elkmtngear 25-Nov-19
timex 25-Nov-19
320 bull 25-Nov-19
12yards 25-Nov-19
Joe Holden 27-Nov-19
tembow 27-Nov-19
TD 27-Nov-19
22-Nov-19
Do any of you gentlemen or ladies have a piece of equipment that you consider settled and would like to share your thoughts?

What I mean by this, for example, is have you settled on a bow, arrow, broadhead, sight, quiver, or rest that you feel is the best and requires no additional experimentation. Personally, I have settled on a micro-diameter, high straightness tolerance arrow with a heavy outsert and a 3-blade fixed broadhead. Every other item can be tinkered with and interchanged, but not this combination - so far.

Thank you and very respectfully - Rich

22-Nov-19
No, I like to tinker too much.

22-Nov-19
I can't think of a thing id change on my crossbow.

22-Nov-19
My mid-section has settled a little. Does that count?

;-)

Matt

22-Nov-19
Midwest - I lack the mechanical skills to tinker; my brother got blessed with those. Additionally, I will still collect broadheads, I will just gift them to people when they need them instead of rotating through them myself.

Highlife - Is your model pretty quiet? Some are fairly loud at the shot, but quick enough to not make a difference in the outcome.

Thanks gentlemen.

22-Nov-19
Zeiss 10x40 binos. Got them in 1990 and never looked for any others since.

Pretty fond of Tru Ball releases too. Everything else is open to change.

22-Nov-19
I have used the same quiver for a loooong time - like almost 20 years. Tried other high priced, 'gotta have' quivers, but Im settled on my Alpine Archery Soft Lok 5 arrow quiver.

Good question!

22-Nov-19
Hoyt bows;-)

In seriousness, not really.

22-Nov-19
XX75s out of my stickbows. I love them. For compounds no, but man I have zero issues with bending/breaking and they are affordable

Sitka Fanatic for late season whitetails.

Lone wolf stand pretty much perfect, I’d like to modify the sticks to the rope mod, but stand is perfect

Tall Tines recurve for me is as good as it gets

Magnus stingers really need not much Improvement. Could be better steel but I like the price so I’d say leavem as is. But I do dabble with others for fun

Fourth arrow camera arm with a “boat transom strap” mod is money

NoseJammer - nuff said

Kuiu attacks, Kenai, Chugach, Yukon Pro gloves (especially for moose hunting, wet+cold)

22-Nov-19
Hmmmm.... I guess I’m pretty well set on stickbows and 2-blade COCs. And arrows. Definitely going to keep on attaching my broadheads to arrows.

22-Nov-19
I’ve been shooting Iron Will BHs for three seasons. Prior to that I often switched BHs. There are lots of good ones, but from my perspective, there’s are the best and I’m staying with them.

22-Nov-19
Does my Cummins count? That’s bout the only thing I plan to keep forever

22-Nov-19
RD I was trolling looked like I got a hit lol. Seriously 2005 Martin slayer pro both with drop away rests short stabilizers GT arrows tipped with 125 gr thunderheads. Have been using some 125 gr. Slick tricks Gary gave me years ago on a hog hunt we did. The sharpness of those heads were unreal.

22-Nov-19
Settled on Swarovski 10x42 ELs

22-Nov-19
Easton full metal jackets. 5 mm

22-Nov-19
FMJs, broadhead might change though

MBG sights

Trophy Taker rest

Some form of Elite bow

All this hinges on if my shoulders can continue to take it, if not some kinda damn Ten Point crossbow that I’ll never, ever warm up to, but I’ll shoot as a last resort.

22-Nov-19
Cnelk. I’ve had that same quiver on 4 bows now. That and the whisker biscuit are settled items

22-Nov-19
Carter Simple 1 release, probably open to other changes. Although I'm quite happy with everything else.

22-Nov-19
I have learned to never say "never." One never knows when things might change for the better or worse.

22-Nov-19
Oh yes absolutely. I consider my current setup and rank it with the best of the best. And the results back that up year in year out. My 2009 D350, Octane Bantam quiver, SpotHogg 7DP site, WB rest, XT Hunter 340's, String Splitter peep, RazorTrick BH's and Lil Goose release have proved to be a great setup, and stood the test of time. I have used a couple different broadheads but always come back to the RazorTricks.

22-Nov-19
A great northern 5 arrow quiver Guide gear fuzzy vest with wind block Buck vanguard for elk hunting Floppy bucket hat

22-Nov-19
Swaro binos and Bark River Knives. Everything else is pretty open to change for me.

I mainly need a new farm at this point

22-Nov-19
A few things. Bowtech bows, Black Gold sights, Trophy Taker rests, Axis shafts, Slicktrick Vipertricks, Carter RX1 release.

22-Nov-19
I-phone set to BOWSITE. No Archery Talk . There that’s settled.

22-Nov-19
I have a bowtec 101st airborne I bought in 2005 it has a trophy taker drop away rest a sword acusight a neutralizer stabilizer & kwikee quiver I shoot pse radial x weave pro 200s & the only thing iv changed in 15 years is my arrow head weight iv turned the weight down from 70 to 65 then to 60 & increased the point - broadhead weight each time to keep the same shafts tuned. & the string & cables have been charged it's been a great setup & iv taken a lot of deer with it...I will say that it's not the easiest bow to shoot if you relax to much it will try to pull your arm off but on the other hand even by today's standards it shoots an arrow really hard I shoot large fixed 2 edge heads & iv busted the shoulders on so many deer I can't even remember how many it's been a great setup

23-Nov-19
The only archery gear I’ve used for decades is Catquivers.

Albeit, Different models and Sizes. I can’t see every going back to a bow mounted quiver.

Everything else is up for testing.

23-Nov-19
Took a few decades of testing, but settled on: Bowtech Invasion bows, Black Eagle X-Impact arrows, Rage Hypodermic broadheads, Black Gold sights, True-Fire Hardcore releases, and Ford trucks.

23-Nov-19
Even on things I’ve settled on I seem to get Wanderlust every 8-10 years. Except my 7mm Rem mag that I bought off my dad when I was 14. 18 years later it’s still a heat seeker and still a great caliber that I pull out every few years. Because I mainly use my bow is prob why I tinker with archery stuff more. Would I ever need to change what I have? No, but will I? Most likely

23-Nov-19
Timex, I owned an 82nd in '09 and my shoulders we're about gone after shooting that bow that year. I definite shooter but a hard draw, and if I relaxed even just a little bit at full draw, that arrow wanted to go. But it was a shooter

23-Nov-19
Timex, I owned an 82nd in '09 and my shoulders we're about gone after shooting that bow that year. I definite shooter but a hard draw, and if I relaxed even just a little bit at full draw, that arrow wanted to go. But it was a shooter

23-Nov-19
I've settled on hunting the wind, and not being obsessed with scent control. I've settled on my Diamond Black Ice bow set up with a whisker biscuit. Killing another deer with it this year confirms my not wanting to replace it. I've settled on getting rid of many of my recurves and longbows, and keeping and shooting the few that I like, and not continuing the search for "the one." I have not settled on for sure wanting to remain in Colorado, can't figure out where to go though.

25-Nov-19
X3 on the Alpine 5 arrow soft loc quiver. Mine is pushing 15 years.

25-Nov-19
Tunable bows are a must, so bowtech fmj's axcel sights rest wise QAD for now, could change if something better come out tight spot quiver QAD exodus bh's for the big stuff mechanical BHs for the smaller stuff Muck boots lone wolf stands Muck boots

25-Nov-19
E35 bow, 5mm FMJ, Spot Hogg sights, Mongoose release, TightSpot. Broadheads are about the only thing I tinker with.

25-Nov-19
All of my equipment is set until the next best thing comes along ;-)

25-Nov-19
I still shoot Easton Aluminum 2117s...Oh yeah, and, get off my Lawn!!! ;^)

25-Nov-19
a little off topic but a few years ago I sent a rem 700 action to Krieger barrels had them square it install a heavy 6.5×284 barrel I bought a stock but had to do a lot of inletting & bedding work to it put a jewel trigger & on & on it will shoot dime size groups at 400 & quarter size at 600 I will NEVER let that baby go absolutely fenominal but on the heavy side

25-Nov-19
I am pretty settled on about all of my hunting gear. I am used to it know what to expect and there are no surprises. Fishing lures now that is another story.

25-Nov-19
I bought my first Elite Synergy prior to the 2016 season. Bought another one last spring. I'm kind of settled on them and very satisfied with just about every aspect of them. Don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon (although a Ritual 35 sure would be nice).

27-Nov-19
QAD full for fixed blade, Sevrs for mechanical hoofed animals, Rocket sidewinders for turkeys, .204 arrows with a total weight of no less than 450, between 11-15% FOC, Scott releases.

27-Nov-19
Strothers Infinity, Scotts release, Steel Force Broad heads, Predator Camo, Hush Covers on all tree and ladder stands

27-Nov-19
Nothing is "settled". Been married 43 years and I'm still not sure I'm settled on it...... but my standing might be a bit more precarious than some.....

• Sitka Gear