Buffalo1 27-Jan-20
lewis 27-Jan-20
WNYTCIII 27-Jan-20
jjs 27-Jan-20
JB 28-Jan-20
jjs 28-Jan-20
longbeard 28-Jan-20
17-Dec-19
I have the Ritual 33- had it since first released. Very good bow. Thought that the Synergy models could not be outdone, but I was wrong. Ritual is not a super fast bow, but lots of good qualities for a hunting bow- well built, quiet, no hand vibration, good back wall, accurate, easy to tune, etc. I have a 40-50# screwed down to 52#. 525 gr. arrow traveling about 225 fps.

I have no desire to trade for any other bow at the moment- I'm that satisfied. I am also not in the market to sell either !!

18-Dec-19
I shoot the Rit 33 and love it. Like Buff said above, it’s no screamer, but it is a very forgiving, stable and user friendly hunting bow. I shoot very accurately with it. The bow fits me great, I’m shooting 60 lb limbs maxed at about 62lbs or so. I shoot a pretty heavy arrow (340 FMJ w/50gr insert and nocturnal) and have never shot it through a crono but I’d guess it’s high two’s. I shoot a tension release (Silverback) a lot and I really like the very solid back wall on this bow, it’s a rock. I bought two brand new bows last year; the Ritual and the Hoyt Carbon bow (for double the price). Plan was to shoot both and sell the one I liked least. The Hoyt went on eBay and I’m still shooting the Ritual and love it.

18-Dec-19
I just got one haven't been able to shoot it much yet. From what little I have shot it I like it. Smooth draw cycle and great let off. It's not a speed bow but fast enough for me. I would like to chronograph it just to see what it does shoot with my set up.

18-Dec-19

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Jeff, I had Mike from Catfish Custom's build a beautiful set of Grey/White with Black "Pinstripe" cable/strings for my Ritual, and I also had him do a Kolorfusion application on my Riser in Sitka Optifade Elevated II. Both turned out great and I'd highly recommend Mike. I think you'll be really happy with his work. One thing to note, my bow had the cam that ate strings. Elite fixed that and redesigned the cams. They'll be happy to send you new cams if the bow you are buying doesn't have the new design. I called Elite and got the new cams before I sent the bow to Mike, and I sent the new cams in the box to him. Mike tore down the bow for the Kolorfusion and when he put everything back together, he installed the new cams and the string/cable set, so I killed three birds with one stone.

18-Dec-19
I gave 575 shipped for mine. Brand new the shop was making room for the new models.

18-Dec-19

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
Jeff,

The cam was revised shortly after launch where the string runs out tangent to the string groove. It was an oversight on the design engineers part... dont ask me how i know lol. Simple fix (in fact you could file it yourself with a small round file - not that you should have to), for an edge that was supposed to be rounded over in the finished part coming off the mill.

Any Ritual you buy should have updated cams.... if it doesn't call elite and they will take care of you.

Its a great all around bow... but then again I wouldn't call my own baby ugly :)

Chris - thats the original Ritual not the R35! Nice custom finish job!

18-Dec-19
I have an Elite 35. I'm not sure of the speed as I've never shot it through a chronometer, but I'm shooting the exact setup as Busta'Ribs. 340 FMJ with a 50 grain insert up front. I really like the bow, took it to Africa a few years back and it performed perfectly on all kinds of critters. The only thing I don't like about it is the let down if you can't shoot. It's tricky to let off enough pressure so the cams will come back down, but then be ready when it does so you don't fire your bow. Most bows are kind of like that these days though.

18-Dec-19
I just bought a Ritual 35, 70# and 30" draw. I haven't shot it yet but with research I did on it, it should shoot my 465 grain arrows around 285-290 fps.

19-Dec-19
Yeah the Ritual 35 should have no cam issues. That was entirely a 33 issue the first year it came out. The one bow I've been coveting is the Ritual 35 in 50 pounds and my 29.5" draw length. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Still real happy with the two Synergys and the I34 I have though. But I might give one of the Synergys to my youngest son. That would leave an opening in my arsenal.

20-Dec-19
I just got back from the shop a few days ago with a brand new 2019 ritual 35. Love the bow and love the super smooth draw cycle and solid back wall. No hand shock and I’m not sure if I’m even gonna need the front stabilizer since it balances perfect without it. (no quiver on it yet, so not sure). I did some significant chrono testing at Bill Pelligrinos Archery Hut in Colorado Springs and this is what I came up with: Easton FMJ deep six micro total arrow weight 453 with ritual 35 at 66lbs and 29 DL was shooting 269. Maxima reds total arrow weight 402 with ritual 35 at 60lbs (recent surgery) and 29 DL was shooting 276.

Looks like when I get back to drawing in the high 60’s the ritual should be shooting maxima reds in the upper 280’s low 290’s so not crazy fast, but not what I consider slow either.

20-Dec-19
I own one. Really nice Bow. I like it better than the Hoyt I had. The Elite is really quite but, I just bought a used Traverse that should be delivered to me today. I've wanted the Traverse for awhile now so we'll see.

20-Dec-19
Tuned a 35, owned a 33 and 30

20-Dec-19
at 65 you will get close to that proving you advance the cams and don't put a huge valley in it. 285 is more realistic

20-Dec-19
Just be sure to check the holding weight if you plan critters in Colorado.

26-Dec-19
Awesome! Curious how you will like that 33. My Dad has a 33 Ritual and doesn't love the draw cycle, it's not a real deep valley and wants to creep on him. He is coming from and is now back to his Energy 35. Curious what your opinion will be of it. Congrats on the new rig!

26-Dec-19
I have the Energy 35. Sweet shooting bow. Big change from my Mathews DXT.

27-Dec-19
Have looked at the Ritual 35, but I have 2 E35s. Don’t see how there could be a better bow for me. Interested to see how you like the R35.

27-Dec-19
If the 33 doenst have valley it because it's not set up correctly.

27-Dec-19

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Old Bad Cam
12yards's embedded Photo
Old Bad Cam
Top cam is the upgraded cam. Bottom is the old bad cam.

27-Dec-19
Trial I thought the same thing. My Dad and I moved the draw stops to allow as much valley as possible. Is there another way to increase the valley? It does have the updated cams. Sorry JTV dont mean to hijack but maybe helpful with your 33 setup.

27-Dec-19

12yards's Link
See table on page 23.

27-Dec-19
Yes, first thing to check is if you have a drop away cord on the down cable. Take it off, see if that brings the valley back. They like the cord no lower then bottom 1/3 of the grip with a good amount of slack in it raising at the last two inches of draw length. Otherwise...here is how you get back to square one with ritual or any binary cam. Bottom your limb bolts then back off a quarter turn. If your draw length is spot on dont touch your string. Press the bow, take the cables off, reinstall them with 5 twists each. Now pull your stops and time the cams. Once they are timed. Then reinstall the stops and make sure they are hitting at the same time, in the farthest position. After these are done. Then put the bow in draw board and measure peak weight. You will most likey be under. Now with everything timed add equal twists to both cables until your peak weight is about 1 or two pounds over them max limb weight. At this point you will have valley, significant let off and you bow will be timed and ready to tune.

If you were close by I would say bring it over and I would have it fixed up before we start our second beer.

27-Dec-19
That is some good info. Thank you! I'll have to take it to somebody that knows what they are doing. It seemed odd that it didnt have that solid backwall. Thanks again.

28-Dec-19
That's awesome man, glad you like it. I've been shooting a Synergy for 6 years and I dont think I can shoot a bow better. Elite does it right IMO. Hope you put a hole in something in 2020!

30-Dec-19
I shot my new Ritual 35 today for the first time. All I can say is that it holds rock solid at full draw. It draws extremely smooth for a 70# bow. It took a little time to paper tune it. I was getting a consistent right tear and we went through everything. First, moving the LTR right didn't work. Then moving the rest left didn't either. We messed with shooting a 340 arrow instead of a 300 arrow. Then we tried a 100 grain tip instead of a 125 grain point. Long story short, we had to press the bow and remove a shim from the right side and move it to the left side. That did the trick and a perfect bullet hole. I tried to chrono it but couldn't get a reading. I will try to chrono it later this week and will report. So far, I'm really liking it.

30-Dec-19
Those are really hot numbers JTV.....whoever said Elite doesn`t make a fast bow...lol

31-Dec-19

JohnyRingo's embedded Photo
I watched my buddy and another guy do the work. It is definitely a two-man job. It was weird. There were two big shims and one small one on one side, then two large ones on the other side on the top. It was the exact opposite on the bottom. Weird. We ended up putting the three larger shims on the left side and one large and one small on the right side for the top and bottom. It made a big difference

31-Dec-19

After shimming.

01-Jan-20
That new S.E.T technology on the Kure looks like a game changer for average archer. Can`t wait to shoot one.

26-Jan-20
My Ritual 35 (70# and 30" draw) is shooting 455 grain arrows at 292-294 fps. That's plenty fast for me.

26-Jan-20
How do these compare to the Synergy which is what I shoot.it is smooth.thanks Lewis

27-Jan-20
Lewis,

I found the Ritual to be slightly smoother than the Synergy. At one time I owned 2 Synergy bows. Very good bows.

27-Jan-20
Thanks for the reply Lewis

27-Jan-20
I just picked up a Ritual 35 and will be setting it up this week, Im pretty excited. Id love to hear where everyones nock height is

27-Jan-20
Just bought a new Surge for $500 that was set up, 45# on a close out. Haven’t had a time or weather to tune it but it is quiet, smooth and no back wall. Physical decline will keep this old man in the hunt with this bow. Had an Elite 35 that was very impressive but the # was getting to much and sold it on a good price, the bow shop was selling 9 out of 10 Elites to a Matthews.

28-Jan-20
Hey Jon. Glad to see you are still in the game. You are correct that you sold it to me at a good deal. Love the bow. Shot 2 does with it this fall.

28-Jan-20
JB, 8^

28-Jan-20
I shoot an E32. Love the bow but I’ve loved every bow I’ve ever owned. How does the R35 compare to my E32? Anybody shoot both?

• Sitka Gear