Quick Draw 1 20-Nov-19
Beav 20-Nov-19
spike78 20-Nov-19
Mertyman 20-Nov-19
Trophyhill 20-Nov-19
18-Nov-19

Jpayne's embedded Photo
Jpayne's embedded Photo
I have some slick trick standard broadheads. (4blade 1inch) can I buy other slick trick blades that will fit the standard ferrule. Nothing wrong with the standards I just can't stop tinkering. I think I saw JTV do some blade swaps not too long ago. Thanks. Jeff.

18-Nov-19
So the mag blades are the only ones that will fit with the standard ferrule? -Jeff

19-Nov-19
From the looks of that photo i would suggest you stop tinkering :-)

19-Nov-19
Yup, mag and standard blades are interchangeable on the heads.

19-Nov-19
I would definitely go with the mag blades. That animal would have died .0003 seconds faster if you'd had the mag blades.

19-Nov-19
Do the mag blades actually leave a bloodtrail? Asking for a friend. :-)

19-Nov-19
Your shot placement needs to be more in the center of the heart

19-Nov-19
Love ST's. The Mag's, just because Bigger is Better, right :) (ha ha ha). Seriously, I dont know why, but I just have always liked the mags. They fly great and make a slightly bigger hole, what's not to love there.

19-Nov-19
THEY are good head's i shot a antelope a mule deer and a elk this fall and the S.T. is good for more

19-Nov-19
Love the looks of that Wicked Trick...

19-Nov-19
I have used ST since they first came out and arguably started the shorter BH trend. Love them. I used the Magnum before they were called Magnum (the original) in 125 grain. I've since switched to the Viper Trick simply because it's more cut on contact, an awesome head too.

19-Nov-19
I’m with boonr.... that shot is a solid couple inches low. Gotta work on that, Bud!

19-Nov-19
Another vote for the Wicked Tricks...….

19-Nov-19

Quick Draw 1's embedded Photo
I've been a big fan of ST's for years. I was fortunate to just finish taking my grand slam / FNAWS with the same Slick Trick broadhead ferrule (100 grain ST Mag). No particular reason other than I just wanted to see if I could do it.....and to make something really challenging even more challenging. Flight is a big concern, and ST's have always flown very well. Shots on the 4 sheep ranged from 37 to 61 yards, in winds up to 25mph. Always performed flawlessly. But I do like shooting other heads, too. Have never done the Wicked or the Viper....but would love to give them a try. ST does have an interesting expandable called a Raptor trick, for those that are willing to try. I've taken a number of animals with that too, including several ibex, chamois, and whitetail. Here's a couple of pretty cool photos of a deer I shot a couple years ago with a Raptor... actually captured stills off of a 4K video camera.

19-Nov-19

20-Nov-19
Raptor tricks been phenomenal for me. Two caribou, 4 deer and lope. And excellent perfomance on all of them

20-Nov-19
Wow Quick Draw 1!!!

20-Nov-19

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
I shoot slick trick magnums and bought Viper Tricks for my daughter since she was shooting lower poundage. She killed a five year old buck we had been after for a couple of years. She hit a rib going in and went between the ribs upon exit. She got a pass through and the buck went about 80 yards. When I found the arrow the tip of the broadhead was curled over pretty good and it only hit a rib. I was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble?

20-Nov-19

smarba's embedded Photo
Slick Trick Viper after pass through on a big black bear
smarba's embedded Photo
Slick Trick Viper after pass through on a big black bear
I have killed a handful of animals with the Vipers: elk, black bear, deer, ibex. Photo is my Viper after a pass through on a big boar black bear, 40-yards. On the entrance it cut a rib and exit it completely shattered the humerus (upper front leg bone between elbow and shoulder blade). I wish I had taken a photo of the bone, but on this big bear it was at least 1.5" diameter and very stout. Besides the blades showing a little wear, the BH looks like new and still spins true. I've only bent ST when they hit rocks like after a pass through.

20-Nov-19
Beav, I’ve used Viper Tricks for 3yrs. On 3 elk, not one has been damaged. Obviously a small anecdotal sample, but that’s been my experience with them.

20-Nov-19
Glad to hear it guys. The ones I bought were the stainless model. Thanks for the responses.

20-Nov-19
I've also used the stainless, although the one on the bear happened to be a standard. I can't believe the stainless are softer material than standard steel...

20-Nov-19
I know of 3 musk ox that fell to Slick Tricks this year; 2 to Vipertricks and 1 to a Magnum.

20-Nov-19

Herbhunter's embedded Photo
Herbhunter's embedded Photo
50lbs. with a Vipertrick at 20 yards 75% through a big bodied critter! Flies like a field-point, maybe the best fixed head on the market.

20-Nov-19
I cant either smarba but even the heads she didn't shoot you could feel a burr on the tip like it wasn't to a fine point.

20-Nov-19
Beav, I've had a tip or two on the Vipers curl over after hitting another arrow and/or broadhead already in the target while practicing. Also had blades chip/break from doing the same thing. Still love the heads though!

20-Nov-19
Beav, only thing with a pass-through is that the arrow also hit something after it went through the animal. As in dirt, rocks etc. A lot of times we simply attribute broadhead damage to what was hit in the animal forgetting about what it hit afterwards. Hitting only one rib I bet that thing came out at a decent clip and if it hit a rock or something like that in the ground could easily do more damage than the rib. But I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you didn't know!

I killed several animals with ST's but never had good blood and kept searching...

20-Nov-19

Here's the ST Magnum after passing through 4 sheep. (Blades did get changed.) In this case, it's sitting atop a grilled Dall Sheep backstrap from #4. And yes, that is my wife's purple fingernail polish so I could keep this broadhead separate from all the rest!

20-Nov-19
APauls, I know I said it was a pass though but the buck actually carried he arrow a bound or two before it fell out so I know it didn't anything else. It did impact the rob fairly high where they are more substantial. I have killed a lot of animals with slick tricks but like you APauls I have had some blood trails that were not the best at all.

20-Nov-19
Had great blood trails with the standards and they did well but always have some chipped blades afterwards.

20-Nov-19
I, along with others I personally know, are also in the same boat with some less than desirable (and even non-existent in some cases) blood trails with the Standards.

20-Nov-19
I've seen blades curl on SkickTricks from slicing thru ribs and hide. Results were still elk or deer down in short order. Both Razors and Magnums.

I tried a package of Wickeds before elk season this year and my bow just did not like them muck so I used a RazorTrick to do my killing again ;)

• Sitka Gear