kota-man 07-Dec-19
Meat Grinder 07-Dec-19
Elite 1 07-Dec-19
JL 07-Dec-19
DE Bow Hunter 08-Dec-19
kota-man 08-Dec-19
DE Bow Hunter 08-Dec-19
07-Dec-19
I am trying to find a good trail cam for less than $200. I have two moultrie and one browning. I am on my second browning. The first wouldn’t work when the temp would drop below freezing and now the second is giving me issue even turning on. It’s only a year old. I have had the moultries for about 6 years and have not had an issue and am very pleased with them. I would like to get another moultrie but it appears almost every model they have is a cellular cam. I don’t want to pay a monthly fee and enjoy walking in the woods to check the cameras every few weeks. My question is, if I buy a moultrie cellular model do I have to have a data plan or can it operate as a regular trail cam with an SD card?

07-Dec-19
I’m sure it will, but I’m equally sure Moultrie makes regular trail cams. Ask Pat, they are a sponsor and he can steer you.

07-Dec-19
Are you kidding? Moultrie has plenty of regular cams go on EBay.

07-Dec-19
They list 7 different non cell models on their website.

07-Dec-19
Keep an eye on camofire.com, too. They have Moultries for sale on a pretty regular basis.

07-Dec-19
I 50 good camera

07-Dec-19
Surprised the Brownings crapped out. They usually have a good rep. They also have 2 yr warranty. Call them up and see if they will take care of you. I've been a Moultrie guy since 2011 or so. I still have an old M-990i still plugging away. X2 on the EBay idea. Make sure you register a new one on the Moultrie website for warranty work (2 yrs).

08-Dec-19
Thanks guys. Spike I’m not kidding you, when I googled moultire cams every cam that came up except one had “i” at the end of the number. Didn’t look on eBay I will. Thanks

08-Dec-19
“i” at the end doesn’t make it a cell cam. That just means it has the special night time flash. They only have two models of cell cams. (MA2, MV2 and the XV7000i and XA7000i-4 total as each model has an AT&T Model and a Verizon Model). They have at least 7 models of non cell trail cameras.

08-Dec-19
Thanks Kota man. Appreciate it. I did think the i meant cellular for some reason

• Sitka Gear