EmbryOklahoma 13-Dec-19
PAbowhunter1064 13-Dec-19
Highlife 13-Dec-19
PAbowhunter1064 13-Dec-19
IdyllwildArcher 13-Dec-19
Highlife 13-Dec-19
Rut Nut 13-Dec-19
12-Dec-19
Following Nick’s advice I bought a jaccard a few weeks ago. I killed a cow elk during rifle season and the steaks have been sitting in the freezer since. The backstraps were as tough as any steak I’ve eaten. I tried the baking soda method, refrigerator aging and they were tough as shoe leather. I tried them last nights with the jaccard. 1 pass, turn 45 degrees, another pass, flip over and repeat. They went from inedible to almost as tender as the young bull I shot a couple years ago.

It makes a great cube steak with the round steaks too!

12-Dec-19
Got the Jaccard as a Christmas gift from my Brother in Law, about 10 years ago. Don't know how I lived without it before then.

I use it to "aerate" sweet potatoes as well, before I microwave them. Quick and slick!

12-Dec-19
Game changer for sure. I can't believe every big game hunter who enjoys tender meat doesn't have one. Another fringe benefit is that it allows the marinade to penetrate the meat throughout.

12-Dec-19
Dang, first a sous vide and now a jaccard. You guys are going to turn me into a chef yet! :-)

12-Dec-19
Ditto Jaq, better marinating. Of course I had no idea what the name was, but it's a meat tenderizing contraption. Works great!

12-Dec-19
So simple to use, even Grey Ghost can figure it out!

12-Dec-19
There are two models of Jaccards. One model has three rows of blades, and the less expensive model has one row of blades. For the somewhat higher price, I opted for the model with three rows of blades. They make a GREAT (but relatively inexpensive) Christmas gift!!

12-Dec-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
I don't have one yet but I just watched a vid on them. The one in stick and strings post was not recommended due to it not coming apart so you could clean it. The one in my pick comes apart so it can be cleaned. Like I stated above I don't have one yet, so just FYI. For the guys that have been using it for a while is this a real concern?

12-Dec-19
I have had a Jaccard for about 15 years.....my dishwasher seems to get it clean everytime….though I usually clean it with a heavy bristled plastic brush before putting it in the dishwasher.....

12-Dec-19
Actually the one in Stick n Strings post comes apart better. I have both. The blades are molded into the handle so even though the handle/blade assembly pops out it’s still tough cleaning between the blades. On the white one everything comes apart. Each blade pops out completely. Much easier to clean

12-Dec-19
I just looked. Mine has 3 rows of needles. It actually isn’t a jaccard apparently. I got it off amazon.

12-Dec-19
Ok, I’m going to order four of these today as Christmas gifts (one to me). Is knives or needles better? More rows seems more efficient to me? Any brand noticeably better? I’m cheap, but also “buy once, cry once”.

12-Dec-19
I saw one at a deer show and checked it out thinking it was a toy. The weight impressed first, then further inspection showed enough quality I took a chance and bought it. Nice product that I should use more often.

12-Dec-19
Nice! I can't take all the credit for it though, Jake turned me onto the Jaccurd several years ago and I've been using it ever since. I have the one that is shown in Scrappy's post. I use it even on tender cuts, especially when I want to marinate something.

12-Dec-19
Great stocking stuffer for the wife I know she’ll love that more than any old diamond earrings!!!!

12-Dec-19
Interesting...... what kinda blood trail does it leave???

Looks like great gift for Coach..... I was gonna go with a matching Iron and board or a new vacuum cleaner..... this looks better.....

12-Dec-19
TD just don't buy a SCALE as a present for Coach LOL

12-Dec-19
Will it work on NY strips from Wally World?

12-Dec-19
TD, you can still get Coach a nice new toilet plunger for a little bonus gift!

12-Dec-19
And here I've just been wailing on steaks with a wire brush all these years like a redneck peasant...

12-Dec-19
Had a steakhouse for several years and we had one for the occasional tougher sirloin. Then we started cutting our own, after selecting the meat/loins personally, and really didn't need it anymore there.

I would suggest getting a "restaurant grade" model and it may be a bit more, but will withstand the tougher cuts and last longer. Etundra.com has anything you could ever want in the way of restaurant equipment...might look there.

P.S. Only saw one guy "stab" himself with it over the years...left a pretty cool scar

12-Dec-19
Jake and Lou turned me onto the Jaccard a few years ago. I happily ate a whole elk that was previously an inedible tooth breaker after I bought that thing. How can back strap be so tough??!

13-Dec-19
Yeah yeah but what does Fuzzy recommend ?

13-Dec-19
Hmmm... well, guess I need one too. Not that I have a bunch of tough meat, but I like the idea of not having to do the fork stabbing to get marinade to absorb.

13-Dec-19
You guys ever have any mechanical failures with this gizmo? What if the blades don't deploy? Do the ethical thing, and use a sharp, cut on contact fork...you owe it to the tough piece of meat!

13-Dec-19
PA now that's funny !

13-Dec-19
Don’t even get me started....saw one of those TV celebrity chefs use one of these, and only got about an inch of penetration into a tomahawk ribeye. Disgusting. :)

13-Dec-19
Every time I use mine, I get this image in my head of encountering a home-intruder in the kitchen and reaching for the Jaccard instead of a knife.

13-Dec-19
Lmao you guys are killing me.

13-Dec-19
LOL! I just got the image of a THUG laying on the floor with a Jaccard sticking out of his noggin! : )

• Sitka Gear