Abndoc 25-Dec-19
Moons22 25-Dec-19
huntinelk 25-Dec-19
JB 25-Dec-19
Ironbow-cell 25-Dec-19
GF 25-Dec-19
Shuteye 25-Dec-19
14-Nov-19
Anyone else seeing some abnormally big Does this year? Ive been lucky enough to get a couple nice ones, tons of fat on them up here in Northern MN. They did say it was gonna be a cold winter, deer must know it.

14-Nov-19

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
there's a farm I hunt that has a lot of does & some of them long nosed smart old gals that seem to have esp sometimes

14-Nov-19

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

14-Nov-19
Those northern deer make ours look like bambi.

14-Nov-19
Wow these are some beautiful Does. Love me some big girls. Thanks for sharing everyone. Cant wait to get back out there and get one for myself. I feel like a buck in rut!!! Doe Fever!

15-Nov-19
My nephew shot one a couple weeks ago that was 171# field dressed.We have some big ones and does have been protected in our area(gun season) for five years.We can only shoot them in archery or late muzzle-loader.We have way too many does in our area right now.

15-Nov-19
It's always a cold winter in Minnesota. There isn't a chance in heck that a deer isn't gonna eat all the nutrients it can prior to the winter. It's not like they eat according to what they think the winter is going to be like. They eat all they can every year and then try to survive. Some deer will have a lot of fat, some will be a little short. Some will die, some won't.

15-Nov-19
No offense wildan but I think I'd have to see the doe and the scale it was weighed on. 171# FD would put live weight ~215#. Generally you have to get into 3.5 YO or older bucks to reach that status in NY or PA. I've killed a boat load of does in said states over 60 years and the largest was 125# FD. Not saying that there aren't heavier out there but, again, I gotta see the deer and the scale.

15-Nov-19
Idk APauls I think these big ladies might have a sixth sense

15-Nov-19
cornpone. look at the pic I posted & compare the does head to the 5 gallon bucket beside it I didn't weight the deer but guessed her at 150# dressed

15-Nov-19
Cornpone ..... I killed one that went #170 field dressed. Weighed at the butchers. Bow kill in the U.P. of Michigan......

15-Nov-19

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Here's a fat, upstate New York corn-fed, soybean fed, apple eating mature doe.

15-Nov-19

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
Here’s a big one from Pa.

15-Nov-19

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
A MN girl.

17-Nov-19
Well, I guess there are some "freakishly" big ones out there, but I'm running out of time to bag one!!

17-Nov-19
Yes, I’ve seen some very big ones this year in south central Indiana. I know my buck had a lot of fat, but that was a few weeks (10/10)before the rut so I would expect that. I haven’t taken a doe yet.

17-Nov-19
My grandson got one last night and he looks like a midget next to it hanging.

18-Nov-19

mattandersen's embedded Photo
mattandersen's embedded Photo
Big ole farm fed doe I shot opening day in PA didn't get a scale on her but she's a healthy ole girl!

25-Dec-19

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
Late season doe in the snow. Had 14 coming in with 5 less than 20 yards away. It’s fun to get by that many sets of eyes.

25-Dec-19
I've seen does that dressed out about 130# here in Mass. Have 'heard of' a few bigger being taken. There's a biological 'rule' that states that as you go north/colder animals get bigger. Also there are different subspecies that vary in weight/size. The 'dacotensis' are monsters.

https://www.whitetailsunlimited.com/i/p/bk_distribution.pdf

25-Dec-19

Abndoc's embedded Photo
Abndoc's embedded Photo
We have some tanks running around this year in cen. MN..took this big girl in early Nov.

25-Dec-19
Anybody know what the heaviest doe ever killed weighed?

25-Dec-19

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
We get some big smart ones around here. My son shot this one last year, we didn't do anything fancy with camera angles and he is holding the head, so no long arming...didn't weigh her, but she was big.

25-Dec-19
Nice does! Corey - I’m a bit south of you and agree that MN puts out some good ones.

Moons22 - I don’t know the heaviest, but one of our crew shot one years ago that dressed out at 197. Was traveling with a buck that dressed out at 200. Both weighed on a scale.

25-Dec-19
163# is the heaviest I have ever weighed (field dressed). Biggest I have ever killed was #144. She looked huge compared to the "normal" doe that was with her.

25-Dec-19
I shot a button buck near Itasca that dressed out at #90. 2.5 YO bucks averaged about #185; one of the guys got a real Hoss that dried down for a week in temps close to zero and it still broke #230.

Dey grow up priddy gud up dere, eh?

25-Dec-19
The first doe I ever killed field dressed a tad over 160#. Back they they weighed every deer at the checking station. It was the first year you were allowed to kill a doe in Maryland and there were some huge ones. I have killed several in the 130# range. The one I killed this year that was probably close to 100# and she had two fawns. Very few huge does now since you can kill all you want. Does are mainly what I hunt and an old doe can be one of the toughest deer to kill since they have learned a lot over the years.

• Sitka Gear