bentshaft 20-Dec-19
SteveB 20-Dec-19
elmer@laptop 21-Dec-19
midwest 21-Dec-19
nehunter 21-Dec-19
JL 22-Dec-19
29-Nov-19

Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
Last year's Auction Winner Doug with son Zane and Zane's Bear!!
Last year's Auction Winner Doug with son Zane and Zane's Bear!!

Adrenaline Russ's Link
Hello Fellow Bowsiters,

Deer season is wrapping up in Manitoba, so it’s time for the Annual Christmas Auction!! Shelley and I are excited to run this auction (started by Ron and Jeannine Dare) for another year.

The rules will be the same as in the past:

1. Bowsite, it's owners, employees, and its sponsors are not affiliated, or responsible for this auction or any issues regarding from it, nor will be held liable if any problems arise.

2. Adrenaline Outfitters Ltd. will not receive any monies generated from this auction. All funds generated from this auction will be donated to the charity of the winning bidders choice.

3. The Auction will run until 15:00:00 CST, December 20, 2019. If the bidding slows down prior to that, Shelley and I will give a 24 hour notice for the Auction to be closed.

4. You are bidding on an all-inclusive hunt, with tags and taxes included. This hunt may be taken in 2020 or 2021 available dates (please contact me for availability). At this time, it will probably be 2021 as we have only 4 available spots for 2020.

5. This is not a leftover or fill in hunt. You pick your dates (based on current openings at time of Auction close).

6. To claim your hunt, the Auction winner must donate to their charity of choice, their full bidded amount, then produce the tax deductible receipt showing the date and amount donated. Once that is provided, we will confirm your hunt dates and complete all booking forms.

Shelley and I would like to thank Bowsite for providing this opportunity to us.

If you have any questions about the hunt, travel, logistics, etc., please ask on this thread in case others had the same question.

Good luck and thanks in advance to all bidders.

Russ and Shelley Mehling/Adrenaline Outfitters Ltd.

29-Nov-19
I’ll start it off at $2000.

—jim

01-Dec-19
Great start JTreeman!

Jeannine and I always felt this was a way for us to give back and create our own feel good gift to ourselves at Christmas with running the Christmas Auction.. Seeing it continue is awesome. If anyone is skeptical, let me say here an now, Russ has absolutely the best bear area in Manitoba in my opinion. I came to this conclusion with the opportunity to guide there last spring for a short time. When I first started guiding back in I believe 1980, that area was always our biggest producer of bears and the biggest bears.

Good luck to Russ, Shelley and the winning bidder.

01-Dec-19
I'll take it to $2500.

01-Dec-19
Make it $2600.00

01-Dec-19
Ok, twist my arm, I’ll do $2700.

—jim

01-Dec-19
$3,000.00

Rich

02-Dec-19

Here is Doug's (last years auction winner) with his other son Samuel with Samuel's first bear!
Here is Doug's (last years auction winner) with his other son Samuel with Samuel's first bear!
Happy December Bowsiters.

Hate to add more rules to the Auction, but when you are bidding, please name the charity you intend to donate to. Part of the fun last year was seeing all the worthy causes everyone listed. And who knows, it may lead to more donations for that particular charity.

Back to bidding...

02-Dec-19
Russ, forgot that part.

St. Judes Children's Hospital

02-Dec-19
I would like to bid $3300 for St. JUDE Children's hospital.

02-Dec-19
Hey Ken!! Thanks for the bid, good luck!!

I'll post openings for 2020 and 2021 tomorrow after I confirm a few more things.

Russ - Adrenaline Outfitters

03-Dec-19
$3500 to Prichard Prep

03-Dec-19

Good to see you bidding Logan! Good Luck!!

For 2020, we have 4 tags available, and these are the dates that are available:

May 4-8, up to 4 spots.

May 11-15, 1 spot.

June 8-12, up to 4 spots.

For 2021, this is what is available:

May 10-14, up to 4 spots.

May 17-21, up to 6 spots.

May 24-28, 1 spot.

June 7-11, up to 6 spots.

June 14-18, up to 4 spots.

All these dates/openings are subject to change.

Russ Mehling/Adrenaline Outfitters

04-Dec-19

Adrenaline Russ's Link
Speaking of Auction Hunts, this is the Pope & Young Auction Winner from the hunt we donated to Pope & Young this past April. Cindy has hunted with us for many years and got a GREAT deal on this hunt!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5oaTkClN8I/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Russ Mehling/Adrenaline Outfitters

05-Dec-19
How about $4,000 to CHAS. https://chascalgary.ca/ If you add up all the donations for this hunt, then I will match them. If I win this hunt, PM me or Russ and I will donate the hunt to the best cause.

05-Dec-19
I’m not in a position to play, but I’m cheering from the bleachers.

Good luck and good wishes to all!!!

Merry Christmas a little early.

06-Dec-19
tthomas......Bam!!!!!!!! Tom won our first auction years ago. Well done sir.

06-Dec-19
Orionsbrother

I bet guys like you give back in more ways than we can imagine. One might not be in a position to donate money to great causes but others like you, volunteer, reach out, donate some wild meat to less fortunate or just help someone in the parking lot with their groceries. Just commenting and cheering is of great support to what Russ is trying to achieve with his generous donation of this hunt. The community of bowhunters and their generosity is truly amazing. If my involvement raises some money for some great causes then I will know that it has made a difference. If it motivates a few people to reach out and do something special then you are right, Merry Christmas a bit early. Your friend, Tom.

06-Dec-19
Outstanding!

06-Dec-19
WOW! Tom, that's incredible stuff. Thanks for your generosity.

06-Dec-19
Fantastic, thank you!

06-Dec-19
Tons of respect Tom.

And thank you Russ.

Glad to see people do good deeds in creative ways.

Kudos

07-Dec-19
Heck of an offer by tthomas. That should put us all in a giving mood!

07-Dec-19
5,000 I’m in

07-Dec-19
Thanks for the bid Roger. What it the charity?

Russ/Adrenaline Outfitters

08-Dec-19
Love this and the generosity from both the outfitter and hunters..

08-Dec-19
Wow! This is amazing what folks here do to help others. Congrats to all.

09-Dec-19

Happy Monday Everyone!! Looks like the bidding is going well. Only 11 days left!!

I've had some PM's regarding Tom's generous offer and if there is a point to bidding if Tom is going to match the sum of the bids and win anyway.

Shell and I have always tried to live with a policy to 'out-give' whenever possible, so on the weekend we decided to adjust the 'rules' of the Auction.

If Tom does (and after messaging him, I expect he will) end up matching the sum of the bids, he will win a hunt to do with as he pleases. Let's crank up the bids and get Tom's chequebook smoking!

A second hunt will be given to the highest bidder. Currently we are at $5000, so let's keep it moving!!

Reminder to those bidding to include the charity you are donating to.

Have a great week everyone,

Russ & Shelley Mehling/Adrenaline Outfitters

09-Dec-19
Good stuff everyone! Props to TThomas I am looking forward to my charity auction hunt won last Christmas with Russ and Adrenaline this May!

09-Dec-19
$5100 to Pope and Young.

10-Dec-19
Hey Steve, with the weather Manitoba woke up to this morning, I'm looking forward to your hunt in May also!!

Thanks for the bid Dan!

Russ/Adrenaline Outfitters

12-Dec-19

8 days left!!

13-Dec-19
So many awesome and generous folks here. This is the charity I am supporting. Will send Russ a copy of our donation. Children’s Hospital Aid Society (CHAS) is a charity that supports and fund raises for other children’s charities in the Alberta region and provides structural improvements, equipment, research, and programs to children in the community. This charity is one that we have been involved with for six years, and want to give back to children who are in need.

This year, one of the charities that CHAS is working with decided they wanted to implement a matching program to help them raise enough funds to update the birthing ward at one of the local Calgary hospitals. 1 out of every 8 babies born is in need of special care, whether there was an issue with the birth or a health defect, this is a problem that no family wants to face. I cannot imagine the feeling a mother and father must have when their newborn is faced with a health issue, and their future seems unknown . I am making the donation to CHAS who will escalate the donation to Calgary Health Trust. Because of the matching program that Calgary Health Trust is offering until the end of 2019, this donation will be matched. The charity is looking to raise $2.5MM in donations by the end of 2019, and will match the entirety.

Not everyone has to make a financial donation, and I know so many Bowsiters are so generous and do so much in so many ways. Many give their time to volunteer, you are making a difference. Just adding this up Russ and his company have instigated some $28,000 in donations so far. It will likely go higher. Get your bid/donation amounts in. I will try to match them all with my final bid.

16-Dec-19

OK Bowsiters,

5 days left! I know not much will happen until the last day, but wanted to keep this near the top.

Just wanted to remind everyone that even though I need a copy of the donation receipt, your name goes on the receipt so you benefit both ways - by getting the hunt and being able to claim your donation!!

Let's bid it up!!

Russ & Shelley (and Luke) Mehling - Adrenaline Outfitters

16-Dec-19
I will bid $5,200 to the Karen P. Nakon Breast Cancer Foundation. The foundation provides helps to breast cancer families in need with things like their mortgage payment, utilities, ect. . The complete board of all volunteers. They have attorneys on the board who volunteer time to cover those type of expenses. The only paid employee is a part time administer that works out of their home for a nonmal salary. They hold a couple of fund raisers a year and the cost for the administer are covered by that. 100% of this donation would go to families in need.

16-Dec-19
Thanks Cliff!

17-Dec-19

4 more days...

Friday, December 20th, 2019, 15:00:00 Central

17-Dec-19
Great stuff guys.

17-Dec-19
$25,000 to the CHAS / NICU matching raising initiative and will match all the above donations as well.

17-Dec-19
TThomas. You have obviously been very successful in your career as well as hunting but your generosity in this auction goes above and beyond again. All of these charities will reap the rewards of yours success and generosity. When you stopped posting on here it was a loss to us all to not be able to live your hunts. But this is proof that you haven’t stopped giving and being a positive impact on the world in general. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do. Your advice to me through pm’s in the past helped me to experience some great adventures.

17-Dec-19
hunter x2! Tom is one hell of a guy. Incredible!

17-Dec-19
Hunter12345 X 2. He is a good guy.....but I think that he is due for another charity fight in the ring.....YKWIS?!!

17-Dec-19

17-Dec-19

17-Dec-19
Tom and Russ. Kudos to both of you! Thank you. Your generosity will be well received and used by CHAS.

17-Dec-19
Ducked back in to cheer you guys on! Good stuff!!

Best to you all!

18-Dec-19
Some amazing people in this thread!! Awesome to see.

18-Dec-19

18-Dec-19
Oh and there is jake. another poster who contributed to some large outfitter bills...with memories to match. Thank you as well for the advice and bad influence! Wish we could read more of your current adventures as well.

18-Dec-19

Starting the hour meter now...55 hours and counting.

Current high bid (excluding tthomas' match) is $5200. Last year we were over $5500, will be interesting to see if we top that!!

Russ/Shelley Mehling - Adrenaline Outfitters

19-Dec-19

31 hours.....

I want to remind everyone that due to tthomas' generosity, there is a 2nd hunt available. If tthomas matches the sum of everyone's highest bids, he will win the first hunt - and he is already promised to donate that hunt to a worthy cause, I'll explain later.

The next highest bidder will win the second hunt! There are many reasons to bid, but donating to your cause and jacking up tthomas' bid are two very good ones. So far, tthomas is matching:

JTreeman - $2700 deerslayer - $2500 skippy - $2600 treestandwolf - $3000 (St. Jude's) irishwhiskey1 - $3300 (St. Jude's) ironman79 - $3500 (Prichard Prep) roger that - $5000 dan evenson - $5100 (Pope & Young) goyt - $5200 (Karen P Nakon Breast Cancer Foundation) TOTAL for tthomas to match = $32,900.00

Time to finish strong guys...

Russ and Shelley - Adrenaline Outfitters

19-Dec-19
Hunter12345 X10 on tthomas

20-Dec-19

Giant early season visitor! Only 4 months away!!
Giant early season visitor! Only 4 months away!!

Adrenaline Russ's Link
Last Day Bowsiters!! About 7 hours left!

When my computer shows 3:00:00pm Central, I will hit refresh and declare the winner(s), so let's see if we can beat last years' number!

Russ and Shelley - Adrenaline Outfitters

20-Dec-19
Great stuff....kudos to all involved

20-Dec-19
goyt's leading at $5200...less than 2 hours remaining...

20-Dec-19
30 minutes left...

20-Dec-19
20 minutes left...

I guess this is where I say, 'going once...'

20-Dec-19
...going twice...

20-Dec-19
Sold!

Not as crazy a finish as last year, but still a good chunk of funds raised for some worthy charities!! I will get in contact with goyt and confirm the hunt. I have already touched base with tthomas and he has graciously donated his hunt to a wounded veteran.

Check back on the 2020 Adrenaline Outfitter Spring Update and we'll see how these hunts play out.

Thanks everyone who followed this and thanks to Pat and Bowsite for allowing us to use this forum to raise some cash.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Russ, Shelley and Luke Mehling - Adrenaline Outfitters

20-Dec-19
Merry Christmas to you!

20-Dec-19
Great thread! And charitable.

20-Dec-19
Congratulations Russ for continuing this Bowsite tradition. It’s quite an unselfish thing you guys are doing and just imagine the lives that have been and will be touched by this generous act. Kudos to the donors and the givers this year! You just dont see things like this very often in today’s world and belonging to a group that gives like this makes me even more thankful!

21-Dec-19
That is awesome!!

21-Dec-19
congrats goyt!

21-Dec-19
I wouldn't count "Roger That" as a real bid.

He was removed from the CT thread. I hope he does come through but don't count on it.

22-Dec-19
Congrats to all and well done!

• Sitka Gear