce your odds over applying separate?

13-Nov-19
^^^ Because if one draws, you all draw.

From the AFG site -

"A hunter may apply individually OR two (2) hunters desiring to hunt together may apply as a party. For a party application, both hunters apply on the same application and, if drawn, both hunters will receive permits. However, if either hunter is ineligible for any reason, the entire application is invalid, and neither hunter will be entered into the drawing."

13-Nov-19

cnelk's Link
See link for the 2020/2021 AFG Drawing Permit Hunt Supplement

13-Nov-19
wow, only 2. There went my idea of booking a group boat hunt. That's too bad.

Thanks cnelk, I looked all though the exact booklet you posted, but couldn't find the language.

thedude, I'm not sure how or why you think a party app would reduce odds.

13-Nov-19
Party apps reduce the odds in that the overall all chance someone will draw is less. Basically both of you have 1 app in vs 2 apps individually. Also if it comes down to the last tag in the draw and your party draws- it will be passed over since there aren't two tags left.

13-Nov-19
What wilderness said.

13-Nov-19
I hear ya and I suppose point one might make some sense if it was a really cool hunt where I just wanted to go along for the experience if my buddy drew, or vice versa. That’s not the case here. And point two I could understand on a super limited hunt where there are very few tags drawn. Again, moot point in this case.

15-Nov-19
If you are hunting with a " GUIDE " not a " Transporter " then they should have the permits for you outside of the draw.

15-Nov-19
Prefer to no hunt guided.

Does anybody have any transporter suggestions for POW?

15-Nov-19
Nate … a Guide can conduct Transport hunts. Some do when they can fit it into their schedule.

I PM'd you a list of Island Transporters.

There are also B&B type lodgings that also offer a small boat with the rental as well as a few small boats rentals around the Island.

In this years draw they took away a most of the SE required draw areas. Those areas went back to over the counter type hunts. POW Island as well as Kuiu & Kupreanof & unit 1-C south remained draw hunts .. and a few hunts in the N area.

• Sitka Gear