Rocky D 26-Nov-19
Rocky D 26-Nov-19
Rocky D 26-Nov-19
'Ike' (Phone) 26-Nov-19
GhostBird 26-Nov-19
rooster 27-Nov-19
Lee 27-Nov-19
24-Nov-19
Whoot...My son in-law is going to Ft. Leavenworth, KS for his Command School...They’ll be there a year, starting next Summer...Any Whitetail hunts to look at there, South NE or even Missouri? Outfitted, semi or possibly public, but will most likely be flying...PM’s welcome!

25-Nov-19
Thanks for his service.

25-Nov-19
Ft. Leavenworth is reserved for military, as per hunting.

25-Nov-19
Ike,

PM sent with link.

25-Nov-19
Are you looking for information for yourself or your son?

25-Nov-19
Thanks guys, it’s for me Rocky...And yes, you have to be active or retired to hunt the base...

25-Nov-19
or spt contractor working on post, or sponsored as a guest. (if it's like Redstone)

26-Nov-19

Rocky D's embedded Photo
Rocky D's embedded Photo
Here is about the size that you can expect. These were taken on Ft Riley but Leavenworth is about the same. Riley may have more area to hunt and isn’t that far away.

26-Nov-19

Rocky D's embedded Photo
Rocky D's embedded Photo
This year

26-Nov-19

Rocky D's embedded Photo
Rocky D's embedded Photo

26-Nov-19
Very cool, thanks Rocky...

26-Nov-19
Like Russell said, on Redstone Arsenal you can go as a guest with an active duty person... not sure about Leavenworth. On Redstone you have to have a Safety Orientation & purchase a base hunting license in addition to regular state requirements.

27-Nov-19
I've hunted Fort Sill in Oklahoma. My son is stationed there. Don't know whether or not the same rules apply for Levenworth.

27-Nov-19
My dad was stationed at Leavenworth when I was a kid - it had some whopper bucks. We still talk about the cemetery buck he chased during bow season - An absolute giant! Good luck.

Lee

• Sitka Gear