LINK 06-Dec-19
GhostBird 06-Dec-19
76aggie 06-Dec-19
BigOzzie 06-Dec-19
Rut Nut 06-Dec-19
Wildman 06-Dec-19
WHOCARES 06-Dec-19
04-Dec-19
Sitting on my deer stand at sunset today, I wondered, how many times can a guy wipe his nose on the back of his Sitka glove before he should wash it? You know, on a wintery day how your nose can drip a little. I've used mine over a week now and wondering if I get another week out of it. How about you guys? Do you think a wool glove would last longer or not? Now, don't be denying you do that! I been around awhile. And I'm hoping this thread doesn't go the way of the Michigan baiting or Hoyt review threads. Those are sad.

04-Dec-19
a friend that does a lot of goose hunting sews a small patch of sheep wool on is sleeve for such a time.

04-Dec-19
That is funny, use to all the time. Now just keep a bandanna in my pocket. No more crusties on my glove or sleeve

04-Dec-19
A heck of a bunch. And then I double it cause I just switch hands and use them both up before washing.

04-Dec-19
Lol...I’ve wondered the same!

04-Dec-19
That wool glove gets rough on the nose:( And now that I wear eye glasses more care is needed, that's stuff hard to get off the eye glasses when froze!

04-Dec-19
Just FYI most outdoor research gloves come with a nice soft spot in just the right place to keep the flowing snot wiped off. Not joking they really do just for that reason.

I have a huge pair that I use to walk in and out of the woods when its extremely cold that has a snot spot on each glove. Come to think about it I have never washed those. Now I'm kinda grossed out, thanks a lot guys.

04-Dec-19
I’m kind of bilingual, in that I used both the back of my fleece glove and, most often, a bandanna. It would be interesting to know the weight differential of the bandanna, from the beginning of the set till the end of it. One trick I do to be more efficient on the stand is, when I blow my nose into the bandanna, I try to imitate a snort/wheeze sequence as well. Works every time........almost;-)

04-Dec-19
Before you ask Troy, yah I been wiping my eyes more the last few days, too.

04-Dec-19
I have a bandana in my pocket too but sometimes its too much work to drag it out when you're busy staring at at nothing.

04-Dec-19
I’m trying to turn over a new leaf, Chuck! I figgered you Minnesota guys already had callouses from wiping back the tears for years!! ;-)

04-Dec-19
You wash your gloves??? Hmm, interesting. I usually just let my nose run until I can lick it off my mustache. ;)

04-Dec-19
Oh geez Brian, that's gross ............. oh, ahhh, I guess I ahh sometimes do that too.

I now carry a couple paper towels with me and just hang them on a branch as I use them, after a while they either freeze (really cold) or kind of dry out and you can keep using them over and over.

04-Dec-19
Just pinch one nostril closed and blow hard out of the other. Repeat on the opposite side. The trick is to blow air out really hard or it gets in your beard, your jacket, pants, and your boots. You can make it imitate a wheeze and then a snort. Lol

04-Dec-19
used to be a bandana for me, but now I keep one of those soft lint free terry towels in my pocket. Way softer, easily washable and cheap to replace if its to disgusting! I have used one for way more nasty things than wiping my nose in a pinch!

04-Dec-19
LOL, just was having this discussion with my granddaughter. She thinks hankies are gross. I told her let it run down my mustache and lick it off if frozen it's a Popsicle. She was totally grossed out. LOL, still use a snot rag usually a couple per day.

04-Dec-19
I just snort it out. Plug one side and snort, then the other. Double duty. Keeps my clothes clean and sounds like a deer too. :^)

04-Dec-19
"I just snort it out. Plug one side and snort, then the other. Double duty. Keeps my clothes clean and sounds like a deer too. :^)"

AKA - "the snot rocket"

I am surprised nobody has invented a gadget to take care of this problem. Oh wait - they did... It's called the hanky! and they are easy to re-wash. I always keep one in my pack and when I have to use it replace with a clean one for next hunt. Mine are mostly plain white, but mossy oak breakup or realtree HD would be nice.

04-Dec-19
Funny. This week I had 2 sets of Kuiu gloves stolen off my back deck by a pack rat. Rat bastard!!!

04-Dec-19
Just tear a piece of tissue off and stuff it in your nose. Change as needed.

Attractive and makes the kill photos more interesting.

05-Dec-19
You guys wash your gloves? Heck, I've worn the same pair all year and they are just fine (I guess I did wash them when I got back from AK). What's a little snot on the back of a glove? :)

05-Dec-19
Brian M xs two..

05-Dec-19
I have some camo bandannas, had ‘em for a long time. You neantherthals need to get with it !

06-Dec-19
Play with the snot on your skin for instant hydration on a dry cold day.

06-Dec-19
I move on to the sleeve in short order. The mitts that have snot wipes gross me out because it's a soft patch that fills up after about one wipe. After that it just feels like you're wiping your nose in snot. My one uncle has a longer nose and he has the perfect length to always drip in his open binocular eye cups lol. That sucks.

06-Dec-19
Butcher boy I was hunting yesterday evening with my daughter. There were three bucks around us a dusk with no shot opportunities. As they wondered off a ways I cleared my nose like you do. Let’s say it was a good thing my daughter had her harness on as she about came unglued not knowing what was happening.

06-Dec-19
The worst thing is when you are wearing glommets or whatever they are called. You know, the glove with the mitten over it that can fold back and Velcro open. You go to wipe your runny, cold, half raw nose and wipe it across the Velcro patch. If you haven't done this, trust me, it is not pleasant.

06-Dec-19
Some glove manufacturers even advertise "snot pads" on their gloves.

06-Dec-19
oh my gosh, total friday entertainment, We just had this discussion over thanksgiving with a large group of outdoor people,

we came up rankings

unsanitary i.e. wiping on glove

semi-unsanitary i.e. the snot rocket with residual on your nose or finger

semi-sanitary i.e wiping on a klenex and leaving it in the pocket

sanitary i.e. the hankie in the pocket

06-Dec-19
I just figured you Minn. boys let it freeze into SNOTcicles..........................problem solved! : )

06-Dec-19
I use to wipe my nose now I just wear a pair of safety glasses. Especially with the wind we get in Kansas my nose would run all damn day. Glasses fixed that issue it doesn't allow the cold air blowing to hit my warm eye balls causing them to water an drip in my sinuses an make my nose run.

06-Dec-19
Wildman, safety glasses, now that's one I never heard!! I wonder if a hard hat would help?? Never know what you can learn here.

• Sitka Gear