Grubby 07-Dec-19
Cobie33 07-Dec-19
mn_archer 07-Dec-19
Grubby 07-Dec-19
mn_archer 07-Dec-19
Grubby 07-Dec-19
Huntcell 07-Dec-19
06-Dec-19
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Flptv.org%2Fbrainerd-man-charged-with-shooting-and-killing-700-pound-black-bear-on-red-lake-reservation1%2F&h=AT2vcKP6SSADv6dK0ZU7hZfbumDFWmRKcrG-vIAm-srwZsAuFzJ_YJzHNlRTEWsWX_SkWPCNxab5afzYMbDx4hfOiOTvo1VKpXgPZsPcfBYgRDDDqPaXvZGkqJ5rfQC0H65DVWl-MfJF2Zw&s=1

06-Dec-19
Did that say "Brain dead man or Brainerd man".....sadly this was predicted.

06-Dec-19
Hey Franklin. I apparently didn’t get the link I wanted but yes Brainerd “brain dead” charged. Maybe some can post the link successfully.

06-Dec-19
Stimac will make his initial appearance before Magistrate Judge Leo I. Brisbois in U.S. District Court at a later date.

According to the allegations, on the evening of Sept. 1, Stimac, who is not an enrolled member of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians, willfully, knowingly and without authorization or permission, entered the Red Lake Indian Reservation for the purposes of hunting a bear. Using a compound bow, Stimac shot and killed a large American black bear near the reservation’s garbage dump.

According to the allegations in the information, on Sept. 2, Stimac posed for photographs with the bear’s carcass and later shared the photographs on Facebook. Because of the bear’s large size, Stimac was unable to move the bear from the reservation, and instead removed the bear’s head and paws and harvested a small portion of the meat. Stimac left the remainder of the carcass on the reservation.

The Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians does not permit non-Indians to hunt bear, a clan animal, within the boundaries of the Red Lake Indian Reservation, due to the bear’s spiritual importance to the band.

06-Dec-19
If my memory serves me right, which it usually does, Stimac is a historical dirt-bag with a laundry list of transgressions.

07-Dec-19
I think he’s going to pay for this one, the red lakers are pretty tough on violators.

07-Dec-19
Duke-I happen to remember the same thing.

07-Dec-19
Oh boy, this might be his first run in with conservation officers, but hes definitely been in the wrong seat of a cruiser a time or three

07-Dec-19
The way I read it he was actually on the Rez. That’s pretty ballsy..... I wonder if he was with a red laker?? I wonder where he came up with the weight if he didn’t even move it??

07-Dec-19
About how most Bear hunters come up with the weight Josh

Straight up uneducated guess

07-Dec-19
True..... we weigh every one we get. It’s pretty funny how far off we can be. I saw 4 red lake wildlife officers in Warroad the other day , I’ll absolutely guarantee they collectively weighed over 800. Pretty bad looking hombres there.

07-Dec-19
4 at 800 is only 200 each ! Seen 4 would go 1200 no problem

• Sitka Gear