midwest 20-Nov-19
midwest 22-Nov-19
Grubby 22-Nov-19
midwest 22-Nov-19
BIG BEAR 22-Nov-19
Franklin 22-Nov-19
Fields 22-Nov-19
20-Nov-19
I'm looking for a lightweight, pac type boot that has a fairly aggressive tread and ankle support for hiking in a mile or so, carrying a hang and hunt setup, over some fairly rough terrain before climbing and sitting a tree.

I would like something that would be good sitting in temps down to around freezing. I can add the Arctic Shields once it drops into the 20's. I've looked at $chnee's and some of the Baffin and Sorel offerings....just too many choices!

Any suggestions?

20-Nov-19
When it comes to pac boots, Schnees is it. You send them in and they rebuild them, replace parts etc. You buy 1 pair and they last you a lifetime. Not to mention they have so many models, sole design, weight and height.

Check with some on here that you may be pals with....some may get a 20% discount with the right connections.

20-Nov-19
Which model/s do you own, Franklin?

22-Nov-19
ttt

22-Nov-19
I’ve been considering the schnees. If you send them in to get rebuilt do you pay a flat fee?

22-Nov-19
Yeah, I may just bite the bullet on a pair of Hunter II's and get an extra pair of liners.

22-Nov-19
I have more boots than I need... but those Schnees look pretty sweet..... and made in Montana.

They look similar to Bean boots only better.....

22-Nov-19
I have the Outfitter II but I am looking into a more aggressive sole.....my wish list boot is the Black Buffalo. The Hunter II is a good choice.

I bought my Lowa Sheep Hunters from Schnees also. Not sure of your boot size but if it`s under a 10 they have a Packer on sale for $230.....$70 off. 10 -13 is out of stock.

22-Nov-19
do the hunter II's need to be ordered a size larger to accommodate the liner or is the liner figured into the size... Sure wish I could try a pair on before ordering...

• Sitka Gear