JL 25-Nov-19
Mnhunter1980 29-Nov-19
kota-man 29-Nov-19
wetman 02-Dec-19
YMike322 22-Dec-19
Scooby-doo 22-Dec-19
Ken Taylor 22-Dec-19
23-Nov-19
I'm looking at Baffin Boots and wonder if anyone has first hand experience with them. Do they run true to size? I've seen some mixed reviews on that. Also, how are they to walk in? The model I'm looking at is the Comfort Max. I hate buying footwear online and dealing with returns, but don't have an option to try them on.

23-Nov-19
IMO they are excellent boots. I just too mine off a few minutes ago. Mine fit correct the first time and the cushion/insulation inside makes you think you're walking on cotton. Mine fit to the shape of my feet so that helps in the fit dept. I just got thru slow walking a mile or so. They do not give my feet any hot spots or rubs (blisters). The other thing too is these boots do not pull my insulated socks down like other boots do. The socks stay put. I have some Sorrels that do that....annoying as crap too.

23-Nov-19
I used a pair on the ice outside of Resolute in February. They were size 15....I usually wear size 13 in other boots from Meindls to Muck Boots. They were warm and comfortable for the -40* conditions encountered. I think they were rated to -100*F but doubt I’d want to use them in those conditions!

23-Nov-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I tried to add some pics in the original post but I get some kind of error message. Here is a pic of the cushion inside.

23-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I have a pair. They aren’t my most favorite boot. They are OK. If you have any water to walk thru they suck. Like a cotton ball. I tried them ice fishing and my feet were soaked.

Dry land or snow I’ll use them.

23-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
There isn’t much to the lacing

23-Nov-19
I have a pair of the all rubber with the felt liners & I use them for long sits it the cold but their heavy for any amount of walking

24-Nov-19
I use the baffin titan rubber boot, they use the same liner as shown above, not a walking boot but so warm and so comfy, and so easy to get on or off, and made here in Canada with real rubber

24-Nov-19
Get yourself a pair or two of artic shield boot covers. Wear your regular hunting boots to and from your stand, add the covers and your good. If it's really ccold or you just want really toasty feet, rubber band. a hot hands body warmer chemical pack to the top of your toes on the outside of your boots, then the covers.suprr lite and they work.

24-Nov-19

Ambush's embedded Photo
No sure what model, but minus forty or something.
Ambush's embedded Photo
No sure what model, but minus forty or something.
I have Baffin lace ups with the removable foam like liners. Very light and I bought my regular size because I also use them for walking a lot. When using them day after day for stand hunting they go on the Peetz boot dryer soon as I get home.

25-Nov-19
I used them in my muscox hunt, they perform OK

25-Nov-19
My wife has a pair of Impact women's. They have two buckle straps for closure. She uses them for her cold weather boots. She says they run true to size, are comfortable to walk in (she's done 4-5 mile hikes with them) and are warm for tree stand hunting, and she is always cold.

25-Nov-19
I have the laced ones above. I use them for short walks to stand, very toasty.

25-Nov-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Lace ups too....

29-Nov-19
I’ve had a pair for about 12 years, I think they are great. I have had ice kings, rocky extreme snow stalkers and thee baffins are my favorite. Very comfortable, ankle support in mine is minimal but I usually don’t put on more than 2 miles in a day late season. Size is same as other boots I own. Great for ice fishing too. I have the lace ups and have not had any water issues.

29-Nov-19
I have the Baffin Impacts. They’ve worked for me for everything EXCEPT my polar bear hunt. My feet froze on that hunt in the Baffins and I ended up wearing mukluks provided by the Inuits. It was like once the rubber froze solid, they were useless. They work great for cold weather sits at home though. Another of my favorite cold weather boots is the Sorel Glacier XT. Not so sure they aren’t warmer than the Impacts. Cabelas Trans Alaskans are another good choice. Mine are a hair small, so they don’t perform like they should, but they are similar to the Impacts. Bunny Boots are still my “Gold Standards” though. I’ve yet to find the PERFECT cold weather boot but all of the above seem to work decent.

02-Dec-19
I wear the Baffin Trappers. These are all rubber with removable felt liner. They aren't rated for the as low as temps as the Impacts but I wear them from October through March/April depending on the ND winter including late season sits and ice-fishing. I got mine a size larger (12) since I use an insert and thick socks. My wife has the Baffin Impacts and likes them but not as multi-purpose as the Trappers.

22-Dec-19

YMike322's Link
Hey everyone! Thank you for sharing your stories. I had a writing project with buyessay about archery and the ammunition and thank you for your great tips, as you really helped me with the research!

22-Dec-19
I love mine, lace up with two tone leather tops. Totally waterproof and best boots ever. Once temps are below 20 or so I have to wear them. My feet get cold no matter what I have done in the past. My kids went in on my Baffins last winter and gave them to me for Christmas, best gift ever. They paid around 300 I believe. Shawn

22-Dec-19
I have 5 pairs of Baffin boots - uninsulated rubber boots, uninsulated rubber boots with safety toe, insulated rubber boots, slip on L.L. Bean type lightly insulated boots, and a pair of the very insulated "snowmobile" type of boot. I wear size 14 and the ones that I own are all true to size except the very insulated snowmobile type which were a little too snug, but thankfully they made a size 15.

• Sitka Gear