bghunter 19-Nov-19
cnelk 19-Nov-19
Huntcell 19-Nov-19
bghunter 19-Nov-19
Bou'bound 19-Nov-19
bghunter 19-Nov-19
bghunter 19-Nov-19
19-Nov-19
If I wanted to make hot sticks out of gator meat, what would those of you who have made this before use. beef or pork? What mixture would you suggest. 60 gator 40 beef etc Not many butchers in WI have experience with gator and my cooking skills are restricted to a microwave and a grill lol.

19-Nov-19
Pork fat. 20-30%

19-Nov-19
Is gator all white meat? Is it tough or gamely? Seems a shame to make hot sticks out of it . Just wondering . Does gator fall under same rules and regulations as venison as far as selling it or trading it ???

19-Nov-19
Gator meat is white meat. This is my second gator and the butcher did a horrible job. Basically just took it all cubed it up and froze it solid in 5 lb packages. Which is to bad as the tail meat is delicious and I would have had plenty of it from a 12 foot gator. I also love hot sticks and summer sausage and would love to have enough to last me a year.

19-Nov-19
Picture of the 12 footer please. Monster

19-Nov-19

bghunter's embedded Photo
bghunter's embedded Photo
Hopefully this works. A lot left to be finished but good idea of the finished product

19-Nov-19
I guess I should be honest it was 11 6 and a half, but after tanning came out at 12 and that's what I am being charged for by the foot. So I went with 12 lol

• Sitka Gear