sitO 17-Nov-19
SixLomaz 17-Nov-19
Trial153 17-Nov-19
LKH 17-Nov-19
Trad PA 18-Nov-19
APauls 18-Nov-19
spike78 18-Nov-19
16-Nov-19
I know this is a bow hunting site but I just need advice. Yesterday November 15th I shot a monster with a 20ga sabot slug. We aren't really sure where it hit but it is bleeding very good then clotting. The blood looks like mussel blood. How long tell it could die or die from septic.

16-Nov-19
So many variables........ Not enough info to go on from here. I'd call in a tracking dog. They are amazing to watch work.

16-Nov-19
I know this is a bow hunting site but I just need advice. Yesterday November 15th I shot a monster with a 20ga sabot slug. We aren't really sure where it hit but it is bleeding very good then clotting. The blood looks like mussel blood. How long tell it could die or die from septic.

16-Nov-19
If it’s bleeding bright red muscle blood, going septic isn’t a huge worry. As far as the rest of what you’ve asked, who knows. We weren’t there nor, did we see a blood trail in length to even have an opinion on when or if it will die.

16-Nov-19
If you have blood off and on but can't find it then I agree with Salty---tracking dog

17-Nov-19
Best tool for tracking is a coleman lantern and track it at night. The lantern makes the blood glow .

17-Nov-19
Best tool for tracking is a rage

17-Nov-19
Update?

17-Nov-19
Did it tumble into the septic tank?

17-Nov-19
Another troll ...

17-Nov-19
Zuppa De Mussel, Christmas eve

17-Nov-19
Bunch of ????? Hair at hit site? Did it start to bleed immediately and then a. taper off b. increase. Did it take a while for the blood to start?

Can you describe what you mean by bleeding pretty good?

Do you mean the blood is clotting on the ground or coming out clotted?

Was the shot broadside?

18-Nov-19
Hard to tell from the info but I agree a dog may be your best bet. A true muscle hit deer may be hard to find though because he may outlive the dog tracking him. You never know though, get out there.

18-Nov-19
You're tracking the wrong animal. Go back to the shot to where you find deer blood.

18-Nov-19
Rage off the cage

• Sitka Gear