TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo

TREESTANDWOLF's Link
This has to be more than a Pa. record!

Wow.

30-Nov-19
That is a biggun!

30-Nov-19
Always interesting what might be lurking in the woods behind ones house. Watch your back. Wow, great bear and congrats to the bow hunter. my best, Paul

30-Nov-19
They sure kill some monsters in PA, NJ, etc.

30-Nov-19
Beautiful bear too

30-Nov-19
If he would move that wall, he could get further back when exaggerating photos. ??

30-Nov-19
What is more amazing.........The monster bear or the comment immediately preceding this one.

30-Nov-19
There is a website link before the wall.....,

Geez

30-Nov-19
Yikes! Had no idea blacks here that big! What's in the water in PA?

30-Nov-19
I kinda have to agree with 7-08.... that’s one HUGE freaking bear, and that photo makes it look like just another long-arm photo of a run-of-the-mill specimen.

Great bear, crappy photo.

30-Nov-19
Seen this before, the article says 2010 updated 2015

30-Nov-19
But did he get a pass through??

It just boggles my mind that there are black bears waking around that would make the grizzlies I’m used to look like dinks.

30-Nov-19
This Bear was killed in 2010 and had been fed pastries for 17 years by a fella who worked at a local resort.

30-Nov-19
So it was the junk food that killed him!

Or should we just not be surprised that a guy who would shoot a resort Dump Bear to bag the Record would be someone who’d long-arm the Hero Shot??

30-Nov-19
Sure was 2010.... there where several others around that weight taken.

All in all, pastries, garbage, whatever... couldn’t imagine seeing that bear walking.

Must have been as big as a VW

30-Nov-19
Damn donut shops.......

01-Dec-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
They got another over 800 lbs in rifle season this year not far from where this bear shot. Just over the border in Monroe Co in Smithfield Township. That makes 7 bears over 800 lbs taken in Pa. over the years.

01-Dec-19
Met his brother once while hunting/visiting my ex's gma. Showed me much better pics than the one shown. It was unbelievably huge.

I'll never forget that trip. It was the first/only time I've seen someone use a chainsaw to cut pond ice while setting traps. It may be normal to you all up north but I'm from NC. I thought the dude was crazy

01-Dec-19
Geeez, how did you think we cut holes in ice to spear sturgeon!!!!

Thought everybody knew that ;)

02-Dec-19
I know I know but for a southern boy it was nuts.

02-Dec-19
if that man is 6' tall, that bear is 18' tip to tip and is 3,000 pounds

06-Dec-19
Got to remember that Bear's in that area and down South don't hibernate. So they are eating 365 days of the year.

06-Dec-19
Not true NE, they sleep for quite a while in PA. Dec until April usually. Even bears in the south den up for a few months.

This is a great video by ledgendary PA Bear Biologist Gary Alt:

06-Dec-19
Not 100% of our bears sleep straight through the whole 5 months, most do. Some are seen on nice winter days walking around. I've seen one on a not-nice February day. But our bears hibernate.

06-Dec-19
Bears don't hibernate. They enter a state of torpor.

06-Dec-19
yep, they are not true hibernators...........................some will go in and out of their dens all winter.

And just to clarify.....................................................it was shot with a crossbow(multiple times) the first year they became legal in the Pa Archery season.

06-Dec-19
That, is a GINORMOUS animal!

06-Dec-19
Yes you guys are correct. Even if they don't come out of the den, they are often times awake in there. So yeah, not "hibernating"

06-Dec-19
Shot with a crossbow...........sooo that means it doesnt qualify as a bow kill, right? Just as an "arrow kill" ? Was it a gun kill? No Was it a sling shot kill? No Was it a spear kill? No

Was it an arrow kill? yes So, it was a bow kill? No So what kind of device launched the arrow? .........A CROSS______&%$%$%%#. So it was bow kill then????

06-Dec-19
That is a giant Ursus Americanus!

• Sitka Gear