Bowfreak 05-Feb-20
sticksender 05-Feb-20
Hoyt1998 05-Feb-20
Hoyt1998 05-Feb-20
Thisismyhandle 06-Feb-20
Ambush 06-Feb-20
Hoyt1998 07-Feb-20
17-Nov-19
What are the new changes? Are they improved?

17-Nov-19
Both are Hoyts, both r junk

17-Nov-19
^^^. You’re kinda juvenile aren’t you.

17-Nov-19
No I am actually a 62 yr old man. Iv has issues with everyone of my hours from the hoyt maxxis to the rx1 ultra

17-Nov-19
Bows

17-Nov-19
I don’t think it’s the bows.

17-Nov-19
I’m to understand that they changed the cams which now have an integrated stop verses the movable peg stop offering a more solid back wall. They have also added a dovetail mount for their ultra rest.

17-Nov-19
Because I said hoyt in my opinion was junk. Real men shoot Mathews, “ catch us if u can” I rather not hoyt a deer/elk I rather kill em

17-Nov-19
HUH^^^ ??

17-Nov-19
The man asked an honest question....he deserves an honest answer not biased opinions.

Are you considering purchasing a RX4 and have a 3 or are you looking to buy either or? IMO the 4 changes might not be enough to offset the deal you might get on a 3. If you have a 3 not sure the changes are big enough to warrant a jump up.

17-Nov-19
Hoyt = empty bank account for tiny bit of performance

17-Nov-19
Hey bigwood hunter, are you a Sagittarius? You seem very unhappy, like my ex-wife. Mathews is no better than any other bow, stop being such a fanboy. Go out and shoot some arrows, you'll feel better.

17-Nov-19
Peco, he posted in the Mathews releases short bows 2020 exactly opposite of his Mathews claims in this thread. Here it is word for word.

"Give it a few months of shooting daily before the limbs crack or delaminates. Past parallel limbs are junk"

He's just poking fun trying to rile a ew people up.

17-Nov-19

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
Think this elk was killed or just "hoyt"?

The stops are probably the biggest change as well as the shorter ATA of less than 30" on the one model. The Turbo looks like it still has the two round pegs. Most everything else is similar to the RX-1 and 3.

17-Nov-19
Bigwoodshunter, there is not a chance you are 62 years old. You would have been slapped to death WAY before you lived that long.

17-Nov-19
Wow, between Bigwoodsidiot and Elkman I may never buy another Hoyt...Not!

18-Nov-19
Hoyt em, not kill em. Jk guys I shoot a prime! Best bow maker so far

18-Nov-19
You Might need to get out of the “Big Woods” :^) of Massachusetts a little more.

18-Nov-19
No significant difference from last year to this year. I actually prefer the RX3 if I was choosing one of the two. Hopefully Hoyt will figure it out next year.

18-Nov-19
They felt similar but the 4 had a little better back wall with the wider stop

18-Nov-19
Why I stay away from forums like this anymore . Who needs the BS .

18-Nov-19
Why I stay away from forums like this anymore . Who needs the BS .

18-Nov-19
Bill Winke does a nice objective review on the Midwest Whitetail website. Seems to confirm what the guys above have said.

Scott

18-Nov-19
The changes are pretty minimal vs last year. DIfferent ATA's, dovetail rest mounting block on some models, and the turbo is almost universally said to shoot nicer than last year's model although no one seems to know why. That last factor is the only thing that will likely have me buying a new one. Shot one last night and it was whisper quiet.

18-Nov-19
"the turbo is almost universally said to shoot nicer than last year's model although no one seems to know why."

I can think of 1749 reasons why people say that

18-Nov-19
But if you shop around for best pricing might there only be 1653 reasons...?

18-Nov-19
Looking to up grade, have carbon element now, been shooting Hoyts since 1978 never had any problems with them. So looking to upgrade. Was thinking of RX4 or the AXius . Going to shoot other brands also.

18-Nov-19
Shoot them all. I’m in the market. Sold my prime centergy. So far I shot the prime black and the ct5 and preferred the ct5. Shoot as many as possible, including last years models. One is guaranteed to “speak” to you.

19-Nov-19
Some people like the RX1. I do not. Mine is loud and has a considerable amount of vibe. The RX3 is a considerable upgrade over the RX1 in my opinion. I feel the RX4 is a slight upgrade over the RX3. I have a lefty storm RX4 60# #3 cam on order.

I'm not sure what people expect, but the RX3 and RX4 are great platforms. Don't listen to all of the negative nabobs..shoot one and see what you think.

19-Nov-19
They are "great platforms"... With an antiquated cam system on them. Until Hoyt moves forward on their cam from the circa 2003 system they are running now, they will remain irrelevant and all of the other majors will be better options. Other manufacturers do still use that hybrid rotary mod system on their bows... On their kids/entry level bows! The new systems from PSE, Elite, Bowtech are FAAAAR easier, advanced, and forgiving to tune across a wide range of arrow spines and set ups for real broadhead tuning.

19-Nov-19
Geee-thanks for your input ELKMAN. Your copy and paste responses on EVERY post are original and informative.

19-Nov-19
Amazing that I keep killing deer/bear/turkey with my junky Hoyt bows.

19-Nov-19
To be clear: They are not junk. They are just behind and moving in the wrong direction right now. (And this year they didn't bother to move at all)

19-Nov-19
the only direction to move when your are already #1 is down so stationary is OK

19-Nov-19
Elkman's comments are the same. It doesn't matter if he's shilling for Hoyt or Bowtech, everyone else is second tier.

19-Nov-19
"Until Hoyt moves forward on their cam from the circa 2003 system they are running now, they will remain irrelevant and all of the other majors will be better options."

Do you have any idea how hyperbolic and stupid that comment comes off as?

19-Nov-19
"Do you have any idea how hyperbolic and stupid that comment comes off as?" Manufacturer Du Jouer. "unbiased opinions" .....not so much.

19-Nov-19
Opinions for sale to the highest bidder...

22-Nov-19
It's all '"true". You can hate all you want, but I speak truth. I shoot what ever is the best equipment. I choose what I shoot, no one else, and that will NEVER change. Period. I am actually saddened by the direction Hoyt has taken.

22-Nov-19
Elkman,

Were you not shooting Hoyt until recently? What took you so long to switch if they have not advanced since 2003?

22-Nov-19
I was kinda wondering the same thing.

22-Nov-19
It is "true" that one of the top 2 bow companies by revenue will be irrelevant? That is Trumpian.

22-Nov-19
Apparently even though Hoyt hadn't advanced since 2003, it took until last year for Bowtech to finally surpass them, thus Bowtech is now the bar upon which everything else is to be measured. Thus sayeth the lord.

22-Nov-19
Google "Elkman (insert Hoyt flagship bow from previous years)"

Elkman RX1 Elkman Carbon Defiant Elkman Carbon Spyder

Its very entertaining.

23-Nov-19
Sometimes the best way to get the answers you want about a certain bow is to talk to the rep. And Hoyt will put you in contact with the rep in your area. Also, reps will visit shops and let anyone shoot the new bows. Just contact you local shop and find out when the rep will be there.

That said, just like HDE said, the stops were the biggest change.

24-Nov-19
Saw some good commentary on another site from a tuning guru, he thinks the tweaks from last year have improved tunability - improvements you can't see in a picture or glean from a list of bow specs.

25-Nov-19
Last years tweaks were definitely a step forward in tuning and making their bows quiet again.

30-Jan-20
ELKMAN is correct in a sense the cam and a half system Hoyt uses is very outdated and I’m the biggest Hoyt fanatic out there they will come out of tune easily but don’t get me wrong I love them I can shoot a Hoyt better than any bow on the market....... I shoot magnus stinger 125s our of my 80lb Hoyt’s every year and have had great success people that bash the cam system bash it Bec they can’t tune it correctly there’s not much to them but they are prone to come out but no big deal to me after 1000 shots check everything and just see I check my bow every week that’s the least we can do as hunters I own a pro shop so I know all the big bow companies weak sides but a forum is not to bash a brand or what they have done wrong including Hoyt Matthews Bowtech and prime archery they all have problems but at the end of the day I shoot a Hoyt the best and it’s what I will shoot till I can’t shoot anymore people that come in my shop and bash brands lose my respect automatically that’s not how it goes if you shoot matthews tell me why you shoot them why their system is better and if you know what you’re talking about great but 99% people go dumbfounded when you ask them the real in depth questions proving they are a fan boy or think it makes them look good shoot what you want and be confident in it but don’t run someone else’s company in the ground because you don’t like them or can’t afford them or can’t shoot them or can’t tune them thanks y’all and happy hunting fellas

30-Jan-20
I used the Hoyt RX3 ultra last year. Bought it used. It is one of my favorite Hoyt’s. I think we are at a point in bows where technology has reached a wall. Just because this year it’s not totally differnt and mind boggling things happening doesn’t mean anything is wrong with the bow.

I’ve had great luck with the RX3 and will use it again this year. Shane chuning (tunes and messes with all Bow brands). He says the RX4 is Hoyt’s best bow yet.

30-Jan-20
Yes I have a helix ultra a RX3 and RX3 ultra I used last years great bows but all in all every company is going to have problems just shoot what you enjoy and what you can be efficient with I represent Bowtech Matthews Hoyt and prime in my shop and they are all good companies and I have nothing but great things to say about them. The RX4 is a slick design but as mentioned by ermine there isn’t much else to improve on any brands bows they have to nitpick and make small changes too make any at all anymore

02-Feb-20
The RX3 and RX4 platforms are both tremendous. The difference between the draw and the vibe and quietness on my RX4 Ultra and my RX1 Ulta is not incremental. It is significant. Do yourself a favor and shoot one. Calling this outdated technology is absurd. It is an absolute winner.

I have shot 60 lb bows for a while....I wish I would have ordered 65lb limbs on this one.

02-Feb-20
Here we go again.... they are junk.

Mine kinda shoots fine.

04-Feb-20
I looked at BT, Matthews and Hoyt at Scheels. Hoyt by far was the most impressive and shot the best. Flat out no comparison. Best looking as well.

:-)

05-Feb-20
Shot Bowtech , Mathews, Hoyt last week Hoyt gets my nod.

05-Feb-20
"Flat out no comparison" Really? OK guess Hoyt is far above the others, or they just have more dedicated fan boys.

05-Feb-20
Hoyt1998youshouldtrytousespacesandpunctuationsopeoplecanreadit

05-Feb-20
I see we are still talking about Hoyt:-)

05-Feb-20
Had a chance to pick up new in box Rx-3 ultra on eBay this week for $900 plus 22 shipping

05-Feb-20
Hoyt, 61 comments, Bowtech as always, the leader,is at 172 comments. Keep chatting and padding the numbers, you may catch them.

05-Feb-20
But 100 of those are Elkman's

:-)

05-Feb-20
Habitat, you got me there.

05-Feb-20
PECO,

Honestly, I could care less what a person shoots. If they are confident with it and happy, shoot it, whatever the brand. I just like busting chops sometimes.

05-Feb-20
That is an advantage that Righties have Bou. As a lefty it's hard to find deals on new old stock.

05-Feb-20
Picked up the RX-4 Alpha this week. Shot the other 2020 Big-3 offerings before making a decision, but once again settled on Hoyt.

05-Feb-20
You got serious! Congratulations.

05-Feb-20
@AMBUSH I did use spaces in my comments? Maybe get glasses? Everybody is on the topic of picking at people instead of the topic of forums anymore? What bow you shooting? Had to make a poke then stopped must have not shot any of the bows spoke about?

05-Feb-20
@AMBUSH I did use spaces in my comments? Maybe get glasses? Everybody is on the topic of picking at people instead of the topic of forums anymore? What bow you shooting? Had to make a poke then stopped must have not shot any of the bows spoke about?

06-Feb-20
29.5" seems too short to me. It looks like a youth bow. I'd rather get the rx4 ultra.

06-Feb-20
HOYT1998. When your post first appeared on my screen it did not have a single punctuation mark or capital. True story. But sorry for offending you.

And I don't even have a bow, I'm just here for the abuse :)

07-Feb-20
Yeah typical Canadian for you. God bless America.

• Sitka Gear