Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
and then this morning in the snow
and then this morning in the snow
Man o Man I am excited. A few days ago I went to the goose ground and found a few geese in the pasture, A FEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pictured

Two days ago we received 4 more inches of snow so I went out this late morning and look what i found in the same pasture and in the snow. Pictured

I checked with the next door neighbor and she told me that they would be leaving Friday until xmas eve. SO, i plan on having the first goose hunt on Saturday, Dec 21.

On Thursday I will head out that way and set up the blind and bundle up the decoys for the Saturday morning set. Looking good so far, so stay tuned for the action to come. my best, Paul

15-Dec-19
I can’t wait Paul!

15-Dec-19
Don’t forget treats for Chase!!

15-Dec-19
Good luck, Paul! It’s always fun reading and seeing your December honker hunts.

15-Dec-19
Been waiting for this !

15-Dec-19
Good luck!

16-Dec-19
Take a gander at all those gooses!! Hopefully Chase will have "fowl" breath before Saturday ends. Good luck Paul!

16-Dec-19
yes! Good luck Paul!

16-Dec-19
I saw a bunch of them over there, figured you would be on it shortly. Good luck!

16-Dec-19
Looks like Chase is going to get his Christmas goose, target rich environment Paul! Best of luck!

16-Dec-19
Ambush, that is funny. I will brush Chase's teeth and give him some mouth wash.

18-Dec-19
Looking forward to this thread.. 20 years ago we only saw geese flying north in spring and south in winter here in Northeast Pa. Now (present date) come spring just about every pond has a pair of geese on it. But come November their all gone south from my part of the state.. The southern part of Pa will hold geese, I guess right thru the winter. Ed

18-Dec-19
N.W Pa. and N.E Ohio, the walking poop machines just stick around.

18-Dec-19

set up blind on Tuesday
set up blind on Tuesday
and grassed it in. Placed 16 Big Foot decoys behind the blind and covered with tarp. THe geese had been right there eating eating nuts from the Russian Olive tree.
and grassed it in. Placed 16 Big Foot decoys behind the blind and covered with tarp. THe geese had been right there eating eating nuts from the Russian Olive tree.
I had just finished, when two geese just dropped in as i left the field. I usually only do a morning hunt has the geese stop flying around 10 am. Hard to tell this year what might happen Saturday
I had just finished, when two geese just dropped in as i left the field. I usually only do a morning hunt has the geese stop flying around 10 am. Hard to tell this year what might happen Saturday

18-Dec-19
Good luck Paul, always enjoy reading about your adventures. Looks like you have a nice set up for the Geese, and I think Chase will be busy.

Kurt

18-Dec-19
Need any help or company Paul. Lol

18-Dec-19

Kurt, I also like this set up but later will move 100 yards to the top of the hill as I can see back to the big lake and hear better there and usually geese like to land on the highest spot. I will stay in this spot for the long week end and then after the neighbors leave, move. Pictured the hill blind. That 14 in of snow we got surely moved a lot of geese south and not a lot of the lakes are frozen. But, can't kill a goose from in the house. Paul

18-Dec-19
I'll be checking in on Saturday to see pictures of Chase and dead geese. Best thread on Bowsite every year. Good luck Paul!

18-Dec-19
Go get ‘em Paul. Colder weather definitely seems to have brought in an influx of new birds to our area.

18-Dec-19
Are you going to do it with a recurve this year Paul? That raises the difficulty level, no doubt.

18-Dec-19
Curt, once i see how the goose flight are and kill a few with the compound bow, I will bring out the stick. There is still a lot of snow on the ground preventing the Yard Hoppers to stay in the area. There are a 1000 geese a mile way on Long Lake so I hope a few locals will head my way. Will not know until Saturday. So far a different year and that early 14 in of snow screwed it up some.

18-Dec-19
I have cleared way some snow, but only so when the geese land, they will not hurt themselves :)

18-Dec-19
Snow is great for tracking, ya know. LOL Bring it Paul.

19-Dec-19
Paul I guess you could take those Dot's you didn't like and sprinkle some of them around, probably draw in a few hundred geese!

19-Dec-19
I like this annual hunt. I can just imagine the excitement for both you and Chase.

GL, I will be reading along. Will probably get in trouble as we have two parties to attend Saturday, I will be pulling my phone out often.

I wonder how many BS guys are doing this now because of you? I never heard of it or even thought about it before reading it here!

19-Dec-19
Frank, if you Youtube search, ie, Bow Hunting Geese, you will find others do it. THis will be my 9th season. Paul

19-Dec-19
Only two days Paul. Good luck and go get’em Chase !

20-Dec-19
Good luck Paul! I'm looking forward to following along.

20-Dec-19
Good luck!

• Sitka Gear