Rut Nut 21-Nov-19
Jaquomo 21-Nov-19
Duke 21-Nov-19
Rut Nut 21-Nov-19
Jaquomo 21-Nov-19
Rut Nut 21-Nov-19
Fuzzy 21-Nov-19
14-Nov-19
My buddy has been powdering deer milk for years, uses it for coffee creamer. Wont even shoot bucks now cuz he just wants a full milk bag. Thoughts?

14-Nov-19
That out of the bag thinking for sure!!!

Prime candidate for TBM award of the year.

14-Nov-19
Are you asking for friend?

14-Nov-19
Bucks have milk too if you're brave enough.

14-Nov-19
"I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?"

14-Nov-19
Personally never tried it, just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. Buddy honestly asks me every time I shoot a doe if her bag was full.

14-Nov-19
Nice Succession reference Brotsky

14-Nov-19
Nice Succession reference Brotsky

14-Nov-19
That just ain’t right

14-Nov-19
I tried some milk from a pronghorn this year when butchering her up, I'll probably stick to half n half for my coffee.

14-Nov-19
But really. Who first saw an udder and said “ I’m gonna go suck on that and see what comes out.”

14-Nov-19
weird

14-Nov-19
Ambush, what I am scared to know is who is the person who manipulated the appendage hanging under a bull in order to figure out that something entirely different came out?!?!

14-Nov-19
Weird is right. Who puts sugar and/or creamer in their coffee?

That’s just metrosexual.

14-Nov-19
Sounds like a hard no from most. But what makes deer milk weirder than goat or cow milk?

14-Nov-19
I see your point. If I am completely honest with myself I guess I am kind of like the tree hugger that is fine with buying his meat at that store but killing it himself is disturbing. None the less deer milk not on my must try list.

14-Nov-19
Why are you shooting does who are lactating would be the first question I would ask. If shes bagged up she has at least one fawn that is nursing and maybe two or three. If the fawns had been weaned already she would have dried up. Female mammals don't just go around with a bag full of coffee creamer without a reason. That reason is to give their offspring the nourishment they need to have an opportunity at survival. Real men take their coffee black.

14-Nov-19
1. Does can still have milk in them come fall... 2. Theres nothing unethical about taking a doe. In fact its needed in many areas. Herd control. 3. Im not on here to argue about how anyone likes their coffee or their sexuality. Just wanted to get an opinion on using a resource.

Using doe milk seems pretty ethical to me. Maybe its a bit taboo but at the end of the day milk is milk, no?

14-Nov-19
1. Does can still have milk in them come fall... 2. Theres nothing unethical about taking a doe. In fact its needed in many areas. Herd control. 3. Im not on here to argue about how anyone likes their coffee or their sexuality. Just wanted to get an opinion on using a resource.

Using doe milk seems pretty ethical to me. Maybe its a bit taboo but at the end of the day milk is milk, no?

14-Nov-19
I like my coffee as I like my women. Hot and from a gas station.

14-Nov-19
Carefull PECO, some of the ones working gas stations have filler hoses tucked back.

14-Nov-19
DoeFever it’s actually fairly common here in SD. I’m in the Hutterite colony here in SD and we actually look for does with bags and will actually pick up roadkill to get the extra milk when we can. Good post!

14-Nov-19
Weird thread of the year award!

14-Nov-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
I take my coffee black

14-Nov-19
And here I thought the butt out tool was weird........

14-Nov-19
I am not against taking Does or herd management. In the eighties I shot 26 Does in a row before taking a buck, none of them were bagged up where you could have milked them. When I do take a Doe I choose to take Does that do not appear to have fawns with them. Most fawns here in Michigan are weaned by Nov 15, the start of rifle season. Bow season here starts Oct 1 and you do encounter fawns that are still nursing and have visible spots occasionally. I do take my coffee black today but have taken it with cream or sugar or both at times. Good Day

14-Nov-19
That’s one way to get doe fever

14-Nov-19
Seems like a huge PIA for such a small amount. Curious what is his process?

14-Nov-19
I prefer my coffee Michelle Obama style......black and bitter.

14-Nov-19
I think I’m out on this one boys.....

14-Nov-19
Woodguy65 He consolidates from quite a few deer. I love bagging does, and if I get one where the bag is full I give what I can to him, as do others. He adds some sugar, brings to a boil then cools. Then he evaporates to get it into a powder. I suppose you could use it for baking purposes as well. Just to be clear I am a supplier not a consumer here fellas.

15-Nov-19
I really need to shut down Bowsite.

15-Nov-19
^ This made deer milk come out my nose

15-Nov-19
"I really need to shut down Bowsite."

Both one of the funniest and scariest comments ever made on Bowsite!

Can you imagine the increase in work day productivity across the country? Or would it possibly cause a decrease due to depression and lack of reason to show up to work? I don't think you can risk it Pat, no shut downs allowed. Pour another cup of coffee and drink it how ya like it....but keep that info to yourself lol.

15-Nov-19
With the community forum sinking ever deeper into the depths of history now this threat. What’s next, end of life as we know it???

15-Nov-19
Um,, no and no

15-Nov-19
Mr. Lefemine, that was funny, thanks.

15-Nov-19
I like to hear that some people utilize more than just the prime cuts. I just watched Rinella eat the raw fat from a caribous eye socket last week . Said it tastes like bread dough.

15-Nov-19
I always like it when my wife has a full bag. That said, what real man doesn’t drink his coffee black? ;)

15-Nov-19
This is clearly next level stuff... On that note, I will continue to drink my coffee as black as night! Good luck to all you dairy dudes.

15-Nov-19
...wait... what?... weird.

15-Nov-19
I'm with Pat on this one

15-Nov-19
Still think ya don't need the Community Forum Pat?

15-Nov-19
I milked a squirrel once.

But by the time I got all the bandaids on my fingers, the tiny bit I had evaporated :(

15-Nov-19
"In the eighties I shot 26 Does in a row before taking a buck, none of them were bagged up where you could have milked them."

So you checked?

15-Nov-19
Does kinda put the annual manscaping thread into perspective.......

We always debone.... I don't recall ever checking on purpose. I mean, outside my own species.....

WRT "who discovered THAT!?"...... coon prick toothpick comes to mind......

15-Nov-19
I do remember when we were kids my cousin shot a doe late October and a girl I know was playing with the udder shooting milk everywhere. She was having a ball and had milk all over her face lol.

15-Nov-19
WTF is wrong with people

15-Nov-19
Hell Yeah APauls. Little milk never hurt no one!

15-Nov-19
Interesting idea. Unfortunately I’m still all stocked up from the last time my wife was breastfeeding. We just pumped extra. I like to think of it as “trad creamer”

15-Nov-19
Seriously... weird

15-Nov-19
M.Pauls, Did you consider making bar soap with the breast milk. Heard thats a new fad for these millennial mothers...

15-Nov-19
I tried a little bit from an antelope doe last year. Wasn’t bad for the first 10 seconds then things went sideways.

15-Nov-19
Did she kick you Wapiti?

15-Nov-19
This time of the year the higher butterfat content isn’t as much of the problem as is all the lumps from all that chasing and running during the rut and separation from the fawns causes a bit of a backup with in the system. So just squeeze harder if it’s not fluid.

15-Nov-19

itshot's Link
"I really need to shut down Bowsite. ".... hay, you're halfway there!

maybe the next clickbait troll will introduce a ct approved shoot-n-release deer milking method that this tight knit brotherhood can rally around

15-Nov-19
And I thought I was living on the fringe by making soap from the fat!

How much dehydrated milk could he possibly get from one doe? A teaspoon?

-Cheryl

15-Nov-19
I just threw up in my mouth!!! F NO!!!

15-Nov-19
Enough already

16-Nov-19
Shooting does that aren't dried up (still nursing) just isn't right.

16-Nov-19
"I really need to shut down Bowsite."

All I had to do was say I drank from the nip of my dead does???

Seriously...there MUST be a more appropriate place to post this stuff. I'm sure there is a place, deep on the dark web, where necroptic ungulate teat nursers put on their diapers and have at it with lactating dead animals.

Question....and please, if you're a dairy farmer or know one, answer this. In your morning rounds, you discover one of your heifers was obviously struck by lightning during the night, do you chain her up, drag her back to the milking barn, hook her up to the milking machine with all the live heifers.... or do you dump her down the ravine with the rest of the farm garbage after you call in the insurance claim?

16-Nov-19
A heifer does not produce milk since she has yet to have a calf which triggers milk production. Once a heifer has a calf it is referred to as a cow.

By definition a heifer: heif·er /?hef?r/ a young female cow that has not borne a calf.”

16-Nov-19
Thanks Hunt for the clarification. If I was a dairy farmer, I would have answered my own question.

16-Nov-19

LINK's Link
Jordan Shipley was a pioneer when it comes to milking wildlife.

16-Nov-19

LINK's Link
Melk and cookies?

16-Nov-19
It’s kinda like Cat Shit Coffee (yes there is such a thing) in that it’s a fad. If you can claim something as rare and exclusive even if by price alone, you’ll find an eager and foolish market.

Some will pay a very high price to have farmed and milked deer cream and claim they feel more invigorated and they’re being enviro conscious. A few at the top will poo-poo the wannabes as they can afford to indulge in the tiny supply of pure wild deer cream.

Then on to the next fad.

16-Nov-19
Lol I love that MELK stuff. First clue that Yeti has too much money lol

16-Nov-19
Technically ki-ke there is a “heifer” that produces milk. Before they calve it’s a heifer. After one calf it’s a first calf heifer. After their second calf they are a cow. Terminology varies by region but that is how we call them

Either way the dead animal is not milked!!!

16-Nov-19
Midwest, Having gutted and processed the 26 Does myself it would have been impossible not to notice a full utter with freshly suckled teats while slitting her belly open. I learned the difference between a full utter and a dry utter when I was five and my grandfather taught me to milk a cow not a heifer. GoodDay

16-Nov-19
I utterly wish this thread never happened.....

16-Nov-19
And how come you can say “teats” but you can’t say “tits”?

16-Nov-19
Grubby i think the picture you posted is the guy Brotsky was talking about

16-Nov-19
Damn.

3/4 of the memes and stuff I was gonna go with would have shut down this thread...... can't have that on my conscious..... Had a great one with a little kid and an Oreo I've been dyin' to find a spot to use....

This must live on...... has the potential of being another oppossimum thread....

16-Nov-19
TD, maybe you should start a “Favourite Hunting Memes” thread. We could really milk that one.

16-Nov-19
Those Jordan Shipley videos are funny. Almost believable considering he got his education at the Univ. of Texass.

16-Nov-19
Damn, just found out my wife is a cow not a heifer. She's not on here is she???

16-Nov-19
Ki-ke if you think this is an inappropriate place to discuss ethically harvested doe milk then you might be considered a “snowflake”. Perhaps your handle “ki-ke” might be offensive to all of us with surviving jewish roots.

17-Nov-19
Good communication DoeFever! Some people get too sensitive when it comes to ethical harvesting practices.

17-Nov-19
Harder_daddy - thank you for the feedback, my goal is to keep hunters informed of the best practices

17-Nov-19
Oh man, I working third shift and it's o'clock in the morning. I was really needing a good laugh and this post did it. Thanks

19-Nov-19
This thread has gone sour.

19-Nov-19
" We don't have a Cow, We have a BULL"!

19-Nov-19
So your lobbying for in person ungutted doe registration .....: so you can collect the udders and process hundreds of udders at a time thru Doefever udder presser to save ever drop of doe milk to make Doefever coffee creamer crystals.

Udderly Genius

19-Nov-19
I didn't think it was possible to make coffee sound worse than it already does, but

We have a winner, that sounds grose.

oz

19-Nov-19

19-Nov-19
"And how come you can say “teats” but you can’t say “tits”?"

I say "tits" all the time.

19-Nov-19
I wonder if it would go well with wolf meat?

19-Nov-19
Doefever, have you ever though about doing a podcast on this topic? I think I speak for everyone when I say this is a very interesting topic and could be the future of deer hunting! Maybe old Steve Rinella could invite you onto his podcast to speak on this topic?

20-Nov-19

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
When does this thread expire?

20-Nov-19
it expired 92 posts ago ............................

20-Nov-19
y'all are really milking this one

21-Nov-19
The thought of this is so disturbing I have a hard time even imagining..........

21-Nov-19
They could package it and put missing fawn pictures on it.

21-Nov-19
You would think if doe milk was that desirable, that people would just raise captive deer and milk them.

21-Nov-19
I have a related story from something I witnessed in a topless restaurant/bar in Fremont Nebraska, but pretty sure the post would get pulled.

21-Nov-19
"You would think if doe milk was that desirable, that people would just raise captive deer and milk them."

-Obviously you haven't heard about the Black Milk Market (BMM). It's out there and it's a reality that most don't even want acknowledge, let alone talk about.

21-Nov-19
Nope, never heard of it. What is it?

21-Nov-19
Rut Nut, its for "alternative"milk. Pretty much any milk which can be collected that isn't from a cow or goat. Tennis star Djokovic bought up the entire planet's years supply of Serbian donkey cheese as an investment. Sells for as much as $500 a pound. They make cat cheese, dog milk, yak milk, maybe even from mice since they nurse too.

Some weird-ass people in this world, but you knew that...

21-Nov-19
Thanks Jaq- had no idea. Hey, whatever "floats yer boat!" ;-)

LIke my momma always says...............................................the world would be a pretty boring place if everybody was the same! : )

21-Nov-19
Jacquomo you can always PM those interested. I am. Very. \

• Sitka Gear