mattandersen 14-Nov-19
Grubby 14-Nov-19
kscowboy 14-Nov-19
NoWiser 14-Nov-19
carcus 14-Nov-19
Heat 14-Nov-19
DoeFever 14-Nov-19
13-Nov-19
While in the Stand my buddy Al chews Red Man.... He tells me it “lures the donkeys in” anyone else have experience with spitting Red man on the ground below their stand? He just shot a 157” whitetail so I’m thinking he might be correct.

13-Nov-19
Don't know about tobacco as an attractant but I do know 1st hand penned elk love it. Snuff too.

13-Nov-19
Although I personally never seen it and don't know what to believe on the subject, dude I know swears deer will lick his chew spit...

13-Nov-19
I hunt Illinois with a group of 5 other guys and they are always getting busted and I hardly ever get winded. They swear it's the Copenhagen I chew, because I'm they only one that dips in the group. I'm not sure if there's anything to it. Lol

13-Nov-19
I use Grizzly snuff. I’ve never, ever had a deer shy away from it and I know they had to smell it at times. If I’m in my bow blinds I do use an empty water bottle though, just because of less movement.

13-Nov-19
it's basically tobacco leaf soaked in molasses so if the sugar & molasses & tobacco smell overwhelms the human saliva it's spit with I guess anything is possible

13-Nov-19
I've spit red man on deer, squirrels, armadillos and possums. I kill a bunch of stuff with red man spit around my tree too.

13-Nov-19
I’ve never had good luck hunting, after chewing any tobacco. I think it’s the smell of vomit that spooks them. Hard to shoot when holding onto the tree with both hands to stop the spinning as well.

13-Nov-19

Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
I’ve gotten the most pics of deer by making a mock scrape, peeing in it, and spitting tobacco on the branch.

13-Nov-19
Been eatin' Copenhagen for 30yrs...all I know is that chicks don't dig it

Hawkarcher, that's a great pic!

13-Nov-19
I used to carry a spit bottle to the stand. Until Barry Wensel said something to the effect that deer can’t differentiate between saliva from a human or deer.

I’ve been tempted on multiple occasions to test that theory by chewing on the overhanging licking branch on scrapes where I have cameras.

Now I just spit on the ground under the stand. I don’t know that it has any effect.

But I’m also of the opinion that if the deer can smell that, they can smell me anyways.

13-Nov-19
In BC we call it "lip shit". Ungulates and ruminants seem to like at least the mint flavoured stuff.

13-Nov-19
I've watched elk chew discarded plugs back when I was young and dumb.

On another note, earlier this year I watched a muley doe eating toilet paper from someone else's fresh poo pile by a campsite. She came out of the brush with half a dozen stained squares hanging down from her mouth as she was chewing it. Just an FYI for those who still cling to myths...

14-Nov-19
so what if it did it would still not be a good idea for the hunter. There are healthier and safer ways to attract deer and save your oral health.

14-Nov-19
It sure attracts the ladies !

I’m with Troy, I’d be spinning then puking

14-Nov-19
I know for fact that deer like Cope Wintergreen Long Cut. Back in my dipping days, I routinely had deer come to and lick the area that I'd spit on from the tree.

Matt

14-Nov-19
I’ve dipped snuff for 30 years on and off. I’ve had deer react like described. Come right in and lick spit spot or, grab a discarded lump of snuff and eat it. Then, I’ve had deer steel it from a short distance and turn inside out. So, if bow hunting an older deer, I spit in a bottle. When hunting a place for just once or with a rifle, I spit on the ground

14-Nov-19
I have been chewing cope mint for years. Used to spit in a bottle but the last few years just spit on the ground and it doesn't ever seem to spook deer. Peeing or even the occasional emergency poop doesn't seem to spook them either. I make mock scrapes or just pee in existing scrapes with great success as well.

14-Nov-19
Does tink still make doe in estrous dip? It went pretty well with the camp tooth paste

14-Nov-19

kscowboy's embedded Photo
kscowboy's embedded Photo
Reminds me of this meme. Mods, remove it too inappropriate, please.

14-Nov-19
I'm not sure about deer, but in high school I almost got charged with baiting ducks due to Redman and a very unfortunate burp while setting decoys. Probably would have if corn on the cob had still been in season. If I was a deer I'd choose Skoal Original. I only allow myself one tin a year and that's in Canada fishing so I haven't been able to test that theory.

14-Nov-19
Bears don't mind it, too cold to chew in the deer stand

14-Nov-19

Heat's Link
I've spit Copenhagen on the ground and had bull elk walk right over it.

Some of you buttercups need to man up, LOL! See the link for a little pep talk from "the Body".

14-Nov-19
Jaquomo she likely found some corn

• Sitka Gear