Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
yooper89 29-Nov-19
Trophyhill 29-Nov-19
huntinelk 29-Nov-19
yooper89 29-Nov-19
Kurt 29-Nov-19
29-Nov-19
I'm looking at picking up a Montana Black Gold sight and came across the Verdict. On BlackOvis, they're selling the sight with a dovetail mount for $245, whereas the Verdict listed on Sportsman's Warehouse (for $215) does not have the dovetail mount. I've never had a dovetail mount on a sight before and was curious what difference it made? Does the dovetail just allow the sight to extend out further?

Thanks!

29-Nov-19
I believe so. Supposedly increasing accuracy according to the experts. I picked up a BG site with the dovetail frame recently too. Pin spacing is wider with the site fully extended. Gonna take some getting used too.

29-Nov-19
There is a 4" and 6" dovetail that is available. The 4" is almost the same as the regular mount.

29-Nov-19
Thanks fellas. I’ve heard nothing but good things about MBG so want to give them a shot if I can.

29-Nov-19
I have used a 4” dovetail on a Verdict Ascent, then converted it to the lighter Whitetail base. The dovetail allows you to remove the sight for travel if you like and it indexes perfectly when reinstalled. You can easily adjust it in and out to get a “perfect” halo around the sight ring from your peep.

That said it was a bit heavier and I run mine totally collapsed so chose the lighter Whitetail base. MBG are good sights, bright pins and their customer service is outstanding.

• Sitka Gear