Scoot 27-Sep-23
Medicinemann 26-Oct-23
Zbone 26-Oct-23
Bou'bound 26-Oct-23
Knifeman 26-Oct-23
Orion 26-Oct-23
fuzzy 31-Oct-23
09-Dec-19
Every now and then, I will read a Bowsite hunting story that I somehow missed when it was first posted. Frequently, I will even re-read some of my favorite Bowsite hunting stories. With my hunting season winding down, I have started to look for some enjoyable stories, and would like to encourage others to share some of their favorites.....either by title, or by posting the link.... Happy Holidays......

09-Dec-19

M.Pauls's Link
WELL, there is this one.. (Kevin Dill's 15 days alone)

09-Dec-19

M.Pauls's Link
OR, this one.. (JSW's monster typical WT)

09-Dec-19
Well, Hell Jake. YOU wrote most of them ...

So get out there and do an exotic hunt and write it up, we're living vicariously through you!

TThomas, Paul@TheFort and Herdbull go on hunts and write stories I re-read over and over. As mentioned Kevin Dill always tells a great story as well.

09-Dec-19

Busta'Ribs's Link
My name is Buck and I'm here to...

09-Dec-19

bigeasygator's Link
There are so many good ones. Here's one of the first threads I read on Bowsite and to quote one of my favorite movies..."tractor beam...sucked me right in"

Busta's Canmore hunt.

09-Dec-19
If I had to vote for ONE, it would be Busta's Canmore thread. That one actually fueled a sheep hunting fury within me. :)

09-Dec-19

Bowfreak's Link
This is the best that can be done to salvage the original. No original photos due to photobucket.

A Season on the San Juans

09-Dec-19
I’ve been saying for years that these should be put in a special forum of their own. There’s some epic stories on here every year!!

09-Dec-19
Man these are some adventures, they have really fueled the fire in this bowhunter over the years. Good to have the flames stoked again from time to time!

09-Dec-19
Killing a dead cow.

09-Dec-19
Busta’s Canmore hunt is my top followed by jakes polar bear updates

09-Dec-19
Jake - I’m still voting for Pat to create a “Library Forum” with links to the high quality, inspiring and popular hunt recaps.

Including yours.

I’ve been meaning to create another thread along that line with links, but I’ve been swamped and am somewhat hesitant. I don’t want to overstep my bounds as though I’m some arbiter of Bowsite Quality.

09-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Here is one that I shared in the event that anyone was ever considering hunting south of the equator.....unfortunately, not all of the photos survived.....2013 New Zealand Red Stag

09-Dec-19
There have been a bunch of good ones that have contributed to the deterioration of my retirement account....

09-Dec-19
This is a terrible thread. I am going to spent even more time on bowsite read a links above :)

09-Dec-19

Bowbender's Link
One of my very favorites.

Bugles over Bourbon

09-Dec-19
The Pauls brothers moose hunt is a instant classic!! Hunt

09-Dec-19

09-Dec-19

elkmtngear's Link
Brun's Colorado Hunt definitely made the list for me, this Year!

09-Dec-19
TBM...will I get “POOFED” for that? LOL!

09-Dec-19
Hunt. Please post your elk recap from last year again. I can’t remember the title.

09-Dec-19
Another plug for an awesome thread. The first time I met him at Sheep Show, I said “you’re the guy that wrote A Tale of Two Goats.” I can’t find it now. Not sure if it got archived somewhere but I can’t find it now.

It’s titled A Tale of Two Goats by zackman.

09-Dec-19
Several of the great ones been mentioned - Kevin Dill’s 15 days alone is certainly top shelf.

Loved the Pauls brothers moose hunt! That was one hell of a great story and adventure.

Dang, I gotta go moose hunting...

09-Dec-19
The Paul’s Canadian Moose Hunt = Top Shelf.

09-Dec-19
^^^This guy has some good ones too! Well, Ryan anyway. :-)

09-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Back by popular demand.....Paul's brothers moose bowhunt

09-Dec-19

Brotsky's Link
I love both of those Scoot! Man where does the time go? I have to say this one was my favorite, beat rifle hunt in Bowsite history! Ha!

The Paul’s bro’s moose hunt was something else! Hunt and Beav have had some awesome ones too. So many good guys on here and we all share the same passions, makes for great stories!

09-Dec-19
Definitely some doubly talented hunters on here. First in the hunting then bringing it alive here in print and pictures. Too hard to limit it to several, never mind one!

09-Dec-19
Rod you have one of my favorites each year!

09-Dec-19
I'd prefer to keep the thread about hunting stories....

10-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Tom Edgington's 2011 Desert Bighorn Sheep bowhunt

10-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Ned Greer's 2010 Desert Bighorn Sheep bowhunt

10-Dec-19
Was it Busta that had the moose hunt where the raft flipped? That was an awesome thread.

Seems like every thread that hadn't been posted on since late 2016 is now deleted. Did I miss the announcement that this was happening? Or does anyone know how to find them?

10-Dec-19
"dead cow" and "Igota ompomsum"

10-Dec-19
The Kevin Dill story, the best

10-Dec-19
Bigeasygator, Due to Bowsite search command limitations/restrictions, I do my searches on Google now....especially for the older threads. They are still "out there".....you just need to know a couple effective "key words" to find a particular thread. If you do a search on Google, I'd suggest using your keywords, then a dash, the type in Bowsite….it seems to work as well as anything else that I have tried

10-Dec-19

Brotsky's Link
How about a classic live hunt? Miss that old redneck here on Bowsite!

10-Dec-19

Brotsky's Link
….and for you boys itching to gitcha some opomsum.

10-Dec-19
Some amazing hunts here thanks for sharing and great thread

10-Dec-19
The Kevin Dill 15 days alone thread is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this.

10-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Pat Lefemine breaking his 13 year elk curse......

10-Dec-19

bigeasygator's Link
Jake, I had tried that with Zack's "Two Goats" thread but didn't have any luck. Did manage to track down Busta's moose thread though!

Looks like Photobucket has gotten to the pictures, though you can still make them out. Trust me, the "original" pics were spectacular, as is the story that accompanies them!

10-Dec-19
I loved following Jaquomo's semi-live mulie hunts!

10-Dec-19
The video from Pats 13 year elk curse was AWESOME! I remember watching that several times. That arrow tracked beautifully!

10-Dec-19
Pat's son tracking that deer is a classic video

10-Dec-19
Hunts goat hunt

10-Dec-19
A BigDan classic....City hunter are you ready ?

10-Dec-19

itshot's Link
still on my favorites list, must be ok...

10-Dec-19

itshot's Link
another

10-Dec-19
In recent times, I think that those hunt stories from the " Fort Collins Gang " are hard to beat. Can't remember the thread titles offhand but maybe someone can help to find them for those that may have missed them or want to re-read them like me. Thanks.......Bob

17-Dec-19
BBs story from Colorado Unit 61 was the first one that really got my attention and inspired me to write a recap, and also take more pictures on all my hunts. It was titled Broken horns and broken dreams, or something similar.

17-Dec-19
My two all time favorites are Kevin's moose and BB's Season on the San Juan. Lots of others right up there though. Always like Jaq's mule deer hunt, the Paul's moose hunt, Busta's Canmore hunt, any CT live hunt, Jake's polar bear, and so many others. Oh, and the first time I saw the trapline thread I was hooked.

17-Dec-19
A little surprised the MI Baiting thread has not received an honorable mention;-)

17-Dec-19
Medincinemann's 4 sheep in one year all come to mind. That was an epic year!

18-Dec-19
Just read Paul's moose hunt......Awesome

22-Dec-19

Medicinemann's Link
Ki-Ke's 2008 Moose hunt …..with Oscar, the nervous horse - (for a good reason!!)

23-Dec-19
Great Post Jake! Fun to see these classics again. There are some great hunts and stories on this site. Good timing with the holidays to re read them. Lou's mule deer hunts, Hunt had some great elk and bear, Thomas used to post up some good ones, BigDan elk hunts, Busta's Canmore hunt was intense........man I could keep going on and on. Thanks to all of you for sharing these stories they have been an inspiration and encouragement of whats possible. Keep at em boys!

23-Dec-19
Anyones that takes us along for the hunt are really cool.

28-Dec-19
Some amazing hunts here thanks for sharing and great thread

29-Dec-19

Bowfinatic 's Link
One of my favorites from Rocking R

01-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
Since it got brought back up and people seemed to enjoy it, I've added this story to the thread, as well as one other one......2010 Mountain Caribou

01-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
2007 Polar Bear bowhunt…...Mostly a story of the hunt. If I can locate the "feature hunt" that shows some photos, I'll link that too....If you just want to read about the hunt, you'll need to skip about the first 60% of the posted comments......

01-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
2007 polar bear bowhunt - Photos

01-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
Since this hunt was done under some pretty cold conditions with no internet access, instead of posting an online update every evening, I simply called Pat's answering machine, and left audio updates. His machine would only allow about a 3 minute message.....so most messages are rather abbreviated. The day nine message is the one that summarizes how the hunt unfolded. You'll have to pretend that it is the early 1900's (before television) and the family is huddled around the radio, listening to an update - LOL

01-Mar-20
OTC Will’s 400 miles and Come September are 2 of my favorites. Will hunts (and tells stories) with a level of tireless dedication that few can match, but all can aspire to.

01-Mar-20
Just finished reading Jake’s polar bear hunt story. Holy cow! What an adventure!

Jake......Do you have any lingering negative effects from getting your fingers frost bitten during this hunt?

02-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
OTC Will's 400 miles thread.....2016

t-roy…..I NEVER used to get cold. Now, my hands get cold a little from time to time, but so do my feet, which weren't frostbitten....so I suspect that it is due to aging versus frostbite, but can't prove that.

02-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
OTC Will's "Come September".....2015

02-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
OTC Will's "Bugles over bourbon".....2018

02-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
OTC Will, Hunt Man, and T Embry....."Don't threaten me with a good time!"

02-Mar-20
I seem to remember Orionsbrother making a thread with a bunch of classic Bowsite threads on it...

02-Mar-20
Ike, yup…..see Orionsbrother post on 12/09/20 (the second one).

02-Mar-20

Medicinemann's Link
Ike, Here is a link to the Orionsbrother thread that you might be thinking about. It started out just for elk.....but then started to expand.....

02-Mar-20
Speaking of older Bowsite, what happened to bigpizzaman? He was always good for a few hunts

02-Mar-20
I know that he just hunted for iguana's with two other Bowsiter's within the last week or two…..and they pounded them!! I saw a photo of their results.....the biggest surprise was the beard that boy is cultivating!!

02-Mar-20

WV Mountaineer's Link
I like all of Hunt Man's stuff. OTC Will does real good too. Deerslayer does some good ones as well. And, of course, I love the Paul's brothers. those dude's are straight up killers! All of Cnelk's threads in general are one of my favorites too. Embry's yearly thread gets me going. I really like all the hunt recaps. But, the all time favorite thread of mine is at the following address. Copy and paste into your browser. Pure Bowsite classic where crow was served to a lot of people.

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=434940&forum=5#3876301

02-Mar-20
The Adolf Hitler parody about the Utah tag grab was a hoot.

02-Mar-20

huntinelk's Link
Hard to believe it's been 7 years already, this was what I felt was my first bowsite worthy hunt thread.

04-Mar-20

deerslayer's Link
I enjoyed putting this one together..... The best year I've had.... with the exception of 2019. More on that in the near future;)

21-Mar-20
Elk Rassling, but it is probably not on the site anymore.

Terry

22-Mar-20
Remember the dude who wanted to mount a fetus from a road kill doe.

22-Mar-20
I wanted to find the link to the thread about the snakebite ordeal, but just realized I don't know how to research for older threads!

22-Mar-20

bluedog's Link
Snake bite thread should be here

25-Dec-20

Medicinemann's Link
A new entry....Two more sticks!

25-Dec-20
Two more sticks is in the lead. Best thread I ever remember.

25-Dec-20
BB’s Unit 61 recap - a unit I dreamed of one day hunting. Then reality set in.

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=373244&forum=5

25-Dec-20
A couple that come to mind were Bigpizzaman's hunts- his Alaskan-Yukon moose hunt, his double story on taking his desert sheep and his sheep hunt where he shot the ram and it fell into the river and he was never able to recover the animal.

There are many super hunting adventures on BS !

25-Dec-20
Hunt’s recap from two years ago ( I think ) was especially good amongst a lot of winners.

Hunt - Post up links to your recaps please.

25-Dec-20
Hunt’s recap “Following the noise” is a great one, but when I search and pull it up, the pics don’t load.

25-Dec-20
So many great ones over the years. These are what brought me to bowsite and keep me coming back.

26-Dec-20

Treeline's Link
Lots of great stories here! Some of the greatest hunting stories you will find anywhere!

This was was my greatest adventure.

Kind of hid it with the title at the time because it was late winter and everyone was getting seriously cabin fevered up on here...

26-Dec-20
This is a good thread^^^. Great hunt Tavis

26-Dec-20
Just read it for the first time. Congrats a few years late Tavis! Great story by an awesome skilled hunter! I can only imagine...

29-Dec-20
My favorites are the ones that stick with me. Hunt’s had a few, OTC will has had a few, but I really love those Jaq rutting plains muley threads. I don’t recall seeing one this year unless I just missed it.

05-Dec-21

05-Dec-21

Medicinemann's Link
Twinetickler's sheep bowhunt

05-Dec-21

Medicinemann's Link
DIY butchering.....a lot of interesting suggestions/ideas.

05-Dec-21
Gotta agree with you Medicineman, that sheep story is one of the best!

05-Dec-21
ill take Treeline story

05-Dec-21
BB's broken horns and broken dreams. Got to hunt the same area this year, what a blast!

05-Dec-21
I am a little biased but Twineticklers “Impossible….until it’s not” just posted last week is a good one.

05-Dec-21
Did anyone mention the "Rowdy Dowdy Photo Shop Bear" thread...? How about the "Bigfoot" thread....?

12-Jan-23

Medicinemann's Link
"As luck would have it...."

12-Jan-23
“AK float hunt recap” is my new favorite.

12-Jan-23

Medicinemann's Link
T-roy, I agree......here it is!!

12-Jan-23
Wow!! First time I read it. I double all the complements and expletives. You guys are amazing and congratulations on such a memorable adventure!

13-Jan-23
HUNT MAN "Two More Sticks"

13-Jan-23
Jeeze, i can’t pic between hunt man’s, adams “as luck would have it” or the float hunt recap….

18-Jan-23
The 2022 Missouri black bear archery hunt was my favorite for the year

27-Sep-23

Medicinemann's Link
Bowfinatic's Dall sheep hunt....with a great surprise ending for another hunter in camp!

27-Sep-23
IMHO the best hunt and best story ever posted here ? , the top adventure, writing quality, hunt quality is:

The two young men from Hawaii , and their moose hunt starting with miles of portage and not knowing if or when navigable waters will be gained. Killing two great bulls, the epic rains causing the river to overtake the camp. then rafting two moose through whitewater.

Like any good book, it goes too fast and you don’t want the story to end. I may just go back and read it again. Thanks for re posting it Medicineman.

27-Sep-23
The first deer I killed with a recurve. Been over 40 years ago & I can still feel the tension of the string on my fingers when I think about it. Was standing on the limbs up in an old wild pear tree, on the top of red oak mountain. The shot was about 10' straight down , the bow between my legs & I released when the string was digging into my crotch. The zwicky tipped 2117 hit exactly where I was looking. The big doe made it about 50 yards. Still makes me warm inside thinking about it all these years later.

The first deer I ever killed I was 11yo I was hunting with a 12 Guage, that was 51 years ago & the memory is just as vivid.

Funny thing is I can't remember the first deer I killed with a compound ????

27-Sep-23
July Funnies (2023)

27-Sep-23
There are a bunch. Similar to what Altitude mentions above, I do like the Kevin Dill Alaska moose hunt threads. Very well written accounts of the hunt.

27-Sep-23
This thread is my new favourite thread (And I did actually favourite it lol) because it has all my favourites inside of it!

27-Sep-23
Us Canucks think alike, Adam. I also have all these saved in “Favourites” (proper spelling) And there has been some epic hunts and story telling!!

And the video of the Moose Float Hunt is posted on BS now too!

27-Sep-23
Im pretty fond of any of the meatpole threads that I was able to contribute to

27-Sep-23
I agree with the many hunting stories cited above as being great. For being clever and intertaining two come to mind for me. The first one is Paul at the Fort's "Dots Pretzel Story" and the second is MPauls thread regarding what you can tell about a person by the brand of bow they shoot. I am sometimes pleasantly surprised by the high level of cleverness and writing abilities of some here on Bowsite, Badbull.

27-Sep-23
Badbull, I couldn't agree more! There are some very, very talented people here. Some have really great writing skills, some photography, some are craftsmen of different types, etc.... lots of skill!

26-Oct-23

Medicinemann's Link
A four year quest for that one opportunity...

26-Oct-23

Zbone's Link
Over on the Leatherwall, "Bow Test On A Dead Cow" is a classic: https://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/thread2.cfm?threadid=279837&category=88#5187971

Heck, there were even T-shirts made up, I have one...

26-Oct-23
The one on trans swimmers holds a special place in bowsite lore

26-Oct-23
Man Bou you really are a jackwagon

26-Oct-23
I'm surprised Bou's poached and confiscated mountain lion isn't in the top 10

31-Oct-23
Jake your polar bear adventure thread was one of the all time best

• Sitka Gear