WY unit 11 Thoughts/Info
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
coelker 09-Dec-19
YZF-88 10-Dec-19
Brotsky 10-Dec-19
wyobullshooter 10-Dec-19
09-Dec-19
So I am working on my search... I cam across unit 11. It is small with lots of public land. It looks to have a variety of terrain. I could split points with my wife and we could hunt. I would have the last week of archery off then 2 weeks of rifle hunting. So potentially 20+ days in a row. Any thoughts or experiences on 11? I have a list of WY units I want to look at, just 11 peaked my interest. Send a PM if you like and I will keep everything tight lipped.

10-Dec-19
Looks strange the Type 9 tag has a 9/15-9/30 date. Usually they go for the entire month. So no matter what, looks like you'd be competing with the Type 1, 4 & 6 tag holders choosing to use a bow as well.

10-Dec-19
The season for the type 9 tag runs 9/1-9/30, it is listed a little confusingly on the hunt planner but those are the dates.

10-Dec-19
As Brotsky noted, Type 9 licenses are valid 1-30 Sep. They have the area to themselves thru the 14th. Archery season dates for Type 1 license holders are 15-30 Sep, so they can join the party starting the 15th. Type 1 license holders are required to purchase the separate archery license...Type 9’s are not.

• Sitka Gear