Contributors to this thread:
BULELK1 18-Nov-19
pointingdogs 18-Nov-19
Brotsky 18-Nov-19
dakotaduner 18-Nov-19
BULELK1 19-Nov-19
18-Nov-19
'morning Ladies & Gent's,

I just got back from my 2nd ever Whitetail Buck hunt.

This tag was for a Wyoming Unit.

Last year on my very first ever Whitetail Buck hunt I was in Iowa and as many of you know I'm not much of a tree stand guy nor ground blind type guy so I did Spot-n-Stalk with my Recurve in Iowa/5.

The best buck I drew down on before he blew out! was this big Ears Wide Rack with most of his Tines Ears Tall ( ya know roll the ears up for field length measuring like on Antelope or Mnt. Goats) and he has haunted my mind/memory since. No I didn't harvest him but at 20-25 yards on the ground he was very visible for memories.

So I kept that desired goal in my plans for my Wyoming hunt this year.

Not sure if it was a good idea or just an Iowa pipedream ?

Realistic is my question I guess as a more or less Rookie Whitey hunter.

Thanks, Robb

18-Nov-19
I've hunted northeast Wyoming many times. That would be a good whitetail for Wyoming. There are bigger but not like Iowa. Different standards for different places. Seems like a good goal to me, especially spot and stalk.

18-Nov-19
A good goal to have, just shoot what makes you happy Robb. You’ll know him when you see him!

18-Nov-19
As Brotsky said you will know when you see it. I just returned from a week long hunt, knowing we agreed to let 3.5 year old 5x5s walk right by us. When they came in range I was happy to see them but did not get all excited. Second to last day had 3 4x4s 2 in the 120s and one upper 130s all at 10 yards or less. I wanted the big one, thought I was going to have the big one. My heart was off the charts. Never got the shot off, best hunt ever. I think you will know and be happy whatever the outcome. good luck

19-Nov-19
Those all make sense to me and it is kinda a goal of mine to get that/my 1st public land Whitetail buck.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear