Notme 13-Dec-19
Firsttimerrrrr 13-Dec-19
SixLomaz 13-Dec-19
SixLomaz 13-Dec-19
13-Dec-19
12:36 PM LIVE from Ct*

SixLomaz's MOBILE embedded Photo
SixLomaz's MOBILE embedded Photo

Today is the lucky Friday. I am 30 feet up in the tree, on CT public land where so far no live deer have been killed today. Lot of fresh tracks. NNE wind at 5 mph on a pleasant day with overcast and incoming rain front.

13-Dec-19

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
East
East
East view, up hill

13-Dec-19

South
South
South view, valley bottom

13-Dec-19

West
West
West view, open woods slight uphill

13-Dec-19

North
North
North view, about 200 yards to parking area towards water

13-Dec-19

Deer Intersection
Deer Intersection
Fresh tracks in melting snow. Intersection picture where I am waiting with my 50# Bear Kodiak recurve to send a 580 grain Gold Tip traditional arrow tipped with 125 grain Magnus Stinger fixed COC broadhead.

13-Dec-19
Good luck!

13-Dec-19

Deer at 50 yards coming in slowly feeding

13-Dec-19
GL Bud!!! Starting to drizzle in monroe

13-Dec-19
Good luck im headed out in the rain tomorrow to try!

13-Dec-19
For some reason both dear roamed at about 50 yards from my stand feeding on the ground on acorns. Then they slowly walked away Northwest and as soon as I watched them dissapear I got down from my tree and I tried to get ahead of them but I didn't see them anymore. Right now I'm back in the stand hoping for more deer to pass or the two to come back.

13-Dec-19
In conclusion I decided not to climb the tree because of the rain. I stayed on the ground east of my stand next to the pine tree line. As I was leaning against a tree watching the area I heard noise to my left about 35 yards and when I peeked I saw a deer coming down hill in my direction. I tried to get into a good shooting position and she caught my movement and ran up the hill a little bit about 10 yards and then she stopped. At that point she wasn't sure what she saw but I don't think she liked the situation very much so she decided to walk away slowly going south. I made a step forward to get a better view and because she was at a higher elevation without any leaves on trees she probably caught my movement and lifted the tail then sneezed hard twice as she ran away. All in all a good hunt. Thank God for a blessed day.

• Sitka Gear