jstephens61 14-Nov-19
yeager 14-Nov-19
Lee 14-Nov-19
Rupe 14-Nov-19
RIT 15-Nov-19
TENPOINT 17-Nov-19
Franklin 17-Nov-19
14-Nov-19
What’s everyone seeing ? I’m in Edgar county an it’s slow .

14-Nov-19
Go to your "state board" and start a thread there....hopefully you could get guys input. The Illinois board is pretty lame though....we have a great board in Wisc. and have daily updates from all over the state.

Maybe you could start something up....good luck.

14-Nov-19
I’m 80 miles south of you. It’s been a really slow rut. Very little chasing around here. My buddy in Clark county 30 miles south of you is also slow

14-Nov-19
Hit or miss seems like. I’m hoping it warming up today a bit will help movement.

Lee

14-Nov-19
I've not heard that theory before. Best day of the "rut" so far for me was Monday in that near blizzard we had. Otherwise, yes the rut has been slow here.

14-Nov-19
Slow in NW corner of state

14-Nov-19
Buddy in Southern Illinois this week. Said it has been decent there, with a couple big bucks shot. He hasn't had any luck on his target deer though.

14-Nov-19
Warm up is relative - 35 is warm compared to 5!

14-Nov-19
Heck ya it’s slow! It’s colder than a well diggers butt around here! Was 6 yesterday morning and 26 this morning, heat wave. Things should pick up a little more next week, then you’ll have the orange army to contend with starting Friday.

14-Nov-19
I live in northern Illinois, McHenry County, and it’s been slow here so far. Only saw a spike this afternoon.

14-Nov-19
Much better this eve - saw quite a bit of activity.

Lee

14-Nov-19
I’m in Iowa and have hunted 8 solid days dark to dark and have seen 2 shooters. I should be seeing that many each day.

15-Nov-19
It’s all relative. If you have hot does and mature bucks you will say the rut is on. If you don’t you will call it slow.

17-Nov-19
Just returned home from SE illinois 14 days in the field lots of small bucks chasing, last few days big ones started coming out of hiding should be on week prior to gun season !

17-Nov-19
I just finished with 24 straight days in SW Wisc. and everyone is reporting a really strange rut this year. Big bucks were on their feet as early as 10/26 and just plugged along. No real intense action just a long drawn out "trickle rut".

Taxidermists I spoke with in Illinois have said it`s been a good year so far.

• Sitka Gear