Mudslinger 04-Dec-19
map1 05-Dec-19
Trial153 08-Dec-19
JL 08-Dec-19
BTM 08-Dec-19
Birdman 08-Dec-19
dizzydctr 10-Dec-19
25-Nov-19
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Seven J outfitters ? Thinking about booking a 2021 Elk hunt .

27-Nov-19
I have been hunting with Nelson Outfitters in Sheridan quite a few times in the past. I KNOW They are great!

27-Nov-19
Haha the Nelsons are top notch. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Seven J.

27-Nov-19
I know the Wadells and Blanton crews love Seven J.........they're always hunting with them.

28-Nov-19
I would find an outfitter that is not well known to the tv crowd.

04-Dec-19
Not sure about Seven J, but my buddy went with Big Buck Outfitters and the owner treated him like crap.

05-Dec-19
I would avoid any outfitter who takes TV hunters.

08-Dec-19
Yes I can blame an outfitter if they are giving TV hunters preferential treatment at the expense of paying customers. Using that rationale so that they can sell more hunts to regular paying customers is telling. Those are people we should avoid giving our business too.

08-Dec-19
The thing I noticed about outfitters who frequently promo TV hunters is their prices seem to be higher than other outfitters.

08-Dec-19
"But, if you're in camp with a TV crew, you can count on them acting like a bunch of prima donnas and the outfitter catering to them with his best guides, best locations, etc. Can't blame the outfitter as he's only doing what's in the best interest of his business. Having a good hunt televised is great marketing, even if you have to put up with a bunch or arrogant, know-it-alls who think they're above everybody else because they've chosen to "hunt" for a living by marketing their show to sponsors who pay for commercial time to fund their hobby."

Well said!

08-Dec-19
Might be good advice guys , i'll have to see what outfitter has to say about it .

10-Dec-19
I have to chime in as this post was specifically addressing Seven J Outfitters, at least initially. I have spring turkey hunted with them for 11 straight years, elk hunted with them in 2018, and killed a very nice mule deer and good antelope with them in October of this year(rifle). Deb and Jeff Smith and their guides work hard to ensure their clients have an enjoyable, successful hunt. Otherwise, I would not be returning year after year. In regard to TV hunters and their crews, in all my trips I have only seen Michael Waddell and his group on one occasion, and they were leaving that day. Otherwise it's just been regular Joes like you and me from all walks of life and from all parts of the country. If there is any concern about sharing the camp with TV hunters, I'm sure they would be happy to book you with a different week. I personally wouldn't want to be there with the celebrities also, but feel they are there a small minority of the hunting seasons. I don't believe you could go wrong with Seven J.

• Sitka Gear