WapitiBob 24-Nov-20
TD 24-Nov-20
casper 24-Nov-20
WapitiBob 25-Nov-20
carcus 25-Nov-20
Kurt 25-Nov-20
Gator 26-Nov-20
19-Dec-19
For an all around hunting truck, what are your thoughts on reliability of the 2500 Cummins?

19-Dec-19
Stock post 2012 trucks with the epa emissions equipment are garbage in cold environments. Out of 7 people I know in interior alaska that own the trucks myself included have had to delete the emissions or do a buyback. FCA was terrible about getting def pumps and my truck was in the shop for 3 months before I did the delete.

If you can find a pre emissions 5.9 I’d go that route. They are cheaper to get tuners for, usually no fob keys and with the older injectors you can run heating oil in them.

19-Dec-19
Much appreciated

19-Dec-19
Really timely question for me right now. I have a 2013 Bighorn 2500 - Full Delete. Love it/Hate it. Love it when it's running, but it hasn't been the most dependable vehicle, for sure. I bought it new, to replace an '02 Ford 7.3 Powerstroke with 325K miles. My kid is driving that old Ford now and it's in the shop less than the Dodge - a lot less. The Dodge has 220K and the Ford is up to 375K now. I'm currently dealing with an intermittent electrical issue in the Dodge that keeps draining the batteries randomly. leaving me stranded and driving me completely nuts. Left me high/dry on the prairies in western Kansas last month and stone cold in the mountains of northern Vermont in the single digits last weekend. No complaints with the 6.7 Cummins, the engine is a beast. It's the rest of this POS truck that's the problem. I can't go a few weeks without a warning light and beep/buzzer. I got a wife to yell at me, don't need my truck to do that too. So I broke down and bought another 2002 7.3 Powerstroke. Same exact truck as my old one. Only problem is, it's in mint condition with only 25K original miles on it and it's so nice I'm afraid to drive it. Especially in the winter salt season here in the northeast. So I keep limping along with this POS Dodge. My advice is to forget the Cummiins and find yourself a clean, low mileage 7.3 Powerstroke. You'll thank me.

19-Dec-19
25k miles what a find.

19-Dec-19
Bummer. I've been thinking about purchasing a new 2500 to replace my 2012 1500 - Ive never owned a diesel. I was worried about it sitting in the cold for days in the mountains and having trouble starting it. I live in Colorado where deleting it makes it impossible to pass the mandatory emissions test.

19-Dec-19
I have a 2012 2500 dodge. Regen. but pre Def fluid. I have had zero issues, except for the two deer that hit me at 60 mph (new bumper, grill and radiator). Right at 135,000 miles and great for towing big loads. My biggest gripe (not sure why others haven't noticed) is the brutally rough suspension. I have had two Chevy 1500's and a toyota tacoma prior- way better for bumpy gravel roads. Brother in law drives Ford 3500, much smoother (independent front end suspension). My take-- 6.7 cummins diesel the best, Dodge solid front end sucks. Towing 6.7 dodge great, driving around hunting, Dodge sucks. just my opinion. Tim.

19-Dec-19
I have a 2016 2500 with 130k miles on it. I have had zero issues with engine or starting, even in cold weather. Even after sitting.

I have had a vibration issue, that was never resolved. But the motor is fine. It runs like a bat out of hell, because that's how I drive.

I don't like how the new ones look. I'm currently looking at Ford diesels and might even break my own heart and get a gasser

I don't have any issues with mine, I just like a new truck every 3-4 years :)

19-Dec-19
diesel pickups are not worth the initial cost extra cost of maintenance & expensive repair costs UNLESS you're regularly towing hauling pulling something heavy on a daily basis. I have an old 1996 f250 with the 7.3 & it's been a great truck but it only gets used to tow my boat & ocaisonly go on a trip to visit grandkids iv put 3000 miles on it in 2 years & a lot of those miles are from tailoring the boat to the outer banks tuna fishing

19-Dec-19
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 with the 6.7, I have 54k miles on it and nothing has failed on it yet. I live in western Montana and it has always started up for me no matter how cold it's been and I've haven't liked a truck this much for quite sometime. I've owned all three brands and each one has their issues, for me, before I bought this one, I really was looking at the Chevrolet or GMC Duramax, but they're awful pricey. Found my Ram and it priced right and so far no issues.

19-Dec-19
I have no experience with Cummins. I did have a Duramax before going back to a 1/2 ton truck and I wouldn't go back to a diesel. But, I don't need a diesel as I don't pull anything larger than a bass boat. Expensive maintenance, expensive fuel, heavy, not great off road, etc. I don't know what you pull or if you need a diesel but if not I'd stock to a 1/2 ton. Personally I was a GM guy, had 4 1/2 ton GM pickup before buying a Tundra. I still own a Suburban but as far as pickups go I love my Tundra! It has plenty of power, 4.30 gears and so far no reliability issues.

19-Dec-19
My brother inlaw is crippled due to a stroke and now living in assisted living home. He will never drive again. He has a 203 350 ford 7.3 with 83k on it. It just sits in the drive and a buddy starts it up once a week.

19-Dec-19

19-Dec-19
Got a 6.7 Cummins, just not in a Ram, was lucky enough to find an engine that has no EGR, no DPF or emissions crap on it, was brand new and got it for a steal.

Did an engine conversion in my rig here in Oz and couldn't be happier, although the rear diff i am replacing wasn't happy with the 1200nm of torque, hopefully the Dana 80 will be fine

19-Dec-19
Had a 2002 Cummings and put over 270,000 miles on it running up and down east coast and New England/eastern Canada. A friend bought it when I left NY...Over 400,000 on the engine itself but tranny parts have been replaced...manual. Have the 6.7 2500 now..a beast of an engine. were it not for the RV Would have no need for so much power. Note the recent recalls of GM/Ford/Ram...all have problems with recalls...some more than others. Best truck I ever had was a leased 1998 1500 Chevy...ran it 36,000 on the lease and dealer would not sell it to me. When it cam off lease he gave it to his grandson.

19-Dec-19
I have had 5 different Dodge 4x4 diesel 2500 pickups since 1998 and only one liked to visit the repair shop frequently...a 2008. I now have a 2016 quad cab 4wd 6.7 with 93K on it and never had a repair of any kind. I love the DEF system...no smoke and 21 mpg on the highway..19 around town....just got back from a bowhunt in Arizona pulling a big tent trailer with a quad and Yamaha BW200 and got a solid 18.5 mpg. @ 70 mph !! I have yet to find a grade that i can't maintain 60-65 mph on...amazing power.. All my dodge diesels started easily in sub 20 degree weather...I have never been anywhere like Alaska !!

Joe

19-Dec-19
I have a 2005 2500 ram 5.9 ctd. I love it, can't believe the power and gets good fuel economy. It has been very dependable and all I have done to it is brakes, tires and muffler. When I was shopping I made sure to avoid the DEF trucks. Dodge changed to the DEF system after the 2007.5 model. They change mid year, so if you're looking for pre DEF it will be older than a 2007.5.

19-Dec-19
Get a 6.7 Powerstroke. I’ve owned 3 F350 with the 7.3 and thought I would never own a diesel truck as good as the old tried and true 7.3 but this 2014 bought new 6.7 beats the 7.3 in every way !! Bought new in 2014 and has never been back to a shop and it’s right at 170,000 miles.

19-Dec-19
Timex says the green handles aren’t worth it unless you tow? Maybe not to you buddy. I get my money’s worth every time I hit the pedal and listen to that turbo spool. I might buy a gasser someday, if I can find a nice clean 460 big block!

19-Dec-19
I have an extended cab long bed automatic 4 speed 1992 Dodge 250 diesel Cummins with 112000 miles on the engine. It starts even in the coldest temp for Northeast at 1st key no engine block heater. I get 25 - 30 mpg out of it with power to spare.

19-Dec-19
Busta, you can get a BB Ford super duty now. It’s not a 460, but 444 is close enough.

20-Dec-19
If you don’t have to go with a diesel try the Chevy or GMC 1/2 ton with the 6.2 gas burner

20-Dec-19
I would NEVER own one of the post 2012 diesels. Period

20-Dec-19
^^^ WHAT HE SAID!^^^^

20-Dec-19
In my little hunting club, 4 of us have late model Dodge diesels.3 out of 4 of use have had transmission failures. What’s the odds?

20-Dec-19
My Dodge was fine until about 100K. Then things started breaking pretty regularly. Surprisingly, tranny is still holding up, but I know that’s coming too. Personally, I’ll never buy a new vehicle again. I think these things are just designed to fail and force us into the shop anymore. Over and over, my local mechanic has sent me to the dealer with newer vehicles, because the problems could only be repaired at the factory shop. A new truck is great, but it’s a rolling computer/video game that does the thinking for you, and when it breaks, it yells at you and then you have no choice on where to take it to get it fixed. That’s not for me. So I’m happy I scored an “old” truck (‘02 Powerstroke) with only 25K and hopefully, this one will outlive me.

20-Dec-19
I have a 99 with 290,000 5.9 had an injector pump go at 200,000 has original transmission auto and original injectors, change oil, fuel filters regular, trns fluid and filter. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Had an '06 motor blew, have a 04.5 motor blew, but once rebuilt they are great - to beat emissions they made small ring gaps got hot broke rings, Had 4- 7.3 Fords - never again not one of them went 200,000 without replacing every injector and wiring harnesses on engine, and turbos every one of them, Dodge trucks ride so much better in my opinion and overall the 5.9 is a real diesel. But of course you could line up 10 of them and 9 are lemons - if you get lucky like my 99 you are golden!

20-Dec-19
Sounds like I'm better off with a pallet jack. Toyota should offer double the payload on the Tundra. Given these horror stories it will be a turbo gas engine. Sad that foreign trucks are so much more reliable.

20-Dec-19
I know maybe six guys that "had" diesels;all have gone back to gas trucks.Just not worth it.

20-Dec-19
2015 I own and no issues. I put a chip in it for better mileage and no issues after 120k. I live in NY and we mighty cold at times. Great truck! Shawn

20-Dec-19
The “foreign” Toyota is more American than the big 3 manufacturers are.

20-Dec-19
The Toyota is likely more American made then any of the other manufactures.

FWIW, gas engines have come so far it'd be hard for me to ever go diesel in a light duty truck. I'd strongly suggest a gas motor unless you have heavy loads to pull regularly. And, the only reason I'd do that is for the brakes and the heavier trucks in the ton class. It has nothing to do with the power difference. As, the newer gas motors will flat pull with the power they now make. Think eco boost of you are an in between guy. Small, light truck with plenty of ump when needed.

20-Dec-19
Think 5th wheel with boat behind it. Requires a truck not a grocery getter.

20-Dec-19
Toyota Tundra is hardly a grocery getter.

The components in them, u joints, drive lines, all the major parts are actually out of one ton trucks.

They’re rated for 10,000 lbs to tow.

They’re half ton trucks. Not 2500’s or 3500’s that you’d tow a 5th wheel with a boat behind.

I don’t know if Toyota will ever get into that world. I truly wish they would. I have 7 Toyota tundras.

I also have 6 Duramax and 2 Cummins.

I also have an international truck, a western star, a sterling, and a full blown kenworth. So I know a thing or two about trucks and towing. Been doing it for a year or two now.

The Toyota’s are damn fine. Now to answer Your question on the 6.7.

The 6.7 has been simply ok for me. I’ve had 5 of them. I’ve had 4 5.9 liter Cummins. I’ve replaced motors in 3 of them in under 100,000 miles. I am not a fan of Cummins. I’ve by far had my best luck with a Duramax. But everyone’s experience and opinion varies. But to discount the Toyota Tundra as a grocery getter proves you’ve not experienced one and you don’t know the history of the truck.

21-Dec-19
I had a 2007 .5 dually with the 6.7. In 3 years it cost me $ 12,000.00 out of pocket to replace all the garbage that dodge builds their trucks with. The EGR clogged every 150 miles and I had to take it and the crossover pipe off and clean with brake cleaner. The engine is great but the emissions on the dodge should not be legally produced. GARBAGE!!! Worst vehicle I ever owned. I pulled a 38ft fifthwheel and it never burned off soot!!! GARBAGE DODGE CRAPMOBILE!!!

21-Dec-19

21-Dec-19

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Toyota’s, regardless of where they are made, or who makes them, or who get the profits (which, btw, are all important points), are flat ugly trucks. Take any of the big 3. They all look like pick up trucks. The Toyota looks like an suv they mutated into a pu. Guy’s like DC above that have them, love them. But it kinda reminds me of an old girlfriend I had. Damn, she was just hard to look at. I did not take her out much. But once the lights were down, she could out-perform every dime I ever dated. So there ya go. In the end, I think the only subject that could stir the pot more than a good broad head debate is a truck post. But I really love my trucks, not just how they perform, but also how they look. Take my “Sunday” truck pictured above. Most old, fat white guys with Sunday drivers in the garage have a muscle car. Not me. I have a 5spd F350 7.3 OBS. A pretty one. And you know what, a Toyota might out run her. But only in the dark.

21-Dec-19
Funny with my newer 6.7 Cummins I have no issues and it pulls with the best of them. 2500 and I had airbags installed for towing and I have pulled over 16K with it and no issues going up and down some mountain roads with a full load. Take care of them, follow the owners manual and they run good! Shawn

21-Dec-19
I had an '02 F250 with the 7.3L diesel from new. I couldn't wait to get rid of that stinking, noisy, unreliable truck. I've had 2 Tundras since, and will buy another when I get tired of my current one.

Matt

21-Dec-19
Matt, you’re the guy that got the unreliable Sev-three? Bummer. The million other guys that got the most reliable pick up Deisel engine ever got lucky! In all seriousness, yea, they are noisy and smelly - which is part of what I love about them. But I’ve never heard anyone complain that they had an unreliable 7.3. They don’t call them the “million mile motor” for nothing.

21-Dec-19

Whitey's Link
Spicoli says all that needs to be said about Toyota drivers

21-Dec-19
Busta,

The whole "million mile motor" thing was what enticed me to buy the stinky noisy pig to begin with. I started having miscellaneous expensive repair issues with my F250 at around 75K miles. Then, at 115K, the injectors on the 7.3 went bad and had to be replaced. That wasn't cheap. I've never had a truck that I wanted to get rid of more than that POS.

By contrast, I put 145K miles on my first Tundra, and have 80K on my current one, with no additional expenses other than typical maintenance.

Matt

21-Dec-19
Not doubting it Matt, I actually heard about your truck on Powerstroke forums, thought it was just an “Urban Legend”. I feel for you bud. Getting pushed from a SevThree to a Toyota has to be just about all a guy can handle!

21-Dec-19
All the Ford diesels at my work are garbage so unless you NEED a diesel stick with gas trucks. I have owned “foreign” Toyota’s for years with no issues and will continue to as I hate spending time waiting for a tow truck to come. From what I read most “American” trucks are loaded with Mexican parts so you can have them manly trucks and I will keep my girly Taco.

21-Dec-19
I have to friends that own the Cummins and both engines have over 700 K on them. The issue is one is in a second truck and the other in a third truck. The older Dodges rotted pretty quick in the great northeast!! Shawn

21-Dec-19
I’ve owned 1 dodge the original Cummins. Motor was awesome but the truck fell apart around it. 19 chev vehicles , had to replace a fuel pump on a1977 Camaro and a steering box in a 2013 ZR1 Corvette. 12 fords , replaced the exhaust manifold bolts on a 2001 v10 2 Toyota camrys I bought for the kids. Both burned oil after 30k in excess of 2 quarts every 1000 miles. Toyota said it was within specs and would not do anything about it. There should have been a class action suit. I will never own another.

21-Dec-19
My 2014 6.7 Cummins 3500 has served me well. Granted, I do all the service work (by the book) with zero issues. Hauling a 33' 5th wheel through the Montana mountains a piece of cake compared to 2500 chevys I'm owned. Then that's comparing apples to oranges.

21-Dec-19
I work for FCA as a quality control inspector. That being said I see what goes on behind the scenes. I would never ever buy a Dodge Ram diesel or gas. They are nothing but trouble waiting to happen. They are not like the old ones. 3 trucks sitting in my driveway, 2 GMC and one Ford. Never any issues.

21-Dec-19
There are a couple of huge Cummins forums available. From dedicated First Gen sites to the present. There seems to be no problem that hasn't been uncovered and for the older ones,a solid remedy for most issues. Myself, I'd be looking for a low mileage 2006 or older. Trannys have problems but the fix is there. Same with some fuel/electric issues. Put it in the budget when buying.

I had a 1992 5.9 for eleven years and the grumpy old bastard refused to die! It was like herding a three legged drunken pig down the road with a club, but was utterly dependable. It came with earmuffs instead of a radio. Finally had to just sell it. Bought a used 2007 Tundra and have been happy and trouble free ever since.

21-Dec-19
The Chev’s don’t seem to get much respect for some reason, and I know guys that just love their Dirtymax’s. I recall a hunt in Texas years ago, and a conversation with the dusty old rancher that owned the place we were hunting on. He told me Ford pick-ups were the most popular trucks in Texas, but Chevy’s were a close second. “Every rancher in Texas drives a Ford” he said, “and every rancher’s wife drives a Chevy!”. True story.

21-Dec-19
I work for FCA as a quality control inspector. That being said I see what goes on behind the scenes. I would never ever buy a Dodge Ram diesel or gas. They are nothing but trouble waiting to happen. They are not like the old ones. 3 trucks sitting in my driveway, 2 GMC and one Ford. Never any issues.

21-Dec-19
As I said my 1996 7.3 f250 has been a great truck it doesn't hardly know my heavy old boat is behind it iv had it for 9 years it's got 170.000 & I've replaced a cam sensor a fuel heater & 2 o rings in the fuel pump. I don't drive it daily. I have a s10 beater that I drive daily. & one thing a can guarantee ya is driving that big whistling turbo stinking diesel most definitely is not going to enlarge your scrotum

21-Dec-19
On a more serious note iv been driving big trucks for 20+ years the company I work for has 20 trucks 30 employees 3 of which are full time mechanics. As a general rule in my area & the deisel mechanics I know the 7.3 is considered bomb proof the Cummins is the easiest to work on & to work on the new ford diesel you almost have to remove the cab to get to the motor. Up until just recently very few duramax diesel owners in this area

22-Dec-19
I would not buy a new diesel truck now days. I have the 6.7 Cummins in my truck (2007 full delete and tuner) and would not trade for a new one. I have 185k on mine and runs great and never issues... the new ones, not so much. Best of luck.

22-Dec-19

Timex's embedded Photo
Timex's embedded Photo
So between hunting & offshore fishing my play toy funds are pretty much exhausted but if I had money to spend on a new truck id find a 1968 to 73 f250 in good shape with a big block & 4 speed

22-Dec-19
Hell yes Tee!

22-Dec-19
I like those old school Ford trucks. I had a 1980 short bed F-150 with a 400M and a 4 speed. I loved those older truck with V8's and manual tranny's. I would be open to getting another if mama would let me. When I get to FL in a couple of weeks I'll be looking for a 05-06 Tundra to replace my 03 F150. I've owned that since 2004....she's been good but is now regulated to a local hunting and fishing truck with the usual Michigan rust holes popping up. I don't care too much for the look of the 2007 and on Tundra's. My 2019 F150 with the V6 turbo ecoboost and max tow package has something like a 11,000 tow capacity. With a lower rear end it would go to 13K.

The bro likes his 2005 5.9 Cummins. Good fuel mileage but it does have some issues. He's had the same bearing in the rear end replaced 3 times now. The intake heater acts up and the block heater has to be plugged in even in warm/cool temps if it's been sitting for a while. He's been thru a few brakes but that would be normal for living in the MT mountains and towing the camper. The body is still in good shape. It does make some noise so if you're trying to be stealthy driving thru the hunting grounds.....this truck ain't it.

22-Dec-19

leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
I have a 2015. I deleted and put a stealth tuner in. No DPF or DEF. got into a plowing accident and replaced the bed with a custom aluminum one. In 154k I did batteries and alternator. Only time it let me down was my front wheel bearing went on a long road trip. Other than that it’s been amazing. I tow 15k regularly and do lots of stop and go city driving. Excellent fuel mileage which went way up after the delete. I get 25 on the highway if I’m going the speed limit.

22-Dec-19
Nice truck Leo. Not sure I could get away with the delete and what not here in Colofornia.

22-Dec-19

My “Problem Child”.

22-Dec-19

leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
Thanks RT. I left the blue DEF cap for show when I put the custom aluminum bed even though it’s just for show.

24-Dec-19
It really seems reliable diesels are just luck of the draw, even in passenger cars like Volkswagen. The roll of the dice just doesn’t seem worth it.

Unless you pull A LOT, a gasser is the way to go.

24-Dec-19
I'd be the first in line for an HD Tundra. Increase the payload to 2500 and I'm in. But then the "domestic" market would collapse over night. More bailouts.

24-Dec-19
Now that’s funny Rog. I think the pathetic liberalization of your home state has got a tight grip on you bud. Might be some long lines of Fords/Chevs/Dodges lined up at the Toyco dealer the next day in Co and Ca, but I doubt it in Texas or the heartland or the rust belt. Maybe you should just cut to the chase and get urself a nice subaru outback dude!

24-Dec-19

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
I bought my first diesel ever in September 2018 a new Ram Ecodiesel 1500 4wd pickup on recommendations from several clients that have them. I pull an 18 foot trailer with quads, side by side or Argos on a daily basis for several months each year. The truck has 30,000 miles on it now and has been excellent so far. Fuel mileage is great both empty 28-30 mpg and when towing it gets 18-20 mpg. I was surprised at how little DEF it uses. So far so good.

24-Dec-19
Just to clarify my input above, I never said my diesel's were unreliable. They are not. My 7.3's have all been rock solid. I own 3 of them right now and have no trouble at all with any of them, and one is pushing 400k. My 6.7 Cummins is a beast that runs like a raped ape with the full delete, tuner and turbo upgrade I installed. It's seriously the most aggressive and entertaining truck I've ever driven. My problem has been with my 2013 Dodge Ram and all the ancillary issues associated with the exhaust/emissions (which I eliminated with the e-delete) and all the computer controlled systems the newer vehicles are equipped with these days. Here is yet another recent example; I just had to replace a rear wheel sensor on the Dodge truck last week. As I understand it, the thing tells the onboard computer if the wheel is spinning at the same rate as the rest of the wheels, I suppose for slip/skid detection/control. Again, I hate my vehicles having to do the thinking for me. Well, when that sensor goes, I get a warning light and chime every time I start the truck, and the light stays lit while driving. It also disables the anti-lock braking system, so my ABS light also lights up. Plus, my remote start is now disabled because the truck is in "service-vehicle" mode. You get the picture? This is why I'll never buy another new vehicle. The absurdity of some stupid effin sensor (that tells me how fast my wheel is spinning!) taking a $hit, and starting a chain reaction that just drives me crazy and ultimately forces me to spend money to fix something I never even needed in the first place. But that has nothing to do with the 6.7 Cummins diesel engine, which is a beast. Again, it's a real love/hate relationship with this truck.

24-Dec-19
I had the same exact problem with my 6.7 Ford. cost me $1200.00 to fix the damn thing just so it wouldn't drive me crazier. I contemplated for 6 months never fixing it as I don't need it anyway but the bells and chimes going off every 30 miles made it unbearable.

I also have a Chevy Duramax that has it's own special issues. The best I have owned so far is 2, 5.9 Dodges between the two they were pushing 3/4 million miles and never touched the engines or transmissions. Replaced a clutch in one at over 300k, Wheel bearings, Axles seals, front end components and breaks on each once. all pretty normal stuff for the miles. Neither the ford or the Chevy pulled at low RPM's even remotely close to the Dodges. If you're driving the truck to the grocery store or home depot on weekends, a gas truck is fine. If you are really using it like a truck, The gas job isn't going to hold up or perform like a diesel. Run that gasser like a truck for 4-500,000 miles and then evaluate what you should have done.

24-Dec-19
I'm starting to look at GMC 2500 AT4. Any thoughts?

24-Dec-19
We're guilty of already owning a turbo Subaru. Quite a machine, wife's daily driver.

24-Nov-20

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
Ford diesels suck

24-Nov-20
Gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not a 6.0 or 6.4...... =D

Have a couple friends with 7.3s and those things are a beast. Can't seem to kill em and I think those boys have tried....

24-Nov-20
Its not fords 7.3 thats the problem its the rest of the truck that sucks. my 2001 power stroke to get it to 125k miles needed a transmission at 70k, wheel bearings at 54k, 4 alternators 2 put in on the side of the road on hunting trips, 6 sets of battery, rebuilt the whole front end. the POS 4 speed tranny they put in those trucks was horrible and couldn't select what gear for steep downgrades and pulled a 28 foot toy hauler like crap. the 5.7 tundra i replaced it with pulled that same trailer better than the 7.3 by far.

25-Nov-20
99’ with zero rattles, factory injectors and glow plugs at 377,000 miles, 250,000 on current wheel bearings, 400,000 on factory starter, 441,000 on factory lift pump.

It all depends on how you drive em. This one doesn’t see 2,000 rpm unless it’s on the hwy doing 70. Most drive them like a gasser turning 3500 and wonder why they chit the bed at 200,000 miles.

25-Nov-20
I had the dreaded 6.0L powerstroke in a 2006 f350, I bullet proofed it which cost me a shit ton of cash but it was awesome. Back in January I came across a deal I couldn't refuse a 2017 f250 lariat diesel with 7500 miles on it so I got on a plane and drove her back home. The new 6.7 powerstroke is amazing, I thought my tuned 6.0 had power, this thing kills it, and it excellent on fuel. I was going to buy a gasser but after having the power of a diesel its hard to step down.

25-Nov-20
Carcus, really like my 2015 Powerstroke F350. 155,000 km and going strong, most of it with a cabover Northern Lite camper (not light).

26-Nov-20
Here we are almost a year later and I can still say I have had zero issues with my 2014 3500. Outside of a couple recalls it has never been in a shop. Granted, I do all normal service requirements; all filters, oil changes, etc.,

• Sitka Gear