TrapperKayak 22-Nov-19
wildan 22-Nov-19
Jaquomo 22-Nov-19
KHNC 22-Nov-19
Will 22-Nov-19
Jaquomo 22-Nov-19
GF 22-Nov-19
22-Nov-19
Read a NY DEC news letter that said you couldn't bring deer or elk antlers in velvet into NY. I questioned them and this was their answer. "You would be able to bring in the velvet antlers as part of a finished taxidermy project, but otherwise you are correct, you could not bring those antlers in. This is to ensure there is no transfer of Chronic Wasting Disease prions to New York State."

22-Nov-19
But you can bring the prion-laden meat in? I'm convinced there's something in the water in New York that causes severe brain damage. They don't need to worry about CWD.

22-Nov-19
yes. I find new York (city) dwellers a unique lot. I hauled seafood to new York & Boston from the eastern shore VA for many years & they (ALL) were quick to inform you about how new York is HOWEVER every weekend there's a mass exodus to get the hell out. I live on the coast in va & iv always wanted 2 bummer stickers first= this is NOT the NJTP. second = if NY is so great WHY are you here. off topic I know but get so tired of holiday-vacation travelers driving live buttheads heading to the obx

22-Nov-19
I know Manitoba is just waiting for our first CWD case to obliterate the deer. It will happen. It's all around us.

22-Nov-19
You think that's bad, how about this. Dumb-ass Cuomo just passed a new 'prison reform' law that allows prisoners convicted of vehicular manslaughter, burglary, robbery, and a whole host of other crimes, to now walk free (as of Jan. 1st). No bail needs to be posted for many of these serious crimes now either, so such offenders will be allowed to go out on their onw recognizance when caught coming these crimes - home invasion, burglary, robbery, etc, etc. The SOB governor is whacked! And it being a Dem. controlled govt. here, its no wonder people are leaving this state. Granted, I GET why people think NY is f.. up. Many of its people are, esp. those in cities. But that said, I like it here for the hunting and the outdoors. I know how to get away from the people, its not that hard. There really are a lot of good people here tho., even a few in NYC if you're lucky. But the govt. and Gov sucks. They create a bad reputation for NY that reaches out across the whole country. I truly think he is passing this law to shred the NRA by creating situations where home invasions are being defended by homeowners with weapons, and then prosecuting the home owners for using them to shoot intruders. He wants to destroy the NRA, and this is one way to do it. As for prions coming through, NY is far from the only state to enact this type of requirement. Many other states are doing the same thing. You can transport animals and parts THROUGH NY, just not deposit any of them IN the state. You have to have cleaned skull plates, or else taxidermy cleaned euros and hides, with packaged meat and no bones or skulls with tissue attached brought in to stay. NY wants to stay CWD free. They already had one small CWD occurrence (in my immediate area - they tested two positive deer over a 12 yr period infected from elk imported from Colorado, of all places, by a taxi I actually graduated HS with), in Oneida Co. back in the late 90's and early 2000s. They don't want another reoccurrence. As for NY haters, come here first and experience something negative, then you be the judge. Until then, slam what you know to be crap, not what you hear/say.

22-Nov-19
Part of the problem with people's conception of "New York" is what the see on T.V. or read about.New York City is not New York State.The state has a lot to offer for hunting and fishing.The largest "park" in the country;The Adriondacks,The Finger Lakes,The Thousand Islands and St.Lawrence River. We live 400 miles North of NYC(Detroit ,MI is also 400 miles) about as far away from the "city"as you can get and still be in NY State. Yes we have a "whacko" for a Governor;he caters to the "city" because that who elects him.

22-Nov-19
I've spent a hell of a lot of time in New York, both in the City and upstate. Worked for a company headquartered in Syracuse, did business in most of rhe major cities for 20 years, fished and stayed regularly on weekends upstate. Definitely a huge difference in mentality and attitudes between any of the big cities (including Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo) and everyone outside those zones of stupidity. Unfortunately, most policy decisions come from inside those zones.

22-Nov-19
NC started this last year. No bone in meat can be brought in from any state for deer or elk. SC changed the laws for deer urine this year. None can be used unless its from a deer killed in the state.

22-Nov-19
Won't surprise folks, but MA has had a similar law for several years now...

22-Nov-19
Too strange, since a quick Google search will show that prions are in the meat, not the bones. Duh.

22-Nov-19
And you can’t bring bones from a NY killed deer into CT because CWD is already in NY....

Ummmm.... WHUUUUT??

• Sitka Gear