TrapperKayak 26-Nov-19
Elite 1 26-Nov-19
No Mercy 26-Nov-19
19-Nov-19

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
Taken from the article:

Ellingson is now recognized as having taken the largest moose in North Dakota by bow and arrow, at 190 6/8 inches — shattering the previous record of 166 7/8 inches from 2012, according to the publication.

And Ellingson isn’t even that far off from the state record for a moose taken by any means, as the current record – be it by an archer or with a hunting rifle – is 205 7/8 inches.“

19-Nov-19
Gorgeous

19-Nov-19
Great moose!

19-Nov-19
What subspecies are these moose considered? Great bull! Looks like an interesting place to skin and quarter one, though. :-O

19-Nov-19
That's a stud moose in the lower 48

19-Nov-19
Nice bull!

19-Nov-19
So awesome.

Gotta love a non-hunter writing a hunting story though.

"caught" a moose

"fired" his bow

19-Nov-19
Canada Moose in ND. I always say they're "Eastern Canadian"...That is a HECK of a ND Moose.

19-Nov-19
That’s a beautiful moose!!! It amazes me how many moose are in North Dakota but Minnesota doesn’t have any left because of climate change.

19-Nov-19
Grubby-Don't get me started! (How can there be moose in cattail sloughs and shelter belts, but moose are struggling in northwoods? HINT: It isn't the climate)

I grew up in Williston. The Missouri River bottoms are a fun place. When I was there, there was not a moose within 2 hours of there. Same for turkeys. I shot many pheasants, trapped and done plenty of fishing along that river. (The willows are no joke. Getting whipped in the face isn't anything you will soon forget.)

19-Nov-19
the eastern Canadian moose boundary is about a 100 miles east of the western Ontario Providence line I believe this would be considered a western Canadian moose albeit 50 miles west of where this moose was shot it would be considered a Shires moose.

19-Nov-19
Yes, our moose have “identity issues”...;). I’ve shot multiples of all of the moose sub species, and geographical lines aside, they remind me in general of Eastern Canadians. Yes, the lines say they are Canadian (Western) Moose, but IMI they remind me more of a Newfoundland moose than the latter.

19-Nov-19
Cool, looks like it was out in the badlands area?

19-Nov-19
I know Z, I read a study that implicated trains in moose declines..... eye opening

20-Nov-19
Holy ~~Moly

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

20-Nov-19
Never knew there was moose in ND. Any in SD?

20-Nov-19
Heck, someone recently hit and killed one on the road in Nebraska so I would guess that there are probably a few in SD.

20-Nov-19
If that were a Shiras, would it be a new world record? I'm thinking maybe... Don't know what the WR Shiras scores.

20-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
There is talk about this recent Shiras moose being the new WR. Killed in the WY Snowies a few weeks ago.

20-Nov-19
I could tell the first animal was a moose...because it made sure to keel over in a a swamp LOL

The one cnelk posted...Wow, wow, wow...

20-Nov-19
Great looking moose congrats to the hunter Lewis

20-Nov-19
Crikey, both are huge for their respective areas. I can't see a reason to long-arm that Wyo bull.

20-Nov-19
Does r nice congrats to the hunters.

22-Nov-19
Wow! I would happy to kill those 2 in Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22-Nov-19
Beautiful animals!! Sometimes you have to long arm em just because you have to lock your elbows the head is so heavy!!!

26-Nov-19
The "good old days" of moose hunting in ND are right now. The population is thriving and growing. These moose love the ample food sources and are adapting to the prairies. There have been some sightings in the SW corner of the state this year also. There is a stable population east of Bismarck in the south central area of the state too. They live a relatively predator free life without the wolves that MN has preying on them. There is no doubt in my mind that we will continue to see monsters getting shot here for years to come. Rick's moose is currently number 3 in the state overall. The top two are 205 7/8 and 205 5/8.

26-Nov-19
Good to hear! Are there any NR opportunities for them to put in for? Thx.

26-Nov-19
No it’s resident only once in a lifetime tag for elk moose and big horn.

26-Nov-19
There are some non-profits that get allocated a few tags a year to auction or raffle for both elk and moose. Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation usually gets one. This would be the only opportunity for non-residents to hunt them in ND. There is one sheep tag that goes up for auction at the banquet too.

• Sitka Gear