Shaft2Long 01-Dec-19
Franklin 01-Dec-19
BGbasbhat 02-Dec-19
Pat Lefemine 02-Dec-19
Grey Ghost 02-Dec-19
Shaft2Long 02-Dec-19
aDrenalinJunkie21 02-Dec-19
01-Dec-19
So last year, I decided to upgrade from a Mathews Drenalin I got when I was 16 and bought a Vertix - it's awesome, I've killed 4 deer with it already, and it's a fantastic bow.

Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone shot the VRX and the Vertix? My original plan was to wait until 2020 to buy a new bow, and I caved after testing the Vertix for a friend. So I'm curious to know if I really left a lot on the table by caving. Not that it will change anything, I'll be shooting the Vertix for a decade roughly.

01-Dec-19
It’s just a guess but if you compared the vertix and the traverse last year the VXR probably feels like the traverse did when and if you shot it.

01-Dec-19
IMO....the advances in the new bows will be incremental and minor in the grand scheme of things. I think the "earth shattering breakthroughs" have already happened.

02-Dec-19
what Franklin said

02-Dec-19
I have shot and reviewed both bows. In my honest opinion, the VXR is a shorter version of the Vertix. If I had a 28" or shorter draw length, and was shopping for a new bow I would buy the VXR all day long. If I bought the Vertix last year, and love it, then there is no need to buy the VXR. I would hold onto the Vertix. They are both fantastic bows. The differences between the two are incremental as Franklin already mentioned.

02-Dec-19
OP,

What differences did you notice with the Vertix compared to the Drenalin? I'm still shooting my Drenalin, and it's still deadly accurate, but I'm starting to get the itch for a new bow.

Matt

02-Dec-19
You’ll have a much more efficient cam system. You’ll pick up a lot of speed. A much better back wall and a better grip. Also the 31.5 is a inch and a half longer than the vertix.

02-Dec-19
Grey Ghost I sent you a Pm with more detailed analysis from someone who went from Drenalin to Vertix.

Everyone’s comments are confirming my suspicion that I don’t think I made a “bad” choice by jumping the string a little bit on my decision to upgrade.

• Sitka Gear