TrapperKayak 10-Dec-19
Bucks-n-Bows 10-Dec-19
Fuzzy 10-Dec-19
LINK 10-Dec-19
Scrappy 10-Dec-19
Bob H in NH 10-Dec-19
Bou'bound 11-Dec-19
10-Dec-19
Just thought I'd share a quick story and was wondering if anyone has ever had anything similar.

10-Dec-19
Can’t say I have ever had that happen.

10-Dec-19
Lemme guess...picked up a doe at the local bar...took her home and found out "she" wasn't a "doe"? SURPRISE!!!! Nah...never happened to me. I ground check em' first! ;)

10-Dec-19
Rolled a "doe" antelope over earlier this fall, no horns, no black cheek patch, but had testicles, but no penis and had an udder.

Confusing!

10-Dec-19
Bob, you think you were confused, what about her ?

10-Dec-19
My uncle and I went out last sunday to hunt for a couple of hours in the morning. Neither of us saw anything and so he texted to tell me to come on down and head his way. (we were hunting in different stands about 120 yds apart. I gave a last couple of grunts and packed up. When I reached the ground, I luckily pulled my gun off my back and just looped the strap over my shoulder.(yes I gun hunt sometimes, Horrifying!) About ten yards from the stand, I stepped into a field with tall grass. I just happened to glance down a path to my right and froze. There was a doe bedded down facing me at about 20 yds. I slowly pulled the gun of my shoulder, found her in the sights, and squeezed off a round. She dropped on the spot with a slug through the esophagus. Here comes the funny part. From the other stand, my uncle was watching me through a pair of binoculars. From his view, he couldn't see the deer, just me. (The way it looked to him), I was looking through the scope right at him. Then he was expectably extremely surprised when I shot. In reality, it was a perfectly safe shot. The doe was slightly downhill from me and my uncle was in the treestand on a slight ridge. When I called him right after the doe dropped, he never expected that I had just shot a deer!

10-Dec-19
I have no words.....glad it all went well and you got your doe.

10-Dec-19
Bob, in NH? :)

10-Dec-19
'There was a doe bedded down facing me at about 20 yds.' 'She dropped on the spot'... Hmmmm, what did she drop into?

10-Dec-19
Just meant that her head dropped:)

10-Dec-19
hmmmm...."if you can't say anything nice"

10-Dec-19
I’ve only shot one doe at 20 yards, in the esophagus, with a rifle. I will say she was surprised....I wasn’t but then again no one was behind her. ?????

10-Dec-19
Fuzzy X2

10-Dec-19
Trapper, wife and I moved to Wyoming in March, just haven't changed the name

11-Dec-19
Yes to answer your original question.

I have had that happen 6 times.

Exactly like you said except once it was not my uncle, but my aunt. Well, technically it was my uncle who by then underwent a sex transition and he (or then she) became my aunt but that is another story.

The years were 1985 1993 1999 2003 2010 and most recently 2017. It cracks me up every time it happens.

• Sitka Gear