Fulldraw 15-Nov-19
Bigwoodshunter 15-Nov-19
Candor 16-Nov-19
kota-man 16-Nov-19
Candor 16-Nov-19
Trial153 17-Nov-19
WV Mountaineer 17-Nov-19
14-Nov-19
The stratus or fanatic, can only afford 1 right now due to kids. Lol, having a hard time deciding. Usually a lone wolf climber guy, want to be warm but don’t want bulk, bowhunt strictly

14-Nov-19
Stratus if you had to have one as more versatile but the fanatic is an incredible piece. Tough call.

14-Nov-19
What are the temps?

14-Nov-19
Don’t want to have to carry in an entire set ontop of climber

14-Nov-19
Depends on temps you normally hunt in. For me, 25 degrees is the threshold where I switch between the two lines.

14-Nov-19
That’s about where I am hunting. Currently 25, hunt early sept as well

14-Nov-19
I switch at about 40 degrees. You can fix that by layering up with the Stratus, but I love the Fanatic with a Fanatic Hoodie and a Pnuma Heated vest underneath.

14-Nov-19
I like an athletic fit more then a bigger fluffy style

14-Nov-19

Busta'Ribs's Link
So if most of your hunts are above 25F I'd choose the Stratus and layer your insulation based on temp. I'd also suggest you look at the Celsius Jacket. My go to for stand hunting above 25 degrees is two insulating layers (one lightweight and one heavy) under the Stratus pants and Celsius Jacket. And I'll carry a vest in case I need add'l insulation on stand. But if most of your hunting is in sub 25 degrees, I'd consider the Fanatic. Disclaimer: I have a fair amount of "natural" insulation to begin with.

14-Nov-19
Thanks guys, was thinking stratus, lightweight next to skin, heavy weight, fanatic hoody stratus bibs n coat and fanatic vest.

14-Nov-19
Is all Sitka line priced regardledd of retailer or are there places to get deals. Seems like price the same wherever it is sold

14-Nov-19
Sitka has strict MAP policies for their dealers, hence very little difference in pricing. Sometimes Sitka allows off-MAP sales around holidays or for discontinued items or prior to next year's gear being released. Camofire is generally where it's blown out, but often sizes are extremely limited and high-demand sizes sell out fast.

14-Nov-19
The deals usually come at the end of the year (After season) places like Scheels have large discounts on their remaining Sitka gear. Camo Fire sells Sitka stuff throughout the year at discounts as well, usually last years stuff. I just purchased a Sitka Heavy weight zip T - yesterday off Camofire.

14-Nov-19
Big,

Not what you asked but I agree with Busta. I had my Sitka Stratus bibs on, with the Celsius jacket. I used a Cabela's ECWS polar base with one light sweatshirt and was comfortable at 27 degrees with a ten mile an hour wind. I had the jacket off while I hung an XOP with sticks.

Shot a decent buck so I can say it really performed well. I don't like too much bulk up top that might interfere with shooting or cause noise from slapping. GL.

14-Nov-19
The Celsius under the stratus is a good set up. I sat in 20 degrees like that and was just as comfortable as if I had my fanatic on.

This year I have been wearing a timberline hoodie with a north face fleece quarter zip under my stratus. I can handle mid 30’s and no wind with that alone.

14-Nov-19
I must be a whimp...I sat tonight...it was 40 when I climbed in the stand, dropped a little bit towards dark. I was wearing a Tee, Pnuma Heated Vest, Fanatic Hoodie and Fanatic. I turned the vest on halfway through the sit. If it’s below 25, I’m wearing my Incinerator.

15-Nov-19
Thanks guys stratus it is!

15-Nov-19
When is the last time you were too warm on a sit? I'd go Fanatic. When it's warmer than that you don't need any "performance" clothing to stay warm.

15-Nov-19
Scoot...I concur.

15-Nov-19

Les Van Pelt 's embedded Photo
Les Van Pelt 's embedded Photo
Was just out with my fanatic set and my climber. Mid 30s, thermal top and bottom, tiburon pants, penelton hoodie. Fanatic set stayed in my decoy bag until in got to my tree. Count me in the kota camp.

15-Nov-19
I just bought the fanatic bibs and coat. Where them in the mornings, not needed in afternoons right now...best money I’ve EVER spent on hunting cloths...now need to solve the feet issue. ??

15-Nov-19
Went with the stratus. Better fit for me.

16-Nov-19
Kota - are you pleased with the Pnuma vest? How much of a hassle is it changing the setting on it while you are dressed/on stand?

16-Nov-19
I LOVE the Pnuma Vest. Wear it all the time this time of year. I wear it over a T, under the Fanatic hoodie with the Fanatic over that. Easy to reach in and change settings, but I just usually turn it on and leave it on medium.

16-Nov-19
Thank you. I have a Gerbing vest but it is an outer layer which doesn't make much sense. Wish I had it a couple weeks ago when I was out your way. 12 degrees pre-wind chill in October is ridiculous.... I will have a Pnuma next time.

17-Nov-19
Michael, going to go get the Stratus to go over my Celcius. Can hang the stand with just the Celsius, put on the Stratus before climbing up.

Do I need on size bigger to go over the Celsius? Thanks.

17-Nov-19
Michael, going to go get the Stratus to go over my Celcius. Can hang the stand with just the Celsius, put on the Stratus before climbing up.

Do I need on size bigger to go over the Celsius? Thanks.

17-Nov-19
Looking forward to the new whitetail gloves

17-Nov-19
How does the sitka whitetail stuff measure up against the whitetail line nomad has? Being serious too.

17-Nov-19
Justin,

I cannot say, but I like it much better than my Cabela's Instinct. Sitka is not only warm, but very quiet. It also does not bunch up. I am convinced it is worth it.

• Sitka Gear