Swampbuck 04-Dec-19
butcherboy 04-Dec-19
TD 05-Dec-19
26-Nov-19
Amazon costs me a lot of money.

26-Nov-19

Ucsdryder's Link

26-Nov-19
Those are some very good knives that hold an edge. Great price too.

26-Nov-19
Wow, half the price of the tackle shop I get them from. Thanks for the heads up, just ordered 4. Only make of knives I keep on my boats

26-Nov-19
I went for the semi stiff for breaking down big game. What does everyone prefer?

27-Nov-19
I use a combo of 3 knives everyday. 6” semi-stiff, 5” semi-stiff, and 8” breaking knife. Buy them in boxes with 6 knives per box. I usually go through about 3-4 knives in each size per year.

27-Nov-19
I like a stiff one for boning. Some guys are more semi

27-Nov-19
Yes I think we all like the stiff one for boning. The semi comes with Age.

27-Nov-19
I used to exclusively use Victorinox knives for caping/skinning game. They keep an edge fairly well, inexpensive, and sharpen fairly easily. They hardly take up any room in a pack and are super light weight. Here's one similar to what I use for only $7.00. https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cutlery-Straight-Paring-3-25-Inch/dp/B0019WXPQY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=victorinox+knife&qid=1574863747&s=home-garden&sr=1-4

A couple years ago I switched over to Outdoor Edge knives. They are only around $25 with 4 or 5 replacement blades. A pack of 10 blades is close to $10.00. I've never had a OE blade snap or break like Pirantas….anyway their older models. OE blades tend to last even longer than Victorniox plus are a chunk sharper. At that price I have 4 or 5 OE knives in my truck, shop, pack, etc.

27-Nov-19
Great knives. Have 4 or 5 of the 5" straight semi-flex. Always one in the kill kit. They are worth packing to me to speed up and do a cleaner job of deboning. Great in camp too. I carry one of these, an outdoor edge flip blade with a modified zipper and a piranta in my kit. They are different tools for different purposes and worth the weight and space to me.

27-Nov-19
Its hard to start and finish with one knife on a bull elk, but the butcher type boning knives from Victorinox will do the job, I get a leather guy to make me a scabbard for the knife, that usually cost twice what the knife costs lol

28-Nov-19

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
I found these on eBay or Amazon. They're made specifically for that knife.

29-Nov-19
Those are excellent knives, I use the semi-stiff blade for everything.

03-Dec-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
A plastic report cover or plastic file from an office store, aluminum rivets with aluminum backing washers and you can make half dozen of these for a few dollars. Scissors, hole punch and a rivet gun they go pretty fast. Helps to make a paper pattern to check your fit and design first. They hold up really well, live in the kill kit bag and have never damaged anything. When I give somebody a knife I make a sheath for it.

Even cleaned the knife up for the pics =D (one of the best things about these is how easy they clean up) Didn't want to offend, there's some skiddish folks here for bowhunters....) I like the 5" over the 6". Straight blade turns in the cuts easier, more accurate (but doesn't look as bad azz...) semi-flex. But then I'm a tool whore......

03-Dec-19

Notme's Link
https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en

They're less than 10 minutes away from me..they just had their fall sale and I believe the spring one is in march..knives as little as $5.00

03-Dec-19
I used to make a living cleaning fish with those knives. Still have at least a dozen of them. Excellent workhorse blades.

03-Dec-19
Rapala has filleted a few deer for me over the years ;) Usually about $12=$15 ....Use a rada between fillet work ....

03-Dec-19
Semi-stiff allows you to feel more during the boning. Somehow you just lose too much feel when it's all stiff

03-Dec-19
Got the knife. Super sharp out of the package. I was surprised how sharp it was for a 15 dollar knife.

04-Dec-19

butcherboy's embedded Photo
Taxidermy knives

04-Dec-19

Cutting knives

04-Dec-19

My knife scabbard

04-Dec-19
Butcherboy, I use those first 2 for rigging baits

04-Dec-19
I use the pairing knife and the short curved one for caping, turning lips, nostrils, ears. I use a scalpel to turn the eyes.

05-Dec-19
Is that your belt too?

I like your style....... =D

Cool knives and rig. You prefer the curved blade for deboning? Always great info from a pro, much appreciated.

• Sitka Gear