woodguy65 06-Dec-19
Bake 06-Dec-19
RIT 06-Dec-19
M.Pauls 06-Dec-19
drycreek 06-Dec-19
Franklin 06-Dec-19
BigStriper 06-Dec-19
06-Dec-19
Well that was interesting. Before I climbed into my stand this morning I put some scent in a scrape out in front of me. Fifteen minutes later I thought I saw movement in the semi darkness and looked through my binoculars....it was a red fox and he was wallowing in the scrape like a dog! He then stood up, scratched the ground a few times like he was digging and plopped back down. He rolled completely over and laid on his back momentarily with his paws straight up in the air. This went on for a minute or so; then he stood up and slipped off through the pines. Unfortunately it was too dark to video. You just never know what you might see out here. Nature is so cool!

06-Dec-19
Dogs love covering themselves in stink. So makes perfect sense if there was fresh stink there that it did that. Wonder if it will impact deer usage?

06-Dec-19
That is why hunters pee in scrapes and off of the deer stand. Urine of ANY kind is a natural attractant and is common throughout the deer woods.

Deer have no idea what human pee smells like.

06-Dec-19
You call it stink he calls it cologne.

06-Dec-19
That's cool to watch. Coyotes and dogs and foxes will all roll in stuff that smells nasty to us. I frequently get coyote pictures in scrapes. Doesn't seem to affect the deer usage.

Back when I trapped, I'd much rather have skinned a bobcat than a stinky, flea infested coyote or fox

06-Dec-19
I pee in the woods all the time. Don’t do much rolling in though. I live in the middle of my hunting property and have a collection of barn cats. It’s not uncommon to find them hanging around scrapes.

06-Dec-19
Probably thought it was “eu de toilette”

06-Dec-19

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
What about a ‘yote dropping a deuce in your mineral lick ?

06-Dec-19
Now that`s funny...^^^^

06-Dec-19
I think I'd be looking to give that Coyote some lead. Look's like he don't think much about you. Now that's what they mean when they say he's a dirty dog. LOL.

Kurt

• Sitka Gear