Trophy8 19-Jan-20
midwest 19-Jan-20
midwest 19-Jan-20
woodguy65 19-Jan-20
t-roy 19-Jan-20
midwest 19-Jan-20
wkochevar 20-Jan-20
10-Dec-19
Yes, yes and yes. Just ebay your old gear and get the new stuff. You will not be sorry. The new system is fantastic. But do it now so you have it for winter bow-season. Then pm me and thank me!

10-Dec-19

Busta'Ribs's Link
Read this...

10-Dec-19
I have never owned the bibs but I did have the old fanatic and I now own the new one and it is without question the best Whitetail jacket I've ever owned.

10-Dec-19
I too have both. I purchased my original Fanatic a few years back, a good jacket....I have lost some weight in the time since and purchased a new one (2019 model) this fall. I have used it is some very cold weather in NY and Ohio (single digits) and must agree with Busta...the new version is considerable warmer....

10-Dec-19
Hate you guyz!

10-Dec-19
Agreed this place rocks, but it costs!

10-Dec-19
Never had this good of outfit before because of cost, but my nephew has alot of Sitka Clothes and talked me into getting the Fanatic Bibs and Jacket this year (2019 model) and I have wore them in low 20 degree temps with a 15 mph north wind with light weight long johns top and bottom and a medium weight pant and cheap hoody and have been very happy with them. If you wear something very warm under the Bibs and Jacket I don't see how you could get cold,unles it's your feet or hands. Kurt

10-Dec-19
Mine was delivered today. What is the purpose of the little non fleece spot on the front at the range finder pouch? Is it so glass doesn’t fog? Hope it is as warm as you say.

10-Dec-19
I have a fanatic vest and it's nice as well

11-Dec-19
Have both and as stated the new version is for sure warmer also is roomier then old which allows heat to circulate better I feel

11-Dec-19
I sold my previous version last year in anticipation of the new version. The new one is definitely quieter. (almost silent) The new one is warmer and a touch roomier. IMO, it was worth the upgrade.

11-Dec-19
Bought mine two weeks ago, but did not use it yet as it has not been cold enough. I did buy the hoodie and with a base layer, and Celsius jacket and Stratus bibs I was very comfortable. But, expecting much colder weather next week. I am off for four weeks and am excited to try this and be warm enough that I don't get off the stand too early.

I refused to buy this for years, but Sitka clothing is much different than I was used to wearing. Buy it a size larger than normal, but the stuff makes hunting more comfortable.

I cleaned out 95% of my other camo, and sent it to my nephews...on the wife's side;-)

11-Dec-19
Funny I didn’t realize it was supposed to be warmer, but I did notice it! Sold my last set (1st generation forest camo) after I bought the 2019 model. No regrets! Warm, quiet and cozy

11-Dec-19
I hate you people. I'm still on the 1st gen in the forest camo. . . . So, is the new Fanatic bib warmer than the Incinerator bib?

11-Dec-19
Bake, I was gonna say....if its really cold, legit cold....you gotta go with the incinerator. I don't think the fanatic is meant for the same temps as that is it? May be warmer than the older version but for really cold I think the incinerator is the go to. Correct me if Im wrong. My gear is also a few years old now.

11-Dec-19
That's my deal SBH. Pat's review was great. But it seemed for a 30 degrees. That's the stated temp in the review.

My old 1st generation stuff keeps me toasty at 30 degrees. Where I struggle is when it gets down around and below 0. And I LOVE hunting at those temps in the late season

11-Dec-19
I used the new fanatic in temps down to minus 10-15F and was comfortable. I just layer with the Sitka core lightweight and merino heavy weight and maybe a light/med weight vest down to about zero. Below zero, I add quilted primoloft pants and the fanatic vest or midi jacket and I'm good to go. Don't know how you guys hunt in cold, quiet conditions in the Incinerator gear, way too noisy for me to get away with on those cold, still days.

11-Dec-19
Busta ribs I was thinking the same thing about the incinerator suite.

11-Dec-19
don't the burrs drive you crazy?

11-Dec-19
Sounds to me like Ryan is getting a "new" 3 year old jacket for Christmas! :-)

11-Dec-19
Bake, don’t assume that because I used 30 degrees as my example that the system is inadequate for colder temperatures. I just picked the scenario that was most common across deer hunting states in November. I’ve used the new Fanatic system down to -2 not including wind chill. Wind was 25-40mph. It was F’n freezing! I sat for five hours. My head and feet were very cold but my core was comfortable in the fanatic.

I do not own an incinerator so when it’s frigid I wear my fanatic but layer up my base layers and insulation layers far beyond my 30 degree example.

11-Dec-19
I have not used either but it's my understanding that the new version actually is substantially warmer and quieter, versus just marketing hype.

11-Dec-19
Smarba, in all honesty I wouldn’t go so far to say substantially warmer. I think what people are thinking is warmer is the new Gore Tex Infinium layer which dramatically cuts wind penetration into the fleece. The old version wasn’t great at stopping wind, the new stuff rocks at that.

The stuff is, hands down, just the best stuff out there for stand hunting.

11-Dec-19
4-5 hour sits are a LOT different than 10-11 hours. On a really cold day, I really start to struggle around 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon. Those last few hours are tough. I layer a down jacket, down vest and incinerator coat when I'm out in it that long and I'm cold when I get down on truly frigid days. True full day, pre sun up to past sun down sits take a lot out of a guy. I always try to error on the warm side. Haven't had issues with noise, if anything my issues have been with too much bulk. My buddy finally went to the HBS for those days and he swears by it. I've always eyed that fanatic and I think it sounds like it would be great for most of my hunts but when I'm sitting that long in real cold temps .....I've been nervous to try it out. Maybe I just get cold easy! I dunno.

11-Dec-19
I wouldn't even wear my Fanatic gear if it was 30 degrees. I'm wearing my Stratus pants and Celcius jacket if it's that mild. Although I haven't done it yet, I'd say pulling all day sits in cold weather is doable in the Fanatic gear, but I'm not sure I'm sitting all day in anything if it's sub zero. I'm just not that tough anymore.

11-Dec-19
I bought the bibs last year and the new jacket this year. Although two different pieces of clothing, you can definitely feel the difference in wind blockage. I wish I would've waited and bought both this year.

11-Dec-19
I was considering both the Fanatic jacket and the Incinerator going into this season and chose the Incinerator. I did the side-by-side comparison on the Sitka website and felt the additional warmth factor and the addition of the Gore-Tex waterproof feature put this jacket ahead of the Fanatic, and nearly the same price point. It's comfortable in the milder weather and performs in frigid cold. I erred on the side of warmth.

11-Dec-19
If your head and feet are freezing you're cold and no jacket/coat/bibs/underwear is gonna change that. Let's see Sitka build a dam' boot!

11-Dec-19
Cold feet can be solved for $30 if you buy some Arctic Shield boot blankets. I sympathize with Pat's cold head. Male pattern baldness is a problem I too fight on the daily! :-)

11-Dec-19
I’m with Pat, not substantially warmer. Just noticed it a bit. And like he says maybe it’s because it cuts wind better. Just felt a little cozier to me

13-Dec-19
No brrrr’s Bou, like I keep telling you, the stuff is warm.

13-Dec-19
I too would like to know what the gray patch on the front of the jacket is for.....anyone??

13-Dec-19
So how cold is it good for? Give me a temp range. This year in SD/MN, it was colder than usual from Halloween week into the first half of November when I do most of my hunting. I was able to cope with my Cabelas Berber Fleece, but I have to bulk up so much to stay warm it makes shooting the bow an adventure.

13-Dec-19
You'd be really happy with the new Fanatic 12Yd. If I lived i (or hunted much) in SD/MN I wouldn't hesitate in investing in the gear and I'd never look back. I've used it comfortably between minus 10/15 F up to about 25 degrees or so. I switch to lighter Sitka gear pieces in anything around freezing or higher. BTW, I was fine in it in those cold temps so I'd have no issues using it down to minus 20-30. Not sure how "comfortable" I'll stay as the temps get more extreme, but I'm confident that from a warmth/bulk/windproof/stealth ratio perspective, there's no better system on the market. I also love the camo pattern for late season. Oh, and that grey mesh patch in front pocket is for a grunt call. You can keep your call organized in the pocket, quiet and out of the way (think- clear the bowstring on a leaning shot) but you don't have to pull it out of the pocket to use it because it's not muffled as much with the mesh patch. IIRC, an older version of the Fanatic jacket had dedicated (separate) pockets for the rangefinder and grunt tube and the grunt tube pocket also had a little mesh patch on the bottom for the same purpose.

13-Dec-19
For whitetail gear it’s “All Sitka, all the time”. My past Fanatic Jacket sits right next to my new one. At my age I’m thinking “lifetime” supply.

If you’re hunting late season you should be hunting food plots, 8 am to 11 then 2 pm to dark. 3 hour sits should do it for the majority of the deer appearances. Fanatic and appropriate layering are all I need. Neck gaiter is way cool too!

PS: Check out the Celsius Midi for layering. That and Fanatic hoody are my “go too” layers underneath.

13-Dec-19
Charlie,

Good advice. After getting the Fanatic Hoody I have not used a gaitor. Maybe the temps have not been cold enough yet, so I still pack it.

13-Dec-19
I'm with you Scoot, I had a problem hanging on to my old gear and it got to where I had so much crap I couldn't find what I needed when I needed it. I went through my gear closet and made a big pile and sold everything I didn't use regularly (or had duplicated) on eBay last winter and I was absolutely shocked how much money it was all worth. And now, it is so refreshing to have a clutter free gear storage area that's easy to access and choose what I need, quickly and without sorting through piles of stuff I no longer use/need. Plus it was easy to purchase the new Sitka Fanatic system with the cash I made selling all my old stuff. I basically just traded-up!

13-Dec-19
Very good idea Busta, I have piles of old gear sitting around that is in perfectly good condition for hunters to use, just doesn't fit my style or my body anymore or I have upgraded. I need to go through it all and get rid of it.

13-Dec-19
The next question is, at about what temp is it too warm to wear?

13-Dec-19
I’ve already answered that 3 times. Not posting it again. Nope. Not doing it. Read the flippin thread dude.

13-Dec-19
Just PM me the answer so I don't have to read the thread myself thx LOL

13-Dec-19
OK, I get it now. I'm done being the official Bowsite "Fanatic" shill. Clearly 12yds was just effin with me too. You guys are good. Wear Treebark and waffle thermals and freeze your sacks off!!!

13-Dec-19
Sorry Busta, I see it. I was so focused on the cold part I didn't register your answer for the too warm part. Thanks.

13-Dec-19
Here's my problem with it if it is too warm at 32 degrees and over. Most of my hunting is when it is over 32 degrees in most years. Most of the time it is only a handful of days a year where it gets that cold,..., maybe! Some years it never does. So is it worth buying $1000 worth of Fanatic when I will only wear it a handful of times or not at all in some years? This year was an exception. If every year was like this one it would be a no-brainer. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

13-Dec-19
Ur probably right then. It’ might be too warm for Minnesota and South Dakota. Maybe just stick with the Cabelas Berber and pray for global warming.

13-Dec-19
It’s always good to see some of the guys above give reviews.

I too sold the earlier version... immediately.

I’ve read a lot on this gear. Looks like a purchase to be made.

14-Dec-19
How can one tell the difference between the older version and the newer, warmer one ?

14-Dec-19
I just bought the updated version of the jacket, bibs as well. I be surprised if the bibs make the cut vs my incinerator bibs.

14-Dec-19
I tried on the incinerator and the fanatic today. I like the incinerator way better. The fanatic zipper just turns me off.

You guys that hunt in northern cold climates, would you be afraid the incinerator would be too loud?

14-Dec-19
No experience with GEN 1 but after freezing my butt off in the Stratus system last season I decided to purchase the Fanatic, what an awesome system!

15-Dec-19
Zipper doesn’t let me wear the jacket unzipped nor does the collar sit well unless fully zipped.

15-Dec-19
Never owned the Gen 1, but bought the Fanatic bibs and coat this year.. sure made it easier to get out of bed in the morning, knowing I wouldn't freeze... I told my wife that it is the best money I have ever spent on hunting gear....5 degrees, and comfy. SPEND THE MONEY

15-Dec-19
So from review of this thread, we have the top 5 reasons NOT to buy the new Sitka Fanatic Gear:

5. Too warm to wear in Minnesota and South Dakota 4. I like my noisy Incinerator suit better. 3. Doesn’t come in Predator Fall Grey 2. Can’t wear (cold weather) jacket with zipper open.

And the number one reason NOT to buy Fanatic Gear - Sitka doesn’t make boots!

15-Dec-19
I know it has been stated on numerous threads in the past. But just a reminder if you are an LEO, current military, fireman- firewoman if that's the correct terminology, or Gov employee. Check out LEO ADVENTURES, you get great discounts on sitka as well as many other top outdoors brands. I've been a member for about six years. Best twenty five bucks a year I've ever spent. Check out there bio on their website. A really great company doing a great thing for those that serve. I'm in no way affiliated with the company. Please delete if this breaks the rules mods.

15-Dec-19
Does the jacket have a hood? Based on the pictures it does not look like it.

15-Dec-19
Sitka is coming out with a boot. It’s in the testing phase.

15-Dec-19
Shhhhhh, that’s still a secret.

15-Dec-19
Goyt, no hood.

16-Dec-19
Scrappy, Thanks for the reply. I really like having a hood on my parka. In addition to the added warmth, I feel that it shades my face and for deer coming up from behind it eliminate a lot of the head movement from scanning for deer because the hood does not move as much as my face. I wear a brimmed hat to stop the hood from obscuring my vision and interfering with the bow string and to some extent my head rotates under the hood. I have the original fanatic jacket and I do not remember if it has a hood. I do not wear it because of noise. Hopefully Sitka will have a hooded parka in the future.

You guys that sold your stuff, did you up it on auction on eBay? I have the complete original fanatic set along with a pile of good quality stuff that I do not use any more because I could not resist buying something that I thought was better.

16-Dec-19
I never liked integrated hoods except on rain gear and the Fanatic is not designed for rain. Interestingly I don’t like them for all the reasons you like them like turning my head and the hood doesn’t move. Different strokes I guess.

I use the fanatic hoody with face mask to maintain warmth through my neck and head, and then I use a beanie (regular or cold weather) to top it off.

16-Dec-19
The fanatic is not a Parka, it's a jacket. IMO, a parka is not an ideal bowhunting garmet, but the fanatic jacket is. Unless the wind is really honking or it's pouring down rain/dumping snow, there's no way I'm wearing a hood in a treestand. I will not even pull my hat down over my ears unless it is in extreme cold (below zero) sits. I only have sight and sound to warn me of an approaching deer, and as I get older, both of those senses are getting less effective. So there is simply no way I'm going to handicap myself further by throwing up a hood and minimize my ability to hear a deer approach (or even something that may be important to my hunt in the distance). I like to be just as cozy as the next guy, but I'll sacrifice a little comfort (to a degree) to be more effective. Additionally, the Fanatic is designed with an easy access port for your harness tether, so you can add/subtract layers as the temps change, without removing your harness and sacrificing safety. A hood would just get in the way of that feature. I think if I had to have a hood, I'd take Charlie's advice above and add the Fanatic Hoodie as a baselayer under the jacket. At least that material is thin enough to minimize the hearing loss you'll experience with the addition of a hood.

16-Dec-19
Who said it was too warm for SD and MN?

16-Dec-19
Thanks for the comments guys. I agree that there a trade offs on everything and there was a time that I would not wear a hood for the reasons you guys mention. I use to move around a lot in the stand and use my binoculars a lot to try and watch everywhere. I never knew if I was alerting deer with my motion or not. I now try to sit quietly and just scan 180 degrees or so. I wear hearing aids to hear behind me . If I want to turn it is fairly simple to me to push the hood back a couple of inches so that it does not interfere with my vision. I am surprised how often a deer just shows up within 30 yards w/o me seeing it which could means I should be turning more but at least I am not spooking them. Something they show up where I think that I am watching. I must have a short attention period. I shot a beautiful 155" 8 point this year w/o a hood that got to 25 yards before I saw him but by me not moving much he did not see me either. Both methods work.

19-Jan-20
Camofire has the fanatic jacket today for a good price although may be 2018 Model can’t tell. Also women’s Fanatic.

19-Jan-20
All of it is 20% off at Scheels.

19-Jan-20
Ordered! I think it's the newer model. Some of the other Sitka stuff on sale was noted as 2018. Great deal regardless!

XL is sold out already. Thanks for the heads up, huntabsarokee!

19-Jan-20
Midwest...it appears camofire messed up...it looks to be a women's jacket. I ordered one as well without looking...aghhh

19-Jan-20
It does not state it's a women's jacket. I sent them an email telling them to cancel the order if it is. Grrrrrr....

Thanks, Trophy8

19-Jan-20
No worries, Scott, I'm starting my estrogen hormone therapy next week so I can fit into my new jacket.

19-Jan-20

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
Here is the newest Fanatic (left) compared to the original on the right. I just bought the new one at Scheels when it went on sale. It is a bit different than the one you guys are looking at on Camofire.

The new one has a little gray patch in the middle compared to the one on Camofire. Also they come in right or left, it really doesn’t matter (material on bow arm) but if it were the new one I would think it would say that. That looks like the women’s.

My old one is now on eBay if anybody is interested, size L and has a hood.

19-Jan-20
Maybe if you just “identify” as a women, instead of spending the extra money on the hormone therapy sessions, you could afford the new Sitka gear, Nick?

19-Jan-20
I thought about it Troy but how awesome would it be to have a pair of fun bags to play with any time I wanted?

20-Jan-20
How do these new materials hold up to the washings they will need? Some of the older wind -blockers, scent control linings started failing after you washed the garment....any experience or knowledge of that yet? Thanks, Kip

• Sitka Gear