SixLomaz 14-Nov-19
SixLomaz 14-Nov-19
Notme 14-Nov-19
SixLomaz 14-Nov-19
14-Nov-19
4:55 AM LIVE from Ct*

SixLomaz's MOBILE embedded Photo
SixLomaz's MOBILE embedded Photo

Early visitor walked by. I am on my way to the hunt site. No wind but still low temp at 16F.

14-Nov-19
Getem Bud GL!!!!..at least the wind settled down

14-Nov-19
Good luck and safe hunt!

14-Nov-19
GL

14-Nov-19
Good luck man perfect out there this morning

14-Nov-19
Perfect morning I had a fox come by already

14-Nov-19
Good Luck! R u hunting that buck only???

14-Nov-19
Good luck-they’re moving this morning; 3 pair of does so far.

14-Nov-19
Buck only for me there is a big one here but he has only shown at night so far

14-Nov-19
3 more does just came through; total is. variable depending who’s counting method I use lol.....

14-Nov-19

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
She went West. The wind is not the cause for rush.
She went West. The wind is not the cause for rush.
I had a doe just trot by at 15 yards. No stop and I do not know what pushed her in a hurry east to west. No wind is good.

14-Nov-19
And it’s on! 6pt just chased 3 does!!

14-Nov-19
GL Six and all, I just couldn't crawl out of bed this morning. Hopefully an afternoon hunt after a couple service calls.

14-Nov-19
Gl all out there today .

14-Nov-19
To all hunting be safe and enjoy

14-Nov-19
What country are you in Mike and Six? I'm in New London county, haven't seen a doe since October. Its weird.

14-Nov-19
Lotta guys out today.GL all!!!!

14-Nov-19
I am in USA. Usually the does go from New London to New Haven during rut for the annual Dr. Williams / WB counting festival benefit.

I am in Soutbury CT.

14-Nov-19
Litchfield County; finally got a lull! First group of does came in at 6:15, no -stop movement until 10 minutes ago. Looking like an all-day sit...

14-Nov-19
Good luck Six and Mike - have fun out there guys!

14-Nov-19
All done for me till latter only a fox good luck guys

14-Nov-19
Lots of does being passed on this week.

Shush them in my direction, my freezer is empty.

Good luck.

14-Nov-19
Good guys, I'll be out there tomorrow.

14-Nov-19
Toonces, I've been passing on a lot of does, they be my bait..after this weekend I'm not so sure.I'm hungry..lol

14-Nov-19
Good LUCK.

14-Nov-19
Wind direction changed. I am on the ground now. It was nice and warm until clouds came in.

14-Nov-19
Called it a day as I will be leaving for a week of whitetail hunting in IL. Saw a LOT of does and 4 bucks; 1 little 6, a good size 6pt, a 7pt and a small 8 pt. Filmed a few of the bucks chasing but my phone doesn't want to cooperate and email me the videos so I can share them. If I figure it out I'll post them.

Good luck all!

14-Nov-19
I'm back out, 20 feet up calm and quiet. This time of year do you guys use the doe can, grunt calls, doe estrus bleats or those estrus strips you hang on branches?

14-Nov-19
I am out again too I use a grunt horns and the can

14-Nov-19
Just had a huge 6 point come by, finally a deer and I tried grunt and bleat even a snort wheeze, he just kept walking.

14-Nov-19
You by work steve

14-Nov-19
Well it is over. 20 minutes before the sunset came with a bang when a big 8 point buck popped from my left in front of me at 97 yards. Aware of its surroundings while chewing the grass, the buck did not spend more than 10 minutes out in the open. While I was frantically weighing in my approach options the buck decided to head on a steady trot towards the nearest woods line, about 70 yards from me to my right. I took advantage that at some point his head disappeared behind the terrain contour and I moved to the right to intercept. He managed to get to the tree line first and stepped quickly into the woods without noticing my puzzled expression. I stopped and listened to the sound of his hooves raking dry leaves. Aha, he is busy. I softly stepped into the woods searching for him and I noticed a mound which should give me the elevation I needed. As soon as I hopped on that mound he moved from my left in front of me then he stopped abruptly between two trees in a broadside position. The head was covered completely but the vitals were wide open. I measured the distance to be 38 yards and prepared for the shot. In the same time he turned 90 degrees now facing me, searching for the movement he caught when I stepped on the mound. He bobbed his head up/down then left/right, and as a wise old buck he decided that is not safe to be there. Then he turned another 90 degrees ready to head back where he came from. I took the shot while he was still but he reacted quicker than my arrow which landed in a tree behind the buck. The perfect shot, broadside, but the deer was alert and I missed the 8 point buck at 40 yards. This is the second time I miss on the same buck, first at 15 yards with a trad bow and now at 40 yards with compound. To add a cherry on top of my evening hunt, on my way out I bumped at least 11 does, feeding in the field, after getting from 200+ yards close to 47 yards, slowly walking towards them bent at waist and flashing my palms next to my ears once in a while. It was too dark for a shot anyway but it was a good stalking exercise.

14-Nov-19

8 point buck
8 point buck
It is a buck

14-Nov-19
Was it fun..lo

14-Nov-19
Very much so Notme. I could not stop shaking for 5 minutes after he showed up. I had to do some breathing exercises down on my knees to get control of myself. Fun to the maximum even without a kill. I had a blessed day thank God.

• Sitka Gear