76aggie 02-Dec-20
wytex 02-Dec-20
Lee 02-Dec-20
Lee 02-Dec-20
txhunter58 03-Dec-20
Bowoman 23-Mar-22
joanaveryvz 11-May-22
08-Dec-19
I'm moving to College Station TX next week for work. Does anyone know how public land is for hunting in area or other parts of TX? I've heard a lot about feral hogs but not sure about the College Station area does anyone any info to share. Also leads on good shops in area would be great.

08-Dec-19
Anywhere in the Great State of Texas is like hunting back East for the most part. You have to know someone with land and pay a pretty penny. There is some public land in West Texas that holds a few mule deer, a few elk and a few Barbery Sheep that I know of.

08-Dec-19
Texas is a tough state to hunt public or DIY. As Trophyhill said, Texas is all about leasing and lots of guys with lots of $ in TX. But I hope you can find something that works for you.

—jim

08-Dec-19
There are some opportunities on public not far from there but the friends I have who hunt it don’t do very well. Texas has taken pay to play to the next level. I suggest you get your pocket book out and you might possibly enjoy some fantastic hunting

Don’t wait to get invited on to release, start looking online and calling numbers from public information. You were looking for someone who doesn’t have their land leased already

08-Dec-19
I just googled, and it looks like Texas has less than 1.5% public land. And that includes military bases, national monument, etc. Sure Texas is huge, so 1% is a lot of acres. But there are a lot of people in Texas too.

I agree, some great hunting in Texas, just takes $ to play there.

—jim

08-Dec-19
My advice, join TexasBowhunter.com, put in a little time and search for threads about public land opportunities or places to lease. Leasing hunting land is a way of life here, but there are public options. For $48 a year there are lots of places to hunt on the state controlled properties. Go to TPWD for that info. I haven’t hunted public in years because of the idiots during gun season, but would not hesitate during bow season if I needed to. I own some, lease some, and have permission on some, so public is not on my radar like it once was. I see you’re from CO., things are gonna be a lot different for you here. Welcome to Texas ! (unless you’re a liberal :-)......

Just kidding, we’ll convert you !

08-Dec-19
I failed to address your other question about shops. Live Oak Archery (I think) is one that I know of in the area. I visited once when I was working the CS area. It gets good reviews on TBH.

Feral hogs are all over here, some areas have a few, but most areas have a lot from the Hill Country eastward. Getting permission to hunt may be difficult though, as JTreeman said, folks want $.

08-Dec-19
The place and surrounding areas have an invasive species that has take over down there. I think they call’em “Aggies.” They ain’t good for much so hunt all that you can. BOOMER SOONER, BABY!

08-Dec-19
Do you know what they call a pretty girl in Texass?

A tourist!

Boomer Sooner!

02-Dec-20
Agree, the places there are excellent. I came here six years ago. To write a thesis for https://paperell.com/buy-college-essay it's very quiet and peaceful here. I wrote an essay to order at the time. Now I only control the work of other writers. My son and I went hunting every morning. The forests there are dense and unbridled. There are many deer and wild boars. It is best to go in the fall when there are no such thickets.

02-Dec-20
You know what you call an Aggie 5 years after he or she graduates?

Boss.

02-Dec-20
I 2nd on joining Texas Bowhunter Forum. You'll get some good info there.

02-Dec-20
I used to bowhunt the Davy Crockett National Forest in East TX. Have friends that still do. They will also put in for draw hunts on public lands around the state. Many of them have drawn antelope, mule deer, whitetail, nilgai, etc. tags and had some great hunts. It can be done in TX - just need to do your research.

Good luck,

Lee

02-Dec-20
I used to bowhunt the Davy Crockett National Forest in East TX. Have friends that still do. They will also put in for draw hunts on public lands around the state. Many of them have drawn antelope, mule deer, whitetail, nilgai, etc. tags and had some great hunts. It can be done in TX - just need to do your research.

Good luck,

Lee

03-Dec-20
Checkout the public land near lake Somerville .

What do they call a pretty woman in Texas? Two things really. “Aggie”. But I also call mine “wife”

23-Mar-22
I also go near lake Somerville as I like the atmosphere and the view. Plus, the silence there helps me to concentrate and to do things a lot quicker than usual. However, sometimes because of a lack of inspiration and motivation I can't even start to write something, so I just use this service https://writix.co.uk/law-assignment-help which always saves me whenever I have to do my assignment in a record time. In this way, I have more time to enjoy the view and do things that I really like.

11-May-22
Hey, your maps look really good! I have some experience in computer mapping thanks to my college. I'm a designer. Colleges nowadays have very strict admissions committees and often need personal statement editor services. A personal statement editor supports your application to study at college. It's a chance to articulate why you'd like to study a particular course or subject and what skills and experience you possess to show your passion for your chosen field. The colleges with the highest level of selection even require you to write some additional essays. Glad to meet some talented people in this community.

• Sitka Gear