Shawn 13-Dec-19
Stringwacker 13-Dec-19
JM 13-Dec-19
Buskill 13-Dec-19
pirogue 18-Dec-19
Joey Ward 18-Dec-19
WV Mountaineer 18-Dec-19
12-Dec-19
I’m looking for a climbing tree stand that is all metal . No seats suspended by webbing or net seats or anything like that . Must be all metal construction. I remember plenty of these back in the 80’s and early 90’s but they seem to be scarce these days. I’d be interested in buying old ones if they are available (PM me) or new. You guys know of any ? Anyone making all metal climbers ?

12-Dec-19
My LW Alpha is all metal...excluding the cog strap around the tree. If you don't like the padded seat just throw it away and sit on the honeycombed cast aluminum.

12-Dec-19
I just put my all metal climber back to use. It's now staying out on my property, at the base of a tree, instead of my shed. They are so heavy but so strong and secure.

12-Dec-19
My LW assault is also all metal. Throw the pad away and sit on that hard seat.

12-Dec-19
Well that eliminates the Tree Lounge, the most secure climber I've ever used.

12-Dec-19
A Lone Wolf is great but just too expensive to leave out all season .

12-Dec-19
I have major bear problems in my area and they’ll eat or chew anything none metal . I’m really hoping to find a couple all steel old school climbers like from the 80’s

12-Dec-19
Why would you leave a climber out all year. That the point of climber to take it with you. If you are leaving out all year go with lock on or ladder stands.

13-Dec-19
Very rugged steep terrain , be much easier to carry in a climber and leave rather than lug in a ladder. Also , a ladder would restrict me greatly concerning how high I can go.

13-Dec-19
I too have pondered the same question. I have several ladders that I constantly move and still seem to be 5 yards in the wrong directly. I have thought how much easier it would be to purchase 7 or 8 all metal climbers and just move them at ease as the situation developed and bring them in at the end of the season. Squirrels tend to chew the netting up in today's sling type stands. If I find some high quality all metal ones, I'm going to corner the market

13-Dec-19
It’s now a race to see who can buy them all !!

13-Dec-19

Bowboy's Link
Get one of those tree stand buddy systems and your problem should be solved.

13-Dec-19
A climber is a pia. You are so limited to the trees you can hunt. A set of 4 XOP sticks and a light hang on and you can hunt any tree you choose. Once you practice with the sticks you can be set up and hunting almost as quick as a climbing stand and a whole lot quieter. Shawn

13-Dec-19
I guess it depends on where you live. Having spent my all my life in dixieland, trees grow nice and straight. Sticks and such are much more difficult to put up as your age and girth increase accordingly:)

13-Dec-19
Buskill,

I have never whitetail hunted around bears but understand your issue. The stands you are thinking about had a metal back-bar; stands like baker tree stands, Trailhawks, or the original summits. I don't know any built that way today, they all use a cable, chain, or belt. If the bears will leave the chain or cables alone then you could make a seat out off metal/wood. Stands like the Summit you can take the seat on/off each time you hunted but it would take an extra few minutes each time.

John

13-Dec-19
Good idea , JM

18-Dec-19

pirogue's embedded Photo
pirogue's embedded Photo
This one is all metal. Made in early 80’s, in Tallulah, La. Set in my mom’s shed unused for probably 30 years, while another, bought at the same time, was on the same tree, 24/7/365, for over 20 years. Still have both, but use a net seat on one for more comfort.

18-Dec-19
I’ve got two Amackers just like that. Bought them in the mid 80s. Still use them. Good climbers. I pull them and store them at the end of season every year.

18-Dec-19
I buy the cheapo all metal climbers from Walmart, out of the trading journals after the season. I usually pay $35-$40 for them. Because people want to get rid of them. They buy them with the intention of using them like you would an aluminum climber. But, after they spend a season carrying the things around, they decide to sell them and buy a better option. Give them a try if you have the opportunity in your area. While most have fabric seats, they can be removed very easily. I have three or four planted around at any given time and, I just carry a seat when I'm hunting the areas they are preset.

FWIW, every one has their own preferences. But, I use a saddle, climbers, ladder stands, and lock on's. The stuff that die hard lock on guys say about speed of set up is just wrong concerning the time it takes me. Nothing using sticks is quicker then a saddle. And, I can be up a tree set up very quickly when using one. But, I can set up a climber and be set up in the tree quicker then any one using sticks and a saddle. Much less a lock on. Add in a pre set climber and it isn't even close in time or in lack of audible sound. So, I understand why you'd like to place a few climbers around. Not to mention how much easier, quicker, and more quite it is to move with the deer from day to day, week to week, or season to season versus a lock on set up.

God luck and God Bless

• Sitka Gear