spike78 29-Nov-19
Yellowjacket 30-Nov-19
WapitiBob 30-Nov-19
midwest 30-Nov-19
spike78 30-Nov-19
APauls 01-Dec-19
midwest 02-Dec-19
29-Nov-19
Is anyone shooting the ultrashort bows like Gearhead or Liberty? I remember a thread from a while back with a couple guys getting them. Has your opinion changed? Have some big game kills with them?

29-Nov-19
I shot a Gearhead bow once, was actually very surprised how well it shot. It's not for me, but was very surprised how well it did and wouldn't say it's a gimmick for everyone.

29-Nov-19
Iv never shot a gear head never even heard of liberty but Iv never heard anyone that didn’t like their gear head after shooting it awhile.

29-Nov-19
Yup still shooting my Gearhead T20. I’m from MA so no deer down with it yet lol but I like the bow. I will say it is not forgiving as much as a longer ATA bow if you have a habit of torquing. It is well made fast for its size and great customer service. It definitely has a lot of advantages for hunting in blinds, saddles, stalking, long walks to stand, and you can buy a backpack from them that fits the entire bow inside which makes it great for guys who use bikes, atvs, etc.

29-Nov-19
Two other advantages I just remembered are if your short like me it is easier to shoot out of a climber with the railing and easier to maneuver in a hemlock with limbs.

29-Nov-19
That’s kind of surprising to me, since I’ve never had a problem shooting a 62 inch recurve out of a climber… With a bar…

My shortest bow is 52” ... But I do wish I had a two-piece take down longbow that I could drop into my back quiver for rapid transit on a bike....

29-Nov-19
I believe Roger Raglan was shooting a very, very short bow - I think it was a Gear Head, not positive tho?

29-Nov-19
Yup he shoots the T24 I believe which is 24” ATA. They make them in 18”, 20”, 24” and I believe 34-36”.

30-Nov-19
Friend of mine has won the CBA Jamboree long shot competition 3 years running with a Gearhead T18. Last year at 130 yards. The bow must be capable if the shooter is.

30-Nov-19
Don't do it Nick.

30-Nov-19
lol....was just curious. I was thinking about a whitetail bow to go with my hang n hunt set up. 25 yds and under.

30-Nov-19
Why not? Hold and shoot one before you judge.

01-Dec-19
I think they shoot fine. Friend of mine has one. My question would be why? Is going that short really going to change anything about the way you use it? Are you going to pack it in differently? Will it go inside your backpack? Or inside your pocket? Or is wherever you put it going to be the exact same place you could have put a “normal” bow? Does going to a bow that is “in a different game” allow you in any way to “change your game?”

If so, giver. If not, just realize that you’ll be hunting the exact same way, just with a shorter bow. And it will have cost you $________, and not everyone has parts when you need help.

02-Dec-19
Yeah, I could just get a new Mathews and have the same thing. lol

• Sitka Gear