dakotaduner 02-Dec-19
DEMO-Bowhunter 02-Dec-19
12yards 02-Dec-19
JB 02-Dec-19
JB 02-Dec-19
bentshaft 03-Dec-19
4FINGER 07-Dec-19
28-Nov-19
I was wondering how many have kids, grandkids, or relative kids that bowhunt. I have 2 avid adult bowhunting sons and 1 of 5 grandkids that bowhunt so far. A granddaughter is the bowhunter. I am a little surprised but I see that there are young ladies from this site that bowhunt or hunt. It is my hope that the young people stay interested as they grow older. Bowhunting trips have kept my family closer together over the years and will hopefully continue.............Bob

28-Nov-19

joehunter's embedded Photo
Sons 2019 Wy DIY elk
Sons 2019 Wy DIY elk
Daughters 2019 DIY Wy elk
Daughters 2019 DIY Wy elk

28-Nov-19
Joe,Wow! That ought to keep them interested! Congrats......badbull

28-Nov-19

WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
My three(15,17,19) all bow hunt. Are all members of p&y and Wisconsin bow hunters. They are really busy kids and it makes it real tough in the fall to get them out but they all do. That being said they also gun hunt and are more successful at that which is no surprise I guess. Point is thier having fun and will do it as adults for sure. I have them loaded up in points in Arizona, Wyoming and Colorado so we will definitely have some fun family adventures in the future- good thread!!!!!

28-Nov-19

Starting them young makes a huge difference. My kids all started shooting schaffer silvertip cub bows when they were 3. They’ve never known anything else

28-Nov-19

28-Nov-19

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I started taking my son along at 3 & he is now an accomplished archer/bowhunter I have 1 G-son that has taken Whitetail & Hogs with a bow & another (15) that just arrowed his 1st Deer a few days back (5 pointer). I have a G-daughter(13) that started shooting last year & 1 more (11) asking to try it this summer. My adult Daughter hunted with me for awhile but being a Nurse with 4 kids has put it on hold (baseball, football, basketball now with the kids) I have another adult g-son that bowhunts too. My son has arrowed an Antelope (1st trip for him) & 2 Bucks too this year. I let them ask me to learn as I leave it up to them. I started in 1956 so they get exposed to me shooting & going bowhunting

28-Nov-19

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
Not a bow hunt but here’s my 8 year old glassing for elk on grandpas late season elk hunt.

28-Nov-19
I taught both my daughter and son to hunt and fish. Bows, guns, and fishing rods is where it’s at.

28-Nov-19

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
10 yr old Nolan mcAndrew
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
10 yr old Nolan mcAndrew
4 kids , all Bowhunter’s. Two grandsons have shot deer with their bows. Some as possessed as I am

28-Nov-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I might have a couple bowhunters around here somewhere. Probably eating the rest of my pumpkin pie.

28-Nov-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Getting her ready :)

28-Nov-19
Joe Hunter, with that picture on the internet you guys will never be able to go into politics.

28-Nov-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

28-Nov-19

Brother and Sister having fun!
Brother and Sister having fun!
yea, Shuteye - started out good but went all black face after a little hiking.

28-Nov-19
Shuteye why can't they run for political office?

28-Nov-19
It does me good to see all the youngsters hunting, especially the girls. I’m a firm believer that if our passion survives it has to have female support.

28-Nov-19

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
2019 Buck
2019 Buck
2019 Turkey
2019 Turkey
I have 2 kids, one boy that is 12, and a girl that is 11. My son has no desire to hunt. He fishes with me, although probably wouldn't call it his passion.

On the flipside, my daughter loves it, and asks to go all the time. She has a cow elk tag starting in a few days here in Idaho. She killed a buck this year, one last year, a cougar (incidental take), and a turkey. She's also missed a couple of shots one at bear (gun mishap), and at elk last year (her mishap). I bought her a bow a couple years ago but she can only pull about 25 pounds so far. Her goal is to take her first big game animal with a bow.

28-Nov-19

Gingers 2018 buck
Gingers 2018 buck
Gingers 2018 Cat
Gingers 2018 Cat
Here are my daughters 2018 animals.

29-Nov-19

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Both my kids bowhunt.

29-Nov-19

29-Nov-19
I am enjoying the responses and great pics. There seems to be a lot of like-minded people on here that care and give time and effort to their young. Great to see how proud all are as they should be........,Bob

29-Nov-19

greg simon's embedded Photo
greg simon's embedded Photo
My 15 year old son loves to bowhunt!

29-Nov-19
Shuteye just have to do it in Canada

29-Nov-19
RK, according to the better than everyone else, politically correct, enlightened, great ones; If you are of a light skin tone and you have ever done anything to make any portion of your face appear darker you are officially a banished from society cretin for all eternity!!!

29-Nov-19

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
At a birthday party the other day I ask my oldest granddaughter who is now 12, and was 8 years old when treestand photo was taken, if she wanted to gun hunt next week, and she said no, doesn't have time with her busy social schedule...8^)

Oh well, I thought I had her as a hunter growing up, but now kinda looks like that ain't going to happen, she's too busy with her social life...8^)

29-Nov-19

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
I think I still have a chance with my oldest grandson, he's now 7 and I asked him at the party, but he said he was still too little to hunt...8^)

Photo taken a couple years ago and was our first little hunt together, should have seen his bulging eyes when I knocked the squirrel out of the tree with a .410... Squirrel was way atop a oak tree and bounced off a bunch of limbs on the way down...

29-Nov-19
My kids are adults now. Over the years, I exposed them to all of the outdoor opportunities and let them choose method of take. Like I mentioned above, they do it all. My daughter even married a fella that enjoys fishing, bowhunting and rifle hunting. For those that force their kids to be like them, well, you may in for a rude awakening.

Just get them out there when they are young, make it fun and let them 'make their own tracks'

29-Nov-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Since Scoot is having some fun maybe I will too:-) Love seeing all the kids out in the outdoors!

29-Nov-19

KyleSS's embedded Photo
KyleSS's embedded Photo
Four generations from this November

29-Nov-19
Thanks for passing it on fellas!

29-Nov-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I’m hoping my 5 Year old daughter will Be! She says she wants to but we will see

29-Nov-19

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
Bowhunting has been a great activity for my sons and grandsons and I.

When their parents determine they are ready to start a little more serious archery, I take the child to the local pro shop and get them fitted for a youth bow that will grow with them until they think they need to upgrade. Most of them have taken whitetail deer with that first bow. Boys and girls get a bow from me, but so far the girls have not taken up bowhunting, even though they enjoy shooting with us. Seven grandsons and three granddaughters are shooting; four grandsons and six granddaughters yet to go.

We are fortunate to have prime whitetail habitat on our farms and a great spot to set up our own 3D course (around 20 targets).From a recent 3D shoot on Labor Day:

From Left to Right: grandson, grandson, son-in-law, grandson-in-law, me, son, grandson, and grandson.

Two of my sons, a son-in-law, and two grandsons currently bowhunting are not pictured.

I'm 6'-1" and 255. They are making me look small.

30-Nov-19

Bowman CE's embedded Photo
Hannah at 13
Hannah at 13
This is Bad Bull Bob’s older son. I am so appreciative to have been able to spend every year from childhood bow hunting with my dad and brother (I am 53 and we have hunted every year from 12 years old). The time spent with dad in the outdoors is priceless. Here are some photos of the granddaughter that he mentioned who joined us on a few antelope bow hunts. Hope that my sons (14 and 15) build excitement. They are shooting and planning to join me this year to spend hunting time with me and grandpa.

30-Nov-19

Hannah at 20
Hannah at 20

30-Nov-19

Hannah at 21
Hannah at 21

30-Nov-19

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo

30-Nov-19

The girls at a 3d shoot with me this fall. They had a great of time and can’t wait to do another.
The girls at a 3d shoot with me this fall. They had a great of time and can’t wait to do another.

30-Nov-19
Glad to see all the "kids" involved. Mine were offered/given the chance, but no archers evolved. My son hunted with a rifle a few years, but just wasn't for him. Neither gave me any "grandkids", just dogs and cats.

30-Nov-19

Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
I've had the pleasure of introducing bowhunting to my dad, wife, son, brother and nephews and continue to enjoy bowhunting with them.

30-Nov-19

Marty's embedded Photo
Marty's embedded Photo
2 boys and a daughter in law!.

30-Nov-19
Lots of happy kids and grownups with smiling faces on here. Really nice to see the kids outdoors. Thanks to all that are sharing..........Bob

01-Dec-19

Hessticles's embedded Photo
Had this bow made for my one daughter! Hopefully they will both want to hunt when they get older! They both show alot of interest already!

01-Dec-19

01-Dec-19

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Not bow hunting but my off spring this morning! With a nice CO muley.

01-Dec-19
Heck yeah John! Tell her congrats!

02-Dec-19

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
My youngest boy killed his first couple deer this year. He said next year he wants to get one with a bow. So I am setting up my 50# Synergy for him next year. Trying to guess what his draw length will be next year so I stocked up on different mods.

02-Dec-19

DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
My boys 1st treestand sit this weekend.
My boys 1st treestand sit this weekend.
My kids 2019 hunting season
My kids 2019 hunting season
The two oldest practicing shooting out of the blinds
The two oldest practicing shooting out of the blinds
A little 3D practice
A little 3D practice
I have been introducing my kids to deer hunting for the past few years (10, 8 & 7). I let them hunt with a crossbow, gun and compound bow, knowing they will have a ton of fun and hopefully fall in love with the sport. Then they can choose the weapon of choice that fits their personality.

My boy (8) is the only one that is pulling enough weight to hunt with a compound at the moment. My oldest daughter told me this weekend that she is only gonna hunt with the crossbow because she likes the deer closer.

They all three were successful this season. My boy got his third deer in as many seasons, my oldest got her second buck in three years and my youngest got her first deer in her first season.

My boy had his first solo tree stand sit this weekend and figured out it's a lot more difficult to shoot a possum from a tree than it is in a trap... It was 35*, windy and he didn't take any electronics out to the stand, but he was warm, had fun and could talk to me on the radio while I hunted 100 yards away.

I have had a ton of fun getting them in the outdoors and I know we are creating memories that will last us all a lifetime.

02-Dec-19
DEMO, glad to see the "lifeline" on your son's stand/tree. Have always had some reservations with kids being too young, but looks like you might be doing things right. Congratulations to your kids and to you! Memories being made and never be forgotten!

02-Dec-19

Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
Start 'em young!! Spring 2006.
Start 'em young!! Spring 2006.
Spring 2019
Spring 2019
I've hunted with my son since he was 3 years old, with him taking his first big game animal when he was 5. So many great moments. Took a great bear this spring and we leave for NM for Oryx after Christmas. Man they grow up fast!

He'll probably start university next fall, so the next few years will suck, but at least I know the foundation is there and will wait patiently for him to take dad out in the future!!

02-Dec-19
Great topic, well done, great looking families

02-Dec-19

Arlone, Yeah, we have lifelines on every tree stand we have on our property. He's in a youth rock climbing harness that I clipped into the prussic knot when I helped him up the ladder stand. I wouldn't let him hunt out of a hang on yet, but these ladders have pretty good hand rails to help keep them on the platform.

I must be doing something right, when I mentioned to him that he could hunt on stand by himself, he ran down stairs, put on all his gear and grabbed his bow. He said he needed to practice a little to make sure his clothes didn't mess up his shooting... Oh, and it was the last day of gun season and he wanted to try filling his "doe" permit with his bow!

02-Dec-19
For the love of God Demo-Bowhunter don't let your son grip his bow like Pat!

02-Dec-19

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
I have a couple of hunting daughters. One will stick and not sure on the other. Didn’t think any would bowhunt, but my son in law got my oldest daughter to start shooting. My better half and I figured we would follow suit and buy a bow for their daughter. Excited to have 3 generations of bowhunters going!

02-Dec-19

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo

03-Dec-19
I have 2 grown sons that bowhunt, my youngest son usually only hunts with a bow. Two grandchildren from my oldest that gun hunt, the youngest (12), I think he'll take to the bow.

07-Dec-19

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
5 sons...all but 1 hunt...15 Grandchildren most are still too young to hunt...But...they All Love to Fish :)...4finger

• Sitka Gear