Jasper 18-Dec-19
Fields 18-Dec-19
Teeton 18-Dec-19
Fields 18-Dec-19
Jasper 18-Dec-19
17-Dec-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Anybody know of anyone who has actually fallen and used one of these? Planning on ordering one for my sons and me. One time use but worth every penny plus a bunch if they work as advertised. Thanks!

17-Dec-19
I tried to find prices for re-usable systems. I've used them at a ropes course locally. It was kind of crazy as I hate heights. You get to the end of a course, you're 30 feet up and you're supposed to jump off the platform and trust the decent system to slow your fall. It takes guts to step off the platform but the system works and it's re-usable.

I'm not sure what all of that means to your question. It just got me thinking that this might be something I would consider including in my setup. Then again - I'm too chicken to try it first. LOL

17-Dec-19
Get yourself a climbing arrest system and replace the Prussic knot with a Blakes hitch. It`s what arborist use when tree climbing.

17-Dec-19
Hope you are ok Rocky - that's some scary stuff there!

17-Dec-19
Will, I am good and thanks.

17-Dec-19
Franklin,

Can you show a Blake's Hitch? Thanks.

17-Dec-19
What’s the story on that climber Rocky?

17-Dec-19
A Blakes hitch is commonly used with the double rope technique (DRT). Arborist also use prusik, french prusik, and other applicable friction hitches. They all have their pros/cons depending on your specific application. I use a distel hitch on my tether and lineman's belt but mainly because I want something that can be easily tended. I guess my point is, don't get too creative with changing your friction hitch unless you know why you're doing it and the issues and benefits associated.

18-Dec-19

18-Dec-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
This is a better option; more expensive but can be re-used.

18-Dec-19
I use a wingman.. I like them much better then the one time use ones... you can even practice using it if your daring enough...

18-Dec-19
These devices above, can they be use for safety when climbing into and out of your stands or only once in??? Thanks Ed

18-Dec-19
You can use them while climbing.. you have to slide them up the tree as you climb... Its a PIA with a climber, I cannot imagine it would be easier with a lock on or ladder stand, unless you use a lifeline type set up...

18-Dec-19
Yes, they can be used going up and down . I have lifelines on all 18 of my lock ons. Not really hard with a climber either. I have a prusik on a 5 foot lifeline I move up as I climb. With both setups you’re attached the entire time and should you fall (and the descend device works as advertised) you’ll be lowered to the ground

• Sitka Gear