WI Shedhead 22-Nov-19
Tonybear61 27-Nov-19
Lynn Wilcox 30-Nov-19
Lynn Wilcox 30-Nov-19
Lynn Wilcox 30-Nov-19
Hardchild 02-Dec-19
Charlie Rehor 02-Dec-19
22-Nov-19
So when I was the club president of are archery club we had kids running around shoot targets all day long, So on my FB page the other day I posted who all has kids shooting compound bows that just love it ? Well I have 2000 friends on my page and got 2 responses. this was so strange to me ,

22-Nov-19
I think it is a combination of "social media fatigue" and folks just not paying that much attention to it more so than lack of kids shooting bows. I'm friends with you on FB and I don't even remember seeing your post. I certainly have two kids who love shooting compound bows. A lot of times I see posts like that as well and might "like" the post but don't take time to comment.

22-Nov-19
Yes understandable busy world we live in, I just remember it was so great watching our kids follow our passion , I will share camp you and your kids again some day!

22-Nov-19
For sure ZK, I do think we have a lot of like minded guys on this site, but I know some guys that put chasing bone in front of raising their kids right too. I tend to keep my distance from that type. Look forward to seeing you guys again in the future!

22-Nov-19
I dont have a FB account but can tell you that there are a bunch of kids shooting regularly here in Sumner County TN.

Tuesday and Thursday are kids night at Muddy Bayou Archery. His indoor range is full from 6-7 PM.

22-Nov-19
Our schools in central KS offer archery as a sport after school.

22-Nov-19

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
Snapped this photo at Buckhorn Middle School in Madison County, Alabama yesterday while attending an away basketball game for my grandson. Kids are the future of bowhunting.

22-Nov-19
I wouldn’t say my daughters love it but they sure do enjoy it.

22-Nov-19

LINK's embedded Photo
10 years old
LINK's embedded Photo
10 years old
LINK's embedded Photo
7 years. TBM must have been my mail man at one point.
LINK's embedded Photo
7 years. TBM must have been my mail man at one point.
LINK's embedded Photo
14 months. I’m ready for this guy to start shooting.
LINK's embedded Photo
14 months. I’m ready for this guy to start shooting.
LINK's embedded Photo
My six year old hasn’t started shooting yet but it’s about time.
LINK's embedded Photo
My six year old hasn’t started shooting yet but it’s about time.

22-Nov-19
Certainly the percentage of kids in to archery and hunting is lower than back in my school days but my kids are good to go.

My son is trying to get his first bow kill (so close last weekend) and my daughter is undecided on hunting but likes shooting.

22-Nov-19
My daughter is 7. She got her first compound, a Mission, last Christmas at the age of 6. She shoots often and enjoys it. She's even graduated to being able to shoot in the basement with me, so far there are no holes in the wall! Lol!

22-Nov-19
Much of it is also the push back against fb and social media vs privacy. People are actually smartening up and NOT putting stuff on social media

22-Nov-19
Bloodtrail, as much as a crossbow or a heater is not my style it’s still a benefit to hunters. Without a heater and a crossbow a lot of kids might rather play video games and watch MTV with vegan actors promoting their lifestyle. Anything promoting something close to our lifestyle is a benefit. I ultimately don’t care if my girls hunt in adulthood but I want them to understand the lifestyle enough to articulate it as well as know how to use a weapon and not be afraid of them. My in-laws are pro gun conservatives that support our right to hunt but don’t understand hunting. I want my kids to get it and be able to defend it.

22-Nov-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
When it snowed on Oct 24 this year my daughter chose the ground blind with hot tea and hand warmers over the tree stand even though she knew she would likely not get a shot or see a deer in the blind. I hope our lifestyle choices don’t offend you..... never mind I really don’t care.

22-Nov-19
Call me old fashioned but if kids are watching TV daily I think that's a major problem. No cell phones either. If your kid has no cell phone and no TV, suddenly shooting a bow or one of a million other things sounds more fun than sitting on a couch doing literally nothing.

I believe we are naturally wired to take the easy way out, and being entertained without having to move is actually the natural choice over having to work to entertain yourself. Take that option away. Apparently schools and camps say it's an epidemic. When kids are given free time, they literally don't even know what to do with themselves. When I tell guys on my hockey team I take my 5 yo daughter ice fishing for 12 hours they look at me blank like what does she do all day??? How many iPads do you have to bring?? The answer is none, and when it comes down to it, I've watched her play for 3 hours with a stick. For that matter I've played for hours with her and a stick lol. But it takes imagination, and if you take that away from your kids, it is partially your fault.

We are parents, not friends. When we undertook the responsibility of having kids it comes with all it entails. Teaching them to be a producing member of society. This last week has been a "correctional period" with my daughter and while those are not the fun times, I know those too; will be around the corner, just like after a fun period there will be another "correctional period" and round and round we go lol.

22-Nov-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Build forts, snowball fights, invented games on the snow there’s so much to do even on a barren landscape

22-Nov-19
APauls I agree 100%. My daughter told my mom she wanted a tablet so my mom asked if she could get them one. We told her they wouldn’t hardly get to use it. My mother asked her if she still wanted an iPad the other day. My daughter responded, “ I just want a tablet, you know like a big chief tablet”. My kids love the outdoors and have imaginations beyond belief but then again if they get 2 hours of a screen in a week it’s a lot. My oldest doubled the grade school record for AR reading points. Their Christmas lists include fishing poles, books and sun dresses. Take away the screen and you have a kid that fits in more with generation X than their own. Over consumption of technology will be the demise of hunting among youth not corn piles, crossbows or heaters.

22-Nov-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
My 12 year old chasing mule deer with me.
Brotsky's embedded Photo
My 12 year old chasing mule deer with me.
Brotsky's embedded Photo
My daughter packing out an elk quarter.
Brotsky's embedded Photo
My daughter packing out an elk quarter.
These kids would look at you cross eyed because you're only walking a mile Bloodtrail :-)

22-Nov-19
Our area has 4h shooting sports after school but that’s awesome for the places that actually have it in school.

22-Nov-19
Just remember the #1 determinant to human success is being loved by your parents. So if you’re loving them and they feel loved as unfortunate as it sounds they’ve already got a leg up on a lot of other kids out there! It’ll be all right. Just the fact that we care already means it’s OK

22-Nov-19

WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
The kids are out thier shooting - it’s just different. They don’t have much extra time but that doesn’t mean they enjoy it. I’ve finally got enough time to get myself back into hunting for myself more after doing every thing I could to get my 3 out in the woods. But I have 3 of the best hunting partners I could ask for to take out in the woods for my efforts.

22-Nov-19

27-Nov-19

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Archery is boring compared to video games-tell that to me kids who I shot leagues with

P & Y rendezvous, or Kicking Bear photo

30-Nov-19

Lynn Wilcox's embedded Photo
15 years old, 2nd deer with a bow !
15 years old, 2nd deer with a bow !
My son has been shooting for ~dozen yrs. Practice makes perfect. He maxed out his 60# bow when he was 14yrs old. After more then 3 months at 60#, practing 3-4 times a week, he was even able to hunt with it at that weight. Not bad for 130# kid !!

Hard work pays off ......

30-Nov-19

Start them young....
Start them young....
Teach them to love archery at a young age, build off of that !

30-Nov-19

Rhinehart 100
Rhinehart 100
Make it fun....make it a challenge.

Make them understand that shooting a bow is NOT easy & it takes a lot of practice & patience to be good at it.

02-Dec-19

Hardchild's Link
Obviously i see no reason why kids shouldn't get involved in archery especially those ones that show interest in it. I remember i wasn't able to play guitar all because my dad never wanted me to because he was scared i might end up becoming a performer, going for concert and all. Parents should give supports to their kids, guide them through and also monitor to ensure their safety. NB: Don't leave out the guide aspect.

02-Dec-19
The problem is your platform. (facebook) People are afraid to admit to their 2,000 “friends” that they like to shoot bows. Blow back is tuff. Very sad but a good reason why Bowsite thrives. Last year over 2 million people were on Bowsite. See “bowhunting offspring” thread.

• Sitka Gear