Aubs8 10-Dec-19
bigswivle 10-Dec-19
Joey Ward 10-Dec-19
Treeline 10-Dec-19
Ambush 10-Dec-19
Brotsky 10-Dec-19
Whocares 10-Dec-19
10-Dec-19
What’s your favorite way to cook it? Just had a bunch made. Thanks!!!

10-Dec-19
if your talking about run through the tenderiser - cuber my favorite way is chicken fried steak then make gravy with the drippings with some mashed taters & greens or string beens. although not the most heart healthy way to cook venison it sure is good

10-Dec-19
Chislic! Add some Busch Light and it's a meal fit for a king!

10-Dec-19
Brotsky, you probably need to explain chislic to those of us not on meth

10-Dec-19
Brodsky X’s 137 !!!

10-Dec-19

JohnMC's Link
I had to google chislic. Here it is from the meateater....

10-Dec-19
Hmmm elk chislic looks pretty good for lunch Saturday

10-Dec-19
When I lived in PR....a chislic would be called a pincho. Vendors would sell them on the side of the roads for a $1.

10-Dec-19
"Chislic! Add some Busch Light and it's a meal fit for a king!"

Curious? Why would one wash down a fine meal like that with water? ;)

10-Dec-19
Alright boys, master class in chislic: Cube you up some venison in 1" chunks and heat up your deep fryer as hot as she'll go or 400 degrees. Get some high quality refreshments of your choice (Coors Banquet, PBR, Grain Belt are all excellent choices). Dip that cubed venison into your deep fryer for all of about 45 seconds, take it out and drain on some paper towels. Sprinkle liberally with garlic salt and eat with saltines. Rinse down with some hoppy goodness and thank the Lord for being alive. If you're in SD you'll probably want to do a couple pipe hits in between batches.

10-Dec-19
Deep fried meat? That's all it is? I guess the meth is a required side..

10-Dec-19
No..... it has garlic salt

10-Dec-19
Don't knock the meth until you've tried it, or the chislic. 800k South Dakotan's can't be wrong. :-)

10-Dec-19
Very simple- and delicious as hell.

10-Dec-19
Set oven to 350 Season the cube steaks with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour Heat veg oil in a large, oven proof skillet Shake off excess flour and quickly fry steaks on both sides, and set aside on a platter Drain off excess oil, only leave about 2 Tbs, to that add 2 Tbs butter and let it melt Toss in sliced mushrooms and cook until liquid evaporates Add in sliced onion and minced garlic, cook for a few minutes until onions turn translucent Add in 1 Tbs. tomato paste and stir well Add in 3-4 cups of beef broth and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom to release the browned bits Add the steaks back in, nestling them into the liquid and under the veggies Cook in the oven for 45 minutes Thicken the sauce if you like Serve over mashed potatoes, polenta, egg noodles, rice, etc...

10-Dec-19
I guess there's something to be said for keepin it simple with the chicklit guys. But it doesn't really sound like a tenderizer recipe. I know when I bust out that heavy-ass Hobart cuber, I'm making something a little more interesting. Chicken fried steak with a good mushroom gravy, or at least grilled with some peppers/onions in the heavy cast black pan with lots of butter. Now Al Dente is speaking my language there...

10-Dec-19
Busta, you don't need to do anything like that. Just a sharp knife, cube it up, and in it goes. This is definitely not a recipe to complicate with anything other than too much alcohol.

10-Dec-19
That does sound pretty decent, Brodsky. Especially the beer part;-)

I think the OP was talking tenderized though. Besides the obvious chicken fried steak (luv me some chicken fried steak and gravy!), another great use of tenderized (cubed) steak is to do stuffed steaks. Healthier, too!

There are all kinds of ways to do this but a good starting one is to stuff with mozzarella and fresh spinach. I’ll usually lay out my steaks and lightly season with garlic salt, black pepper and a little soy or Worcester. Then add cut up cubes of cheese and spinach. Roll them up like a burrito and pin them closed with toothpicks (usually takes a few).

The trick to cooking these is to sear them over high heat on the grill or in a cast iron. Pull them off when they have been seared on all sides and enjoy!

You can mix up what you stuff with. I sometimes use/add jalapeños, sweet peppers, onion mushrooms or asparagus tips.

Although this is great on the grill, I kind of prefer doing this in a cast iron and making a brown gravy/sauce with the juices and other goodies left in the pan to drizzle over them. You can also drizzle some Balsamic over them to add some good flavor.

These are always a hit at parties and go fast!

Use your imagination and have fun with it!

10-Dec-19
melt a generous amount of butter into a frying pan, toss cubed meat into said frying pan, sprinkle on some steak spice and cook till reddish pink inside.

10-Dec-19
The first time I tried chislic a few years ago, was cutting up a rutty old muley. I had a father, daughter team of new immigrants that wanted to help. I had my old deep fryer smoking hot and dumped a batch in for a 45 second count. I saved myself a bunch of wrapping paper because those two kept cutting everything into cubes after the first batch!!

It sounds too simple to be as good as it is. But it is that good!! I can’t wait to try it on a javelina in a few weeks!

10-Dec-19
Brotsky we used to do it with specklebelly goose. We called it quick fried “duck”. Dry well, dredge In flour, salt and pepper, cook to rare, pat dry and enjoy. It’s even better with elk steaks!

10-Dec-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo

10-Dec-19
Ambush, you taking a deep fryer down there on your hunt?!!!

A South West twist with cubes rolled in red chili and garlic salt and deep fried might even make that stink pig edible...

10-Dec-19
Thank you pig doc

Cubes of steak do sound good though

10-Dec-19
Thank you all

10-Dec-19
I made some Saturday, I mixed flour and dots breading, pepper Dipped in egg wash and back in the flour 3 times then fried in hot oil

10-Dec-19
Don’t make me get my meth memes out Grubby! I’m on it!

10-Dec-19
Tavis, I'm old enough to still know how to put a pot of oil on a stove and heat it up. You youngsters with all your stuff that gotta be plugged in are sure in for a surprise when the electric cars are using all your juice. Other carnivores aside, for me if it's made of meat, it's made to eat!! Including stinky little pigs!

10-Dec-19
Brown the cube steak with flour....cook some peppers onions and celery in dutch oven...pour some crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes or any kind of tomato you want over the cube steaks and then cook quite a while. :)

Good stuff...

10-Dec-19
Only on Bowsite does a cubed steak thread turn into Chislic and meth. Lmao

10-Dec-19
That’s cause some these folks confuse cubed steak with steak cut into cubes. Lol

Anyway, couple of good recipes provided for both.

Enjoy it either way.

10-Dec-19
Hell, Rod!

If you’re gonna go all in....

We fully expect to get a play-by-play of you frying up that stink-pig in his own fat in couple weeks;-)

BTW, I have done javelina in a Dutch oven and wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals of a camp fire down in AZ that turned out really good.

10-Dec-19
^^^ Killed, chilled, grilled and gone before the ‘yotes eat all his guts.

Anything left will be chislic in my room at the sheep show. Or on the tailgate when we get kicked out.

10-Dec-19
Come on Joey, cubed, cubes, it’s all meat! :-)

10-Dec-19
I like the chicken fried cubed steaks. Use various coatings. I like Shore Lunch with a variety of other flours or pancake flour mixed with the shore lunch. Now I'm hungry.

• Sitka Gear